Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Re: Freezers

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

For me, many have been "taken care of". 

What proof do you have that anything was "taken care off"?   We can and have reported numerous freezers, and they are not even getting suspended. 

Not only that, but as these freezers discuss openly, IF they ever got suspended or banned they would just make another alt account and keep doing it.

The only effective fix is for Sony to either block that PS3 from the servers (which is extremely unlikely) or to get off their collective rear ends and actually fix the problem.

It's rather sad that Sony will patch totally harmless glitches used in personal spaces, and even cripple the targeting system making it almost useless, but they show very little concern about something like this that at the very least causes someone's PS3 to freeze, forcing them to reboot and often having to restore their system data each time this happens - worse case, corrupt the HDD and brick their PS3.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 81 of 266 (321 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 18, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I have a question , last time this freezing thing happened I ended up quitting home for almost a year I would guess (just got tired of it).

Question is , I seen you say sony did'nt patch that freeze and was wondering what developer patched it if sony did'nt ? I'm just curious as I just simply assumed it was sony who patched it.

Thanks.

It's my understanding the core team was responsible for the fix. As you might recall the fix came right after a core update. What part a 3rd party developer might have played is debatable. I certainly don't have inside information and I don't think anyone here does either. 

Message 82 of 266 (317 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Apr 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

For me, many have been "taken care of". 

What proof do you have that anything was "taken care off"?    

I've explained before. I won't do so again as I know you.

Good bye.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 83 of 266 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

If I remember correctly there were two core updates in a very short span of time. The second one offered a very temporary patch and within a week they were right back freezing again. It was LOOT that I seem to remember mentioning something about stumbling across the fix after replicating it in these forums, in fact quite a few people thanked them in the post as well.

The brief patch Sony did after that 2nd core update had the forums abuzz and all it did was **bleep** