Oct 30 2013
By: Novus-Cooldown Hellfire Developer 775 posts

It's here... Home Tycoon: New Heights is out NOW!

[ Edited ]
33 replies 516 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

The wait is over! 

Home Tycoon: New Heights launches TODAY in PlayStation Home, loaded with two new expansion packs, gameplay improvements, new buildings & animations, Train Station upgrades, helicopters, amusement park rides, and much more! Here's what's new in this massive update:

• Flying High expansion: Take to the skies to save your city from a corrupt pharmaceutical corporation!
  • Thrill Ride expansion: Build a fully-interactive amusement park with Ferris wheel, roller coaster, and free-fall!
  • Helicopters now available in the Vehicles store
  • New buildings: Metro Police Headquarters, Amusement Park, Pharmacy, and Diner
  • Full building animations added to windmills, oil wells, construction cranes, TransUtopia Windmill Array, and GloboSyn Motors
  • Improved stats added to several buildings
  • New VIP Pack includes gold helicopter & VIP Mayor's Podium with 7 custom animations
  • Upgraded Train Station with What's Hot store, video screen, and more
  • Improved waterbeachfront, and terrain around the city
  • Fixed crash with collecting Tourism revenue
  • Improved menu interface with multiple page support
  • Siren lights now toggle for police car, ambulance, and fire truck
  • New icon added to buildings with helipads
  • Chat bubbles replaced with animated avatars during missions
  • New street texture for Overpass tile in Stunt Pack
  • Greatly improved in-game bonuses for TransUtopia Science Suit and Money Top Hat
  • Various bug fixes, gameplay improvements, and more!

Here's some more detail on a few of the most exciting points...

Helcopters!

Helicopters!

Now you can fly high above any city in your own personal helicopter by purchasing one in the new Air Vehicles store, or through unlocking Test Flight in the "Flying High" expansion pack. We've raised the sky limit in all cities and improved the water and beachfront for better scenery from up high, and we've completely revamped the terrain surrounding your city so you can see for miles. Your city has never looked better, thanks to these free visual upgrades.

Amusement Park Rides!

Amusement Park

With the "Thrill Ride" expansion pack, you'll build a huge amusement park with fully-interactive rides, including a roller coaster, Ferris wheel, and free-fall drop tower. These rides are multiplayer-friendly -- up to 16 players can ride the Ferris wheel at the same time (2 players per seat!), and 4 players can ride the roller coaster and drop tower. Don't like the view from where you're sitting? Switch seats with the push of a button. This expansion pack also includes some crazy missions involving some familiar faces... but, no spoilers.

New Buildings!

Metro Police HQ

In addition to the Amusement Park, we've added the Metro Police Headquarters, Pharmacy, and Diner buildings to the new expansion packs. We've had requests for an upgraded police force for several months now, and now you can bring down the hammer on crime with this shiny new HQ tower, complete with functional helipad on the roof.

Diner and Pharmacy

We've also had requests for more stores and restaurants since we launched Home Tycoon last October, and we're happy to deliver with the New Heights update! We had to get creative about how to work these buildings into the storylines of the new expansion pack missions... but again, no spoilers. Robot tongue

And speaking of buildings, as you can see in the trailer, we've added brand new building animations to the windmills, construction cranes, oil wells, and GloboSyn Motors buildings! Your city should now look more alive than ever before.

Train Station Upgrades!

What's Hot Store

We've made a lot of upgrades to the Train Station in this free update. If you turn around once you enter the space, you'll notice we've replaced one of the SpeedWings stores with our new "What's Hot" store, containing 20 of Hellfire's most popular items and best deals. And don't worry -- the SpeedWings shop is still upstairs.

Ticket Booth

The Home Tycoon Ticket Booth now showcases the rewards that come with the newest VIP Pack: the VIP Mayor's Podium with 7 custom animations, and the VIP Gold Helicopter. We also realized that a lot of people didn't realize the ticket booth was the official Home Tycoon store, so hopefully this makes it more apparent. Robot Happy

Premium Store

Our Premium Store now has a shiny new logo and some sweet animations for the outfits in the window. We've also added a massive video screen above the train tracks, featuring trailers for our games and virtual items, so people have something to watch while they wait for their friends to arrive at the station. Robot Very Happy

Whew! That covers just some of the new features included in the New Heights update (our biggest content expansion to date)! What do you guys think?

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 1 of 34 (516 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Re: It's here... Home Tycoon: New Heights is out NOW!

Oct 30, 2013

Can any of this content be played for free?

Jem!

Message 2 of 34 (499 Views)
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

The Thrill Ride and Flying High expansion packs are 170 and 160 Gold Coins respectively, and Helicopters range from 85 to 100 coins in the Vehicles store. All other features and upgrades in the New Heights update are free for everyone!

Like Hellfire Games on Facebook and sign up for our e-mail newsletter for exclusive updates & giveaways!

Message 3 of 34 (483 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Thank you Novus!

