Jan 15 2012
By: SnidelyKWhiplash Splicer 62 posts
Accepted Solution

Is there a simple way to port your avatar across multiple accounts?

24 replies 3226 views Edited Jan 15, 2012

I have multiple accounts, but really like the the Avatar I created thru careful manipulation of all the charectoristics levels (cheeks, nose, lips, freckles, etc, etc.)

I would like to be able to port/clone this one Avatar across all my accounts (a few NA, an HK, a JP, and an EU)

I would also like to be able to move the pesky little bugger over to my other "travellin" PS3, so when I am away from my physical home I look like "myselves"

SOOOO...My question is...IS there a SIMPLE way to port/clone my Avatar to all my accounts and/or both my PS3s?

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 1 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Is there a simple way to port your avatar across multiple accounts?

Jan 15, 2012

I do apologize if this has been answered elsewhere...but I have been away from the forums for a while and at this moment in time am too tired to search hither, thither, and yon for said answer.

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 2 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Not that I know of, since avatars are saved to the network and not your PS3 hardrive.

However, you could right down the way your avi is made..by doing diagrams, and remembering how you made it.

So you can make an exact copy on each server.

Message 3 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 15, 2012

go to the account where your pretty avatar is! then go to the memory, then home, and copy on usb key your avatar settings(characters) then you can copy on the memory on all ur account!

before that, be sure u save your pretty avi on one slot of your account!^^

Message 4 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jan 15, 2012

TYVM, Sorrow-83, I will give this a try.

And MINDBIIIUR...I was really tryin to avoid all that work, if this doesnt work, I'll have to do it that way tho

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 5 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Jan 15, 2012

All avatar and furniture customization data is saved locally,  not the network. So you can easily transfer avatar settings across the same account on different PS3s using a USB. However I don't believe you can transfer an avatar between accounts because PS3 save data files will always be identified with the name of your PSN account, locking it to that account.

Message 6 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

All avatar and furniture customization data is saved locally,  not the network. So you can easily transfer avatar settings across the same account on different PS3s using a USB. However I don't believe you can transfer an avatar between accounts because PS3 save data files will always be identified with the name of your PSN account, locking it to that account.

The best way to copy avatar information from account to account in the same or different regions is to take digital pictures of your avatar settings in one region and use those pictures for setting them up in another one.  That is what I've done.

Message 7 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Burmecian_Rat wrote:

The best way to copy avatar information from account to account in the same or different regions is to take digital pictures of your avatar settings in one region and use those pictures for setting them up in another one.  That is what I've done.

Thats a very good idea.  Wish I wouldve thought of that before.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 8 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I keep the images on my Flickr account. Makes it easy to access them. You'll need quite a few pics given there are lots of settings but once done it's always good to be sure to back up your avatar digital settings to a flash drive.

Message 9 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jan 15, 2012

They stopped you from being able to do this, as people were using this "hat glitch" and stuff, that meant you had to copy data from one Home account to another.

So the answer is no, you can't. It's all protected and stuff and it's only valid to and from the account you copied it from.

Message 10 of 25 (3,226 Views)
0 Likes