Feb 12 2013
By: TSUNADE1224 Treasure Hunter 3752 posts

Is there a problem with receiving the Free XI LMO?

[ Edited ]
16 replies 248 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

We were told that 2 locomotive rewards were to be available to us, people that paid for XI would get 2 and the people who didnt get the XI would get one as well.  Now I would like to know of those who DIDNT buy XI, how many of you received the locomotion?  I have tried several times, different days, different times, In NA, In EU and NO locomotive.  Also several of my friends tried too and noththing for them either.  This is the thread and what was said

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Xi-Continuum-Update-Details-Rewards-Coming-S...

nDreams_Joey wrote:

Good Morning everyone,

The biggest news in the update is the inclusion of a couple of rewards. We have included a locomotion reward at the end of Day 0 which can be obtained by everybody, regardless of if you have purchased Xi: Continuum or not. You would complete the intro mission and access the pay wall, after that you would receive a Continuum themed locomotion. The second Continuum themed locomotion will be rewarded to users who have completed Day 7.

Joey

Message 1 of 17 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Is there a problem with receiving the Free XI LMO?

Feb 12, 2013

I didn't get mine and I redid the intro yesterday. Nothing popped for me and I'm not planning on getting the game for the other one. 

Message 2 of 17 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Feb 12, 2013

dude also posted that after completing the intro you hav to hit the store, search his posts.

Message 3 of 17 (242 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Feb 12, 2013

You get the first LMO by completing the tutorial without having to buy the game then by going to one of the commerce points and you should receive it. Tried it on one of my accounts and I received the first LMO. The other one I believe is you have to get past day 7 to receive the other LMO.

Message 4 of 17 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 12, 2013

harley7 wrote:

dude also posted that after completing the intro you hav to hit the store, search his posts.

Oh so it's a free item in the store? Is that the same store where you'd buy the game at the end of the demo? 

Message 5 of 17 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Ledis15 wrote:

You get the first LMO by completing the tutorial without having to buy the game then by going to one of the commerce points and you should receive it. Tried it on one of my accounts and I received the first LMO. The other one I believe is you have to get past day 7 to receive the other LMO.

Oh ok... thank you. 

Message 6 of 17 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
283 posts

Feb 12, 2013
To get the free day 0 LMO, complete the intro and then enter and exit the floating shop icon at the bridge barrier. Tried and tested firsthand to work Smiley Happy
-60GB RIP 4-15-2010-
Message 7 of 17 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Feb 12, 2013
;^) I received them both just by visiting my Vertigo Apartment space after they were published. When I explained to my wife that one was free, she got it on two of her accounts. Just play though the demo, then enter the store. That's how it worked for her.
Message 8 of 17 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) I received them both just by visiting my Vertigo Apartment space after they were published. When I explained to my wife that one was free, she got it on two of her accounts. Just play though the demo, then enter the store. That's how it worked for her.

This is how it worked for me and a friend as well.

However, I've heard of people not being able to get them on the first try. If this happen, just logout and then back in again. It may take a few tries, but you'll eventually get them.

-Jinx <3

Message 9 of 17 (178 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I went to Xi space today looking to get these LMOs.  I walked over to the entrance area thinking I needed to click on somthing there but didnt see anything, so I checked my Areopal and the store looking to see if that would activate the reward message.  I was just about to give up since I saw some people with the two kinds of LMOs and decided I would probably never use them anyway and noticed I had already gotten the message.

My guess is it popped up while I was in the store since I never saw it in the top corner, so for anyone having trouble check your Areopal guy and that might work.