Nov 24 2012
By: Ingavar_out Lombax Warrior 150 posts

Issue with avatar add-on

4 replies 154 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

I had a bit of Home cash and decided to have fun, so I spent like 20 minutes going throught the female hair style add-ons. I liked the Long Curly Hair, but when I tried putting it on my avatar it showed up as having purple highlights at the bottom end of the hair, and that was NOT in the description! As I didn't want that feature I ended up going back and finding another one I was satisfied with, but this glitch made me feel like the first purchase was a waste of money. Smiley Mad

Could this be some programming glitch that might be fixable, or should I give up and not buy any more avatar add-ons so I don't risk wasting money again on something that doesn't deliver what it promises?

Message 1 of 5 (154 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Issue with avatar add-on

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

It's hard sometimes to tell even with avatar previews. It's a good idea at times to wait to see the item in world before buying. Sadly there is no return policy so exchanging it isn't really an option.

Message 2 of 5 (148 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Nov 24, 2012
I know there is no way to return Home stuff, I'm just wondering if it's worth letting Sony about the issue.
Message 3 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

Well some have gotten credits. I'm not sure it's worth the effort to have to deal with customer support. Personally I have no experience with them and can't say how successful you'd be and if it would be worth your time.

Relative to previews you can perhaps complain in support and put some suggestions in the suggestion thread. I know for some items I always wait to see them before I buy especially if they are expensive. 

Luckily most previews work pretty well for clothes at least. 

Message 4 of 5 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

PHONE
 800-345-SONY (7669)
 Mon- Sat 6:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific / Sun 7:00AM - 6:30PM Pacific

Theres a chance the (support rep) won't even know what Home is becuase its basically a call center and will try to shuffle you to post your problem directly in the forums.

Just politely let them know you have posted and moderators do not reply to these types of postings here.

Also you may want to contact the specific developer as this might be a known issue.

In any event....

Make sure you have the item number and prepare to give your account information.

IF you get a refund its normally with 3-10 business days and its credited to your wallet.

I've had many purchases gone bad that theyve refunded so I know for a fact that THEY DO give refunds, especially if its a technical issue on their end.

Message 5 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Likes