Jun 11 2014
By: DarthGranny Wastelander 195 posts

Is this even possible as a Home solution?

27 replies 514 views Edited Jun 11, 2014

I am throwing this idea out there so that people who do know about game development can see if it has value.  Been playing GTA5 and FF14.  Paid $$ to buy discs.  And pay monthly fee to SquareEnix to continue playing FF14.  So, would it be possible to duplicate Home as a GAME with an initial cost for the download and then a monthly fee to keep playing?  It would be terrific if the public spaces and existing games  were duplicated, the private spaces still there and the developers in there selling items.

As I was playing FF14, I kept comparing it to Home and wondering why not?  I would love to hear about this idea from John (Game Mechanics), Alex (Lockwood), Darla the computer genius, TSJ from LBP, and others who know how these platforms and servers (and other terminology I don't understand) work - and if this could be possible to put Home on the PS4 as a game.

Message 1 of 28 (514 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Re: Is this even possible as a Home solution?

Jun 11, 2014
I would like to hear what sue over at engine giant has to say and or Steve from evil tree
From the forums I would like to see Jan's thoughts
And of course mya's input.

Hers the og thread btw for today
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/ps-home-s-eventual-demise/td-p/43756602
Message 2 of 28 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
195 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Yes. Reg, I admit I stole mousie's idea.  I hope hundreds more people do, too.  Maybe someone at Sony will explore this idea and see if they can make it work.

Message 3 of 28 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 4 of 28 (440 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

I still think paying for Home is a bad idea. I don't know anyone that in Home's current state would actually think this would help. Basically, you would pay for a game , then pay to play it, just to pay even more for its content while not doing anything, you'll just blow money and some will get upset.. Home should remain free and get back the content it was known for.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 5 of 28 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
195 posts

Jun 12, 2014

king, I think we all know that the days of  'free' are gone.  Sadly, we cannot turn the clock back to that time. 

Message 6 of 28 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 7 of 28 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

DarthGranny wrote:

As I was playing FF14, I kept comparing it to Home and wondering why not? 

Final Fantasy shares many similarities with Home. I personally wish Home had as much to do as one has in an MMO. 

Message 8 of 28 (393 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 12, 2014

John from GM is the one that told hellokittyxo and I last year how 2 person animations (such as hug and kiss) could never work, so yeah that and the fact that he'd only share such info with the HSM crowd makes me think I could do without his input. Yeah lash out all you want about how honest and open he is, I still dont think he's the one to ask. Remember, he doesnt like our input because we have no idea what buyers want like he does (he told us so)., Flame on.

Message 9 of 28 (378 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 12, 2014

RegPoster wrote:
I would like to hear what sue over at engine giant has to say and or Steve from evil tree
From the forums I would like to see Jan's thoughts
And of course mya's input.

Hers the og thread btw for today
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/ps-home-s-eventual-demise/td-p/43756602

Pffft, I'm the last person who's input you want. Think for yourself Tops. You dont really give a crap what I have to say and no one else should either.

Message 10 of 28 (368 Views)
0 Likes