Fender Bender
2291 posts

Re: Is this also a start to Xi2?

Nov 28, 2012

Patchex wrote:

Here are the corners...

Very nice!  Top of my head, those corner pieces look like a bomb when turned upside down.

corners.jpg

Message 171 of 275 (235 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 28, 2012
^ thats the symbol i meant when i say axi0m symbol. Its on the side of the red devices in aurora, seen at the end of the 'bombing' video and also was posted/uploaded here in user axi0mnexus' profile... I like what youre saying Kat about it being a bomb. Aurora was foreshadowed to be exploded, correct? FUBAR'd perhaps?
Support Forums
Message 172 of 275 (227 Views)
Uncharted Territory
872 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I thought it looks like a hatch but I can see how it could be a bomb.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 173 of 275 (219 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Nov 29, 2012

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHY ARE THERE VINCENTS FLYING OVER AURORA AND WHY AN ENTIRE ISLAND POOFED? 

Message 174 of 275 (194 Views)
Gaming Beast
1864 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Eye-on-Xi was kind enough to give a link on the EU forums to some info from nDreams CEO Patrick O’Luanaigh himself on the new Xi2 game:  Official UK Paystation Magazine

Looks like we know for sure that it will be a Pay-to-Play game (with a free tutorial/demo).  The price?  "A fiver" lol  Not bad for a Xi2, imho. 

Although the price seems fair (and you get a LOT for that price), I am sad that nDreams doesn't have faith in the community to make them money with purchases of game merchandise.  Look at Xi, even years afterward, people still buy the Xi products.  Why?  There is a lot of community love for Xi - a free game.  If we like something, we will support it on our own. 

Like I said though, i don't think it's a very unreasonable price (although the words "the first chapter" haunt me)...  it does take a bit of shine out of it for me though.  Hopefully, the game will include riddles and puzzles that require worldwide teamwork, like last time. 

Another difference is that, although this is also a live event, you will be able to play the game at any time.  Good for future Home citizens, but again... Doesn't have that Xi luster.

Message 175 of 275 (191 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Ren_Echo wrote:
I thought it looks like a hatch but I can see how it could be a bomb.

I can see a hatch, sure.

Message 176 of 275 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 29, 2012

anamri wrote:

Eye-on-Xi was kind enough to give a link on the EU forums to some info from nDreams CEO Patrick O’Luanaigh himself on the new Xi2 game:  Official UK Paystation Magazine

Looks like we know for sure that it will be a Pay-to-Play game (with a free tutorial/demo).  The price?  "A fiver" lol  Not bad for a Xi2, imho. 

Although the price seems fair (and you get a LOT for that price), I am sad that nDreams doesn't have faith in the community to make them money with purchases of game merchandise.  Look at Xi, even years afterward, people still buy the Xi products.  Why?  There is a lot of community love for Xi - a free game.  If we like something, we will support it on our own. 

Like I said though, i don't think it's a very unreasonable price (although the words "the first chapter" haunt me)...  it does take a bit of shine out of it for me though.  Hopefully, the game will include riddles and puzzles that require worldwide teamwork, like last time. 

Another difference is that, although this is also a live event, you will be able to play the game at any time.  Good for future Home citizens, but again... Doesn't have that Xi luster.

I'm guessing the $5 cost is to cover the cost of keeping it running so people can join in anytime.  According to the page, $5 will buy you...

...47 days of updates and missions as you progress, a massive apartment, loads of in-game bits like companions, and something described as a “mysterious cola machine”. It’s also set in what is apparently the largest Home space ever.

That seems a very good deal for $5.  I would assume that being they are keeping this running so people can join anytime, there won't be any real-world clues we'll need to find.  Also, I think it's very smart they are telling us about the fee now instead of springing it on us later.

Message 177 of 275 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Crap, we're gonna have to pay for Xi 2? Well, that puts a damper on it. A lot of my friends that I was scowering the Xi island with today getting hyped to solve puzzles together won't be able to play it with me now if that's the case...a bit depressing. But, thankfully I can afford it this time around and I will gladly pay for the Xi experience. Hopefully we won't have to pay any more than that or I'll have to ask Santa for some PSN cards...

Message 178 of 275 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
872 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I've paid more and gotten less for other things in Home so I won't complain about the price but it would be nice if the whole community could participate. It looks like the introductory part will be free but after that those unable or unwilling to pay will have no involvement. I guess we'll know more about how this will work as we get closer to release.
"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 179 of 275 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I hear that the reason why their are Vincents in the sky is that a coder lost his mind after working on a secret project and decided to put flying unicorns in the skies of Aurora. Just a rumour I heard.

Message 180 of 275 (119 Views)
0 Likes