Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: [JP] JP Home Warns of Bans for ISE Abuse

Sep 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LightningEmotion wrote:

And how exactly would they be able to discern an item obtained via ISE as opposed to an item obtained legitmately?..

Oh I would imagine content from other regions would be pretty easy to determine. I also suspect this is a follow up to the fact that no new mall content will be published and it appears they won't tolerate users getting it from other regions.

I think it's awfully sad for users there to not be getting new content. 

Does ISE give you an obtain reward date?  Cause that could be another way to look if and item was not available after 2010 and its now 2013 and you have it then that would be one indicator, especially if you have a new account.

@ cgmann99

So your saying that Sony should look the other way in order to not anger those who knew they were breaking the rules and did it anyways?

@HOPPER ise has been patched before, they just find new ways to obtain items, how do I know this?  If you been around long enough on Home you will meet people that do it.

I remember several community members getting on my case because I didn't agree with ise, but what I was really referring to was people coping hard earn rewards and not freebie stuff from other regions.   I personally would never jeopardize losing my account over a couple of non-region freebies but that's just me and if Japan feels they need to crack down on this, then its their option to do so I'm neither here nor there on the issue, because at the end of the day there's nothing we can do.

Message 21 of 145 (409 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 20, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
Dont they realize if some accts get a ban over ISE its gonna be enough to anger those users to walk away from Sony forever.

Anybody who has or had the audacity to ISE in the first place should've had the common sense to realize they were doing something against the TOS, and the potential for punishment in regards to their actions was ALWAYS a possibility. Too many people think that cheating the system is perfectly acceptable, whether it's video games, Home items, taxes, etc. I FULLY support this action, and hope to see similar occurrences in NA Home as well. Time to pay, you greedy little children... *evil laughter*

Photobucket
Message 22 of 145 (406 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I would estimate more than that. And also think about the items that wereonly available thru mall hack. I found someone w one of the Misfits shirts, items inspected him and was given a price for the item. It was like 0.49 for the shirt if I believe. Sony effectively killed the mall hack for US and EU w the player inspect. Heard JP didnt get that feature. So I have a feeling it will be less to worry about over here. JP also has diff customs and conduct in general to the Western world. So they are going to do some things diff than what the west does. I am gonna go w a wait n see on the issue like that over here. Who knows that might not even make it over here. They still have things for home we never saw for NA home.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 23 of 145 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
weird. it seems to me like Sony is tying to push people out of Japan home so it will be easier to shut down.

Well the stopping of the publishing of new content can't bode well for Japan Home being around long term. Pretty sad. 

I was only aware that SONY would no longer publish new content. Are you saying now that it's the developers as well???

Photobucket
Message 24 of 145 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Sep 20, 2013

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
weird. it seems to me like Sony is tying to push people out of Japan home so it will be easier to shut down.

Well the stopping of the publishing of new content can't bode well for Japan Home being around long term. Pretty sad. 

I was only aware that SONY would no longer publish new content. Are you saying now that it's the developers as well???

Devs dont publish items Sony does, so if Sony is not publishing items, then who will?

Message 25 of 145 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Sep 20, 2013

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:

I was under the impression it was everyone. I'd love to be wrong. I've been distracted by other things these days so I might be misinformed. If someone would care to clarify this is would be appreciated.

I would hope 3rd parties could publish in Japan still. 

Message 26 of 145 (381 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Sep 20, 2013
Obviously you peole did not read a follow up post of mine. You are jumping all over me like I completely support it. To reiterate I DO NOT CONDONE THE USE BUT I AM NOT AGAINST THE USE OF IT. MOST OF THE REWARDS ARE CRAP IN THE ISE PACKAGES ANYWAY. The users know the possible outcome of that I agree, however some of the ISE rewards could have been legit obtained. So its gonna make things more tedious on Sony end sifting thru reports.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 27 of 145 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 20, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
Obviously you peole did not read a follow up post of mine. You are jumping all over me like I completely support it. To reiterate I DO NOT CONDONE THE USE BUT I AM NOT AGAINST THE USE OF IT. MOST OF THE REWARDS ARE CRAP IN THE ISE PACKAGES ANYWAY. The users know the possible outcome of that I agree, however some of the ISE rewards could have been legit obtained. So its gonna make things more tedious on Sony end sifting thru reports.

Most of the discussion has not been directed at anyone. I think you're overreacting a bit.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 28 of 145 (364 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

stardeth wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:

I was under the impression it was everyone. I'd love to be wrong. I've been distracted by other things these days so I might be misinformed. If someone would care to clarify this is would be appreciated.

I would hope 3rd parties could publish in Japan still. 

I would kudo this 50 times if I could, I guess we will find out soon enough what they meant, but the Devs were pretty much backing up that theory when they made their statements.

Message 29 of 145 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Sep 20, 2013

stardeth wrote:
Anybody who has or had the audacity to ISE in the first place should've had the common sense to realize they were doing something against the TOS, and the potential for punishment in regards to their actions was ALWAYS a possibility. Too many people think that cheating the system is perfectly acceptable, whether it's video games, Home items, taxes, etc. I FULLY support this action, and hope to see similar occurrences in NA Home as well. Time to pay, you greedy little children... *evil laughter*

ISE isn't against the TOS. Not to mention that Sony is also aware that many of the Home MVP have ISE items. They could care less..

Message 30 of 145 (349 Views)
0 Likes