Reply
Oct 04 2012
By: Joanna_Dark_ Shinra Executive 29271 posts
Offline

[JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

[ Edited ]
9 replies 527 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

This is a beautiful space. It's really so tranquil and I was personally amazed with the tea ceremony earlier today. I made a video and thought some here might enjoy seeing it.

 

We should get this eventually here in North America I would think. It's linked to EDO and there is another portion of this space that you can access I was told if you get enough points in the EDO game. You can bet I'll be playing that game soon enough.

 

Have a look.

 

Message 1 of 10 (527 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 05/26/2010
Offline
582 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Any idea how many points? I posted the question about how to access the second area a week ago - surprised no one has discussed it on any forum.

Message 2 of 10 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 4, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

Any idea how many points? I posted the question about how to access the second area a week ago - surprised no one has discussed it on any forum.


I have answers here on my new article on the Gazette:http://pshomegazette.com/2012/10/04/the-way-of-tea-wabi-sabi/

 

The signpost is next to the second tea house, own the rewards in full and it will work! ^^ 

Message 3 of 10 (473 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 4, 2012

Very well written article Steve! The space is georgeous. I really hope we get it and I plan on buying it when it arrives. I'd recommend all those interested check out his article. 

 

There are videos there as well. 

Message 4 of 10 (451 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/27/2011
Offline
118 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Great article!

 

Any tips for grinding the edo lounge to earn points for that elusive teapot that unlock the pathway?

 

 

Thanks!



---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 5 of 10 (438 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 05/26/2010
Offline
582 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 4, 2012

Thanks Steve, I should have just pmed you of course lol.

 

I really like the fact your article goes beyond Home by putting this space in its broader historical/cultural context and discussing the real life nuances that inspired it. We need more of this kind of thing beyond just the simple reward hunting that seems to occupy most user's time nowdays. It makes this space seem even more special.

Message 6 of 10 (408 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2010
Offline
4422 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 4, 2012

Thank you everyone, it was fun to do this article and I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Granzella also put a lot of attention into educating us about the way of tea, there is a lot in the wording and the signposts about this tradition that really make it educational.  😊

Message 7 of 10 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 4, 2012

stevev363 wrote:

Thank you everyone, it was fun to do this article and I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Granzella also put a lot of attention into educating us about the way of tea, there is a lot in the wording and the signposts about this tradition that really make it educational.  😊


Granzella seems to care about detail. We see that with their museum and with many of the other things they develop. I was very impressed with this space and the fact it works again as an integrated space with their public one making it even more special to me at least.

 

Message 8 of 10 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/23/2010
Offline
1136 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 5, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

stevev363 wrote:

Thank you everyone, it was fun to do this article and I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Granzella also put a lot of attention into educating us about the way of tea, there is a lot in the wording and the signposts about this tradition that really make it educationJal.  😊


Granzella seems to care about detail. We see that with their museum and with many of the other things they develop. I was very impressed with this space and the fact it works again as an integrated space with their public one making it even more special to me at least.

 


Hey, Joanaa? I have a question. (Sorry if it's a bit off topic.) I was just wondering about these monthly Suggestions threads that Glass Walls post. Does Sony ever look at them? It just seems to me like they don't. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 9 of 10 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: [JP] Chashi tsu – Japanese Teahouse and Ceremony

Oct 5, 2012

thelegendaryD wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

stevev363 wrote:

Thank you everyone, it was fun to do this article and I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Granzella also put a lot of attention into educating us about the way of tea, there is a lot in the wording and the signposts about this tradition that really make it educationJal.  😊


Granzella seems to care about detail. We see that with their museum and with many of the other things they develop. I was very impressed with this space and the fact it works again as an integrated space with their public one making it even more special to me at least.

 


Hey, Joanaa? I have a question. (Sorry if it's a bit off topic.) I was just wondering about these monthly Suggestions threads that Glass Walls post. Does Sony ever look at them? It just seems to me like they don't. 


Yes I do believe they do. They are things that were requested in those threads and here in Open Forum that have made it in world. 

Message 10 of 10 (360 Views)
0 Likes