Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Re: It's all been said before.

Aug 3, 2009

I agree with you. Many people are posting less and less. At least those of those people I know usually post more often. I myself am not posting as much either. But, in general, I think posting is UP, and I mean UP!!! I know exactly what ur talking about the number of posts decreasing for many. But in general I have noticed the Home forums are moving WAY TOO fast. If anything too many posts. Lots of spam threads too. I think the number of threads that are made has increased significantly.

My personal take on the issue is this: Those of use that might have been here longer or who might have a larger post count etc. Are posting less cause we have already expressed our opinions on several of these recent topics on numerous occasions. There have been so many duplicate threads recently that I don't want to say for the millionth time weather or not Home is a success or failure. I don't want to say for the thousandth time why I don't want public voice chat back. I could go on and on. The problem is we have too many threads on the same topics popping up daily. I know I'm tired of repeating myself, LOL. Maybe its the same with the rest of the people.

Message 11 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4121 posts

Aug 3, 2009
I just want to know what happened to all the big shot names back then.. I mean, I remember seeing those ridiculously large posts by people like jiggyteddy, BLACK_BIBLE, Jersquall, Oddsix, and all the others I can't remember right now. At this time now, you hardly even see them around here anymore..

I don't care if the Home community went to nothing, I'd still stick around. Despite all these spam threads, and ridiculous posts, I'm still here to do my best to help out this community. Those others that are still helping the community, I applaud you.
Message 12 of 37 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Aug 3, 2009

Kraizedogg wrote:
I just want to know what happened to all the big shot names back then.. I mean, I remember seeing those ridiculously large posts by people like jiggyteddy, BLACK_BIBLE, Jersquall, Oddsix, and all the others I can't remember right now. At this time now, you hardly even see them around here anymore..

I don't care if the Home community went to nothing, I'd still stick around. Despite all these spam threads, and ridiculous posts, I'm still here to do my best to help out this community. Those others that are still helping the community, I applaud you.
I hope that the rest of the community thinks the same way you do. We should all try our best to help out each other as best we can. 

Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Message 13 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

Aug 3, 2009

BitRunner wrote:
I'm led to believe it's the amount of occurences of a certain topic as well as if the topic is discussion-worthy.

Public mic support posts seem to be an exception to the rule I rarely see them get locked.

Yeah which is odd since there is around 4 or 5 of them active.

It would be different if the mods took a few seconds to WRITE DOWN and COMMUNITCATE why a thread is being locked or deleted. The only decent mod I can evr recall on this website is CobraGirl and even she has a tendency to lock threads without communicating her reasons. 

Message 14 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Aug 3, 2009

Kraizedogg wrote:

as am i. I thought at first that the HCV secret Forum had stolen these people (jiggy & Jer) from these forums seeing as how they disappeared right after they became HCV. But i was told by another HCV that there wasn't much activity on the board. Then I thought maybe being an HCV in Home was taking up all their time. But that fell through too. Honestly i don't know.

As for Black, i think his 90 day ban forced him to find other ways to spend his time. And even though he came back and made that thread and was active for awhile, i think he got used to not having the Home forums there and got in a habit of not coming back.

Message 15 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Aug 3, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

Kraizedogg wrote:

as am i. I thought at first that the HCV secret Forum had stolen these people (jiggy & Jer) from these forums seeing as how they disappeared right after they became HCV. But i was told by another HCV that there wasn't much activity on the board. Then I thought maybe being an HCV in Home was taking up all their time. But that fell through too. Honestly i don't know.

As for Black, i think his 90 day ban forced him to find other ways to spend his time. And even though he came back and made that thread and was active for awhile, i think he got used to not having the Home forums there and got in a habit of not coming back.

I'm still here  :smileyhappy:

Message 16 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4121 posts

Aug 3, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:
That's weird, maybe they have busy jobs? Still, I know some people that have jobs and still post here. I kind of miss their posts, they were long, but hey, they taught you a lot of things. (Especially me).
Message 17 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4121 posts

Aug 3, 2009

Ryyan wrote:
I hope that the rest of the community thinks the same way you do. We should all try our best to help out each other as best we can. 
Haha, thanks, but I've still got lots to learn.

Hey, I agree, maybe just maybe, it'll be like that one day. Though, we're making progress, it maybe slow, but we're getting somewhere.

JVBGFR wrote:
I'm still here
Hey, there's some great members out there, old and new. Low or high post count, I'm not going to start a popularity contest, but they know who they are.
Message 18 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Aug 3, 2009

JVBGFR wrote: I'm still here  :smileyhappy:

And we applaud you. but really tho, we are glad ur still here. Don't even try to leave us, Or we'll act like Cameron Diaz in Vanilla Sky and ask you "What is happiness to you, David?" and then drive you into a freaking WALL!!

"When did you stop carring David? . . . about the consequences of the promises that you've made?"

Message 19 of 37 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Aug 4, 2009

Kraizedogg wrote:

Could it be that maybe the people we "miss" now are seeing the same things that are being posted (every day) about the same thing (all the time)?

I won't lie - I never read more than a few lines of Mr Lockwood's posting - for a few reasons - One - and for me most important - there was "religious" hints to the word "commandments" - no matter how anyone tries to say differentlyTwo - basically the posting for the "Constitution" was already there.

In my eyes - that was plagiarism pure n simple - and I don't care if you change the words - the facts were basically the same.

I understand that many here want to help the community - and I can't applaud them enoughBut to read someone's post - and then change/tweak the wording - to me - is unforgivable

I too miss the "Old Ones" as I fondly think of themThey felt the pulse of the community - knew what was needed - and posted it with such a flair that at times - I had tears rolling down my cheeks (both in laughter and emotions).  I am by no means a writer - I have no education past High School - and I do have a hard time trying to put my thoughts into wordsThe Old Ones were able to put into words the things that I felt about Home - and the Home Community.

There are new Old Ones here today - but far and fewI see postings with large font - crazy colors - and (its inevitable) such lousy spelling that it hurts my eyes to readI look forward to some of these newer Old Ones - and I hope that they won't get discouraged as (maybe) others have done when you sit there and read the same postings over and over again - day in and day out.

There are many who can only think of negative things to say - have no positive input - no "wanting" to help OUR community to grow and strengthenThey only wish to diminish posters here that DO have something to say.

I know that there are always positive and negative sides to every issues - its the way of the world - both real or "virtual" - but why can't people try and discuss these positive/negative sides - and try and figure out a median?

Yes - I get "prissy" too when I see multiple threads for the same things - and I am "trying" to bite my tongue and stay away from posting on thoseI know some posters will "police" every posting - saying it should be in here/there - and Yes - I am guilty of doing the same thingBut I am trying to change my ways - and as I was told when I was a kid - "if you don't have anything nice to say - keep your trap shut" (or words to that effect). 

Would this not help out everyone both here on the Forums as well as on Home

Constructive criticism is great - bashing basically is not. 

JPConway

Message Edited by JPConway on 08-03-2009 08:05 PM

Message 20 of 37 (7 Views)