This update is so great! I already have the Theme park, Diner n Police Headquarters in my popular city now. Helicopters! Thank you so much! n the updates to the people in the game missions, they look like people now (translucent green figures, but still better), n waving their arms.

I will get some pictures out later, I don't have time right now, I have some very important things i have to deal with this week.

Great job!

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 4 of 34 (482 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Although I am sure this update adds a lot to the game. I cannot really agree with the statement that this update is your biggest update to date. 

Since both of the new expansion packs have price tags, many players including myself, cannot experience what the update really has to offer.

It is always a pleasure to see additions to the games we love, and I am absolutely sure, both expansion packs are amazing, but from my point of view at least, Rising Revenue added a lot more to the game compare to the brand new New Hights update, thanks to the Aggressive Promotions free expansion pack. 

I am sorry that I could not say a positive feedback, I totally love you Hellfire,  but it is more important to be honest sometimes.

Once again, that is my thought, I am aware that you need profits, and you put a great effort into this update, just like you put on every piece of content you create, and perhaps what the game has to offer is way more than what a F2P version should receive. But calling this update your biggest update to the date, sounds to me a bit unsuitable.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 5 of 34 (473 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Oct 30, 2013

torag365 wrote:

Although I am sure this update adds a lot to the game. I cannot really agree with the statement that this update is your biggest update to date. 

Since both of the new expansion packs have price tags, many players including myself, cannot experience what the update really has to offer.

It is always a pleasure to see additions to the games we love, and I am absolutely sure, both expansion packs are amazing, but from my point of view at least, Rising Revenue added a lot more to the game compare to the brand new New Hights update, thanks to the Aggressive Promotions free expansion pack. 

I am sorry that I could not say a positive feedback, I totally love you Hellfire,  but it is more important to be honest sometimes.

Once again, that is my thought, I am aware that you need profits, and you put a great effort into this update, just like you put on every piece of content you create, and perhaps what the game has to offer is way more than what a F2P version should receive. But calling this update your biggest update to the date, sounds to me a bit unsuitable.

Ummmmm, ok?

Thanks Hellfire for your biggest update to date!

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 6 of 34 (469 Views)
I Only Post Everything
588 posts

Oct 30, 2013
This Home Tycoon update rocks. The theme park and helicopters are just amazing, plus the rewards are awesome especially the LMO from the thrill ride pack. Thank you Hellfire team. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 34 (439 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

The Thrill Ride and Flying High expansion packs are 170 and 160 Gold Coins respectively, and Helicopters range from 85 to 100 coins in the Vehicles store. All other features and upgrades in the New Heights update are free for everyone!

I would have preferred it if you had been honest instead of acting like everyone is getting something for free.

I went to my city, which took seven minutes to download and join. Everything new has to be purchased with coins.

There is no new content for free players, unless you count bug fixes and turning sirens on/off. Woman Sad

Jem!

Message 8 of 34 (436 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Oct 30, 2013

So...I haven't visited Home Tycoon for several months. I thought that the new update was worth a look at least.

I scanned through the building choices. As mentioned already, nothing new was available to be purchased with the 6 million dollars of revenue sitting in my city's coffers. I still had 35 gold coins left from the last time I played the game. Nothing to be had for that paltry sum either. The expansion packs would each require $5-7 worth of coins depending on the bundle purchased. $3 or so for a helicopter. Do I really want to spend that much on a game that I've managed to ignore for the better part of a year? Probably not.

I'm sure that some people will enjoy the new content but I have to wonder how many have simply written off Home Tycoon long ago. Hopefully, Hellfire's gamble of creating new content at this point works out for them.

Just for old time's sake, I decided to collect the revenue from my city since I happened to be there. Halfway through, I was disconnected by an F13 error. All in all, time well spent. Smiley Indifferent

castle3
Message 9 of 34 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Hellfire Developer
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

Edit: added several bullet points to the feature list that I forgot to mention earlier.

Thanks for the feedback, torag and Jem. Although the new expansions do cost Gold Coins (we'd love to give out our content for free, but we do occasionally have to eat and keep the lights running!), everyone gets the free city upgrades & Train Station updates listed above with New Heights at no cost, along with several gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and other goodies. Some of these features took a looong time to get working (adding fully animated buildings was a doozy due to memory restrictions) and we're glad to offer them to every Home Tycoon player across the board.

This update also opens the doors for more free promotions in the future, like Double Tourism and Free Test Flight, for example. We're always thinking of new ways to offer fun, free events to our players who don't want to spend any money on our games.

While the Rising Revenues update was quite big, it did include one expansion pack, a handful of buildings and mostly visual upgrades. New Heights offers nearly double that amount of content with plenty of free upgrades for everyone, so we're very confident in calling it our biggest content expansion to date. It certainly took far longer to develop! Robot tongue

Thanks so much to everyone who's posted, e-mailed, PMed, tweeted, messaged over Facebook, and told us in Home how much they love the new content. It means the world to us that you're enjoying New Heights, and the entire team thanks you guys for your support! Heart

Message 10 of 34 (412 Views)