Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Is anything being done

Feb 24, 2014

XrazgarX wrote:
Now your just regurgitating what people are saying and it seems to me that you are defending ISE witch proves my point!  but go ahead an reply as i know you are going to have the last word here lol!

Well yes I'm going to reply to your post your accusing me of defending ISE and I would like to know why?  As you saw in my last post "I try not to make my posts about what I think." so please point out to me at what point in my post did I defend ISE, ICE or any other exploit.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 101 of 111 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 24, 2014

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:
Now your just regurgitating what people are saying and it seems to me that you are defending ISE witch proves my point!  but go ahead an reply as i know you are going to have the last word here lol!

Well yes I'm going to reply to your post your accusing me of defending ISE and I would like to know why?  As you saw in my last post "I try not to make my posts about what I think." so please point out to me at what point in my post did I defend ISE, ICE or any other exploit.

i thought your overall message to the community was "those performing exploits are just beta testers doing their job....blame the program for allowing it instead." Maybe I just didn't "rearead what you wrote" enough times however. I'm sorry ma'am (yes I still remember that you once scolded me for assuming you were male and calling you sir. What with the name "KingofHearts2007" and all, you really had me fooled. My apologies).

Message 102 of 111 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1111 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Lol ISE is not a problem. It's people creating their own DNS.
STAY FROSTY
Message 103 of 111 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Shhhh, it's fun watching people dig their own graves Smiley Very Happy
Message 104 of 111 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Feb 24, 2014

I think the most feasible solution to exploiters at this point would be the use of Private Servers. I know this was possible in earlier incarnations of Home (there might still be a few around--I'm not sure what has been patched and/or changed in the Core Updates). It wouldn't protect new Users fresh of the boat, but it would offer better protection that what is currently available. Which is nothing, apparently.

I wouldn't even care about exploiters if it weren't for the freezing. I have never cared about ISE or glitching before I found out that the software used to do these things also gives the power to freeze. I could care less about the rest of it, so long as it doesn't affect me in a game environment. -But the freezing is stupid. What's the point? It's virtual terrorism.

For those of you doing it, how does it feel to be a terrorist? Is it a good feeling?

Club: Nachtmere
Message 105 of 111 (288 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Mar 22, 2014
Final thought . If we think back when home was newer yes there was exploiting going on but all the larger hacking issues weren't really an issue. Most hackers I think originally were glitchers trying to seek revenge on glitches being patched.

And I still simply find it sad that after all this time sony is willing to take time and effort to remove the more harmless fun glitches then freezing or better moderation. There's hundreds of thousands of actual real problems that they seem to just over look and that really is kinda screwed up. I honestly don't understand how they over look such huge issues and focus on things that went harming anyone. Sorry dead topic I guess and my love and hope for home died with it too. Guess it was all just a big waste of time and money .

Yeah I'm upset sorry after one spends a few or more thousand dollars on something that ends up doing their life more harm then good it isn't much fun to reflect on. And with the forums not effecting any type of choices they make it all seems quite redundant and futile.

(lame song from Jess's apt plays "Look out for me" as I shed a tear) awwww .. Fact is the old home is dead and I don't know about anyone else but cheesy things like that song really make me sad to look back and realize how much brighter it's future looked back then. Hell I have friends who go to japan home just to see the old mall and hear the song they play inside it. When in the end they are all just chasing how good and entertaining home use to be.
Oh and yes I fail at typing well.
Message 106 of 111 (236 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Mar 23, 2014
Glitching on home was the sh--t!!! to the noobs dont let home get ya down... to the freezers hope they trip, fall and land on their di--s!! they possibly (said possibily so dont go ape sh--t on me) froze home because they got issues or they are extremely nice people..(read the bottom) The freezing is done on Jailbroken PS3s... and yeah time changes everything and its never easy to accept change but eventually we have to see it for what it is. A money hungry quick money making scheme/scam, but yet some of us glitchers still go on it. Best bet I can tell you its time to stop spending and start taking advantage back of what it has taken a away from us and that is (TIME), and time means money. I too had always had high hopes for home but it has failed and become all about the $ and not about the costumers. Most business run that way in real life even if we are shown differently. 2sides to a story...

