Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Re: [JP] JP Home Warns of Bans for ISE Abuse

Sep 20, 2013

This is not really new for Japan, they have been doing this for a long time. For as long as I remember, Japan has always been strict about this stuff. It was only last year they released a statement asking for people to report others who were glitching.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 41 of 145 (319 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14561 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

It seems to be only for JP Home users, imfamousgodV2_0. As I don't advocate ISE, but it wouldn't be surprising to see NA Home users getting banned because of it since it's pretty lax in matters about it compared to Japan Home, which is very strict about having items that are not from their own region.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 42 of 145 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Sep 20, 2013
Nice, but to bad it took them this long to do something about it (if they actually do anything about it instead of just say they will and then do nothing like every time before now). At this point it just proves that that is all that is left on their version of home, false region accounts and thieves that cant obtain Japanese network cards. Most people who are willing to pay, lost interest years ago the first time this exploit came up. The rest are losing interest now because of a communications barrier. But its ok.. Go ahead and take action now... 4 years later.........
Message 43 of 145 (313 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I kinda take this as a sign that people need to start skipping a step on the chain of command, and start sending complaints about how more than half of the na mvps are known to use this and the na moderation does nothing about it when its reported, to someone over their head that does take it seriously.
Message 44 of 145 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 20, 2013

While out swaggajacking people last night, I realized how easy it is to catch people with ISE items using Player Inspect.

Anything that shouldn't be on the NA servers calls attention to itself in the descriptions, and the Mods can now get visual evidence of users who have illegally obtained items. Since Mods can walk around in Home in invisible mode, the ISE users won't even know that they're being scanned.

I expect we'll see some threads about ISE bans in the near future.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 45 of 145 (287 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6367 posts

Sep 20, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

While out swaggajacking people last night, I realized how easy it is to catch people with ISE items using Player Inspect.

Anything that shouldn't be on the NA servers calls attention to itself in the descriptions, and the Mods can now get visual evidence of users who have illegally obtained items. Since Mods can walk around in Home in invisible mode, the ISE users won't even know that they're being scanned.

I also think the fact that a lot folks aren't  too shy about showing off and bragging about it pretty much makes it easy as well.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 46 of 145 (272 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 20, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

I look forward to standing by alongside you, watching the petulant, self-absorbed and spoiled falling off the face of the world... HOME world, I mean. Would be pretty cool if they jacked in a "burning alive" emote and force the avatars of those guilty to suffer it before giving them the big boot. Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 47 of 145 (268 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I dont know if it is a coincidence but I seem to have been seeing a lot less ise people walking around showing off their stuff.  Btw could someone refresh my memory: what does ISE stand for I forgot lol.

Message 48 of 145 (265 Views)
MVP Support
14561 posts

Sep 20, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I dont know if it is a coincidence but I seem to have been seeing a lot less ise people walking around showing off their stuff.  Btw could someone refresh my memory: what does ISE stand for I forgot lol.

Item Server Exploit.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 49 of 145 (257 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I love the hype this causes and how suddenly everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon with their pitchforks at the ready.

ISE threads are so last year, get over it.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 50 of 145 (254 Views)
0 Likes