Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Is it really worth it, getting access to the X7 Club,

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

WWERaw526 wrote:

In my opinion, I think its a complete rip off, I mean if i buy one of the mansions then it would look weird to only have one when you would need to buy all of them to explore the whole mansions, as for the clothing and furniture bundles, i would never spend 30 bucks on that stuff.

You don't need all the mansion pieces. I personally think the Infinity pool is the best of the 4 spaces and is a great stand alone spece. It comes with lots of built in furniture which is a plus. If you haven't visited the Infinity Pool you might want to check it out.

If you don't have the garage I think 14.99 is quite expensive for it. I spent 9.99 for mine. After that the other two spaces were 4.99 each although I only got the downstairs and not the upstairs game room.  I really don't use the downstair so that was probably not the best purchase for me. 

Message 11 of 41 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
588 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

@Joanna - I know you dont need all mansion places but buying only one makes it look weird IMO cuz say for example, you have the first floor of mansion, and now you don't have access to the other parts which you have to buy from a rip off price. If I had to pick a part of a mansion if i wanted to buy it, it would probably be the infinity pool.

Message 12 of 41 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I don't regret getting my access to x7 because not only do you get 100 item bundles for .99 cents, you also get free items, previews of items you can buy before they are sold to everyone else, but you also get furniture, weapons and clothing bundles every week for .99.  I would have saved myself a good amount of money if I would have just bought the Infinity pool from the get go.  Not to mention its a nice place to socialize, now the only thing I don't like is that you can't locate your friends in x7.

Message 13 of 41 (245 Views)
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 26, 2013

i recommend plus, it might expire yes but you get a better deal.

Message 14 of 41 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Plus is a great deal if you purchase a lot through the store. The free games are rentals, but discounted purchases are permanently owned. Plus will get you entry plus will open a few more options in the next core we'll likely see in February.

I wouldn't get Plus for just Home, but it does offer some benefits if you plan on using it for its main purpose. They also are currently giving 3 extra months if you purchase a full year subscription.
Message 15 of 41 (222 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

WWERaw526 wrote:

In my opinion, I think its a complete rip off, I mean if i buy one of the mansions then it would look weird to only have one when you would need to buy all of them to explore the whole mansions, as for the clothing and furniture bundles, i would never spend 30 bucks on that stuff.

You don't need all the mansion pieces. I personally think the Infinity pool is the best of the 4 spaces and is a great stand alone spece. It comes with lots of built in furniture which is a plus. If you haven't visited the Infinity Pool you might want to check it out.

If you don't have the garage I think 14.99 is quite expensive for it. I spent 9.99 for mine. After that the other two spaces were 4.99 each although I only got the downstairs and not the upstairs game room.  I really don't use the downstair so that was probably not the best purchase for me. 

Really? You didn't get it for free from the Welcome Back pack when PSN came back online after the network attack almost a couple years ago?

Message 16 of 41 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Jan 27, 2013
The 9.99 price I think was for the pool. If you own the garage I believe the next piece is discounted.
Message 17 of 41 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 27, 2013
X7 has aggravating background music and the people who hang out there are inarticulate and/or boring. There's no true "regulars" in the place, different people each time.
Assuming they even have keyboards, if you try to talk to someone there, be prepared for the most boring, sleep-inducing conversation outside of the Yeti space/Hub/Pier Park/Granzella Beach
Message 18 of 41 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

The $.99 bundles are a great deal, unless you have been on Home over 2 years and have overloaded inventories. The freebies are basically free rewards. Some are useful and fun depending on your tastes. The best way for access in my opinion is psPlus . If you are an active gamer rather than strictly a social user of Home, psPlus is worth the money. The new core update perks for psPlus also look sweet. The answer to your question really depends on how you use your ps3 and Home itself. I would not buy any access items unless you would use them. However that said, the $.99 bundles and freebies easily make purchase of any appealing access item worth the price over the long haul. To people who never spend money in Home, it is irrelevant.

Posted Image

Message 19 of 41 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

People also go there to dance and interact with each other. Regularly.

Yeah, that's a good selling point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 41 (196 Views)