Freezing home=
is just another way to push people to buy ps4 systems
((or the freezing must of been a way to help home addicts quit home and focus in life?)) may I say thanks? ya no...
not that im for it... but nothing in life and virtual life i guess now last forever and nothing remains the same.

--->in other news :-) i suggest playing real games and taking breaks from home sooner or later you'll realize thats its not all that! and time should be spent joyfully how you feel what is fun to you.. If its too stressful its not worth the hassle.
Stan: So we're just gonna let other kids decide which game system we all play on? What would they do on Game of Thrones? What would they do when things look their darkest?
Message 107 of 111 (203 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Mar 23, 2014
Freezing is Sony's biggest problem. But it wouldn't push me to get a PS4.

They still support the PS3 and will for years to come...
 photo 90years_zps08bfda1e.png
Message 108 of 111 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Mar 23, 2014
-Major nerd alert- -this is my theory and observations explained in a way most may not understand-

There is a lot of reasons why Freezing on PS Home occurs. PS3 only slotting 256MB of ram to ps home, for some reason as far as I can tell, not using the other 256MB on the GPU side to help Accelerate rendering and open up and alleviate throttling. It's only sharing the same main memory platform at CPU for both proccessing units as well as forcing the GPU to use a far slower memory controller unit to access CPU/Main memory. While this is totally fine watching a 1080P bluray, and running a OS of any type smoothly, it's not good for throughput. Now assuming the home is totally optimized to use well under 256MB at any given time, and being able to render in non accelerated environment and only native. As we must since that's wat it does, next can be local storage. Hardrives are fairly slow comparative to flash memory, specially over SATA 1 spec.(slower then SATA 3) Controller in the HDD bay. Since I run a mid range SSD in my PS3, and rarely freeze, while some of my friends next to me just poof... I beleive this maybe the bottleneck lies.. The amount of paging of data home is forcing over your hardrives is beyond the amount it can reasonably resolve. Paging memory to hardrives is nothing new, it's just a way to clear ram and load more as well as slotting direct access upon recalling the memory. This is beleive is the biggest area of issue for PS home and least optimized. As for connection stalls and such. Yes I been logging it and appears home is freaking out a lot on the client side requesting a lot of connections, sometimes even after already connected it attempts reconnection. Best example is club chat. Some reason it is constantly calling out and checking (almost fetching unsteady of listening and pushing) for connectivity. That's hammering any real throughput it can have elsewhere and creates the lag when sending PM sometimes.
And finally.. Most items within home are buggy and glitchy.. It can be 1 furniture peice u sat down in ur apartment and forgot about that's freeIng u 10 minutes after u arrive cuz it finally resolves as valid and render. but conflicts with client engine instruction.
And then there is the corrupted files... Yes everyone has improperly shut down there PS3, specially if u been frozen, clearing cache doesn't wipe all files, reinstalling and rebuilding. Data based in ps3 safe boot menu does. But back ontopic, everyone has forced ps3 off without closing home, not a home user if u haven't... This can leave some not so obvious files half completed and home upon boot doesn't see an issue cuz those files not part of loading home initially..
Best solution would be for sony to a lot more access to GPU and GPU Memory to help with acceleration, followed by updating paging file system, then rest can be sorted after then I beleive with that client/system update they could also toss in better connection resolution. Buggy items can be logged to server then based on amount of problems causing remove it or reset it or patch it. Sony has to learn to work from the foundation up not just duct tape the holes in there walls...
its sticky and ickey
Message 109 of 111 (171 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Mar 23, 2014
Oh and this was sent usig my iPhone.. So ignore typos
its sticky and ickey
Message 110 of 111 (169 Views)
0 Likes