May 21 2013
By: MistressLiliana Hekseville Citizen 299 posts

Is the BMX in Acorn Meadows the only one with special animations? What about when ridden tandem?

5 replies 275 views Edited May 21, 2013

I have been trying to decide which to get. I really liked the looks of the Hot Rod and the Penny Farthing, but jumping is something I always wanted to do on home and it seems the BMX is the only one with that animation. I would also like to know more about what the bikes look like when ridden tandem. One of the few times I was in the park when the bikes were actually working I thought I saw someone riding tandem on a Hot Rod bike and it looked like they were actually sitting down and facing backwards. I thought that was kind of funny, but I haven't been able to find any videos or anything showing off the tandem riding feature with different bikes. I thought maybe some people with different bike styles could chime in, though it might be difficult since bikes are never working.

Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Is the BMX in Acorn Meadows the only one with special animations? What about when ridden tandem?

May 21, 2013

I believe that is the only one that does jumps. I have 3 bikes so far. 

Message 2 of 6 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Is the BMX in Acorn Meadows the only one with special animations? What about when ridden tandem?

May 21, 2013

Yea the bmx is the only one w/ that option, the others just have the speed boost. Also the hot rod tandum animation is funny looking w/ the person facing backwards lol. If you just want another bike that does a trick, then there's 1 in the stores that does a wheelie but I'm unsure of the Dev. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 6 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

May 21, 2013

You can't control your jumps. It jumps automatically and repeatedly while boosting. You can't go at full speed without jumping.

Message 4 of 6 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

MistressLiliana wrote:

I have been trying to decide which to get. I really liked the looks of the Hot Rod and the Penny Farthing, but jumping is something I always wanted to do on home and it seems the BMX is the only one with that animation. I would also like to know more about what the bikes look like when ridden tandem. One of the few times I was in the park when the bikes were actually working I thought I saw someone riding tandem on a Hot Rod bike and it looked like they were actually sitting down and facing backwards. I thought that was kind of funny, but I haven't been able to find any videos or anything showing off the tandem riding feature with different bikes. I thought maybe some people with different bike styles could chime in, though it might be difficult since bikes are never working.

IIRC

BMX - Tandem shows them sitting on the seat, while the driver straddles the center bar.  It is also the slowest of the bikes, as the speed boost button (square) is used to jump instead.

Penny Farthing - Tandem shows the passenger standing behind you with arms on your shoulders (sometimes neck).  This has a special animation when standing idle, showing the driver peddle forward and back to maintain balance.

Hot Rod Bicycle - Tandem shows the passenger sitting backwards on the banana style seat with feet stretched out. No special animation.

Road Bicycle - Tandem shows passenger sitting on the seat behind the driver.  No special animation.

Mountain Bike - I don't remember how the passenger rides on this one, or if it has any special animation.

None of the bikes get the 150% speed boost without having to press & hold down the square button... Which I really don't like personally.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 6 (239 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 22, 2013

Thank you everyone, I have plenty of other LMOs to use for speed to do races so I think I will start with the BMX, eventually some day I will get them all but I would rather get all the dogs first.

Message 6 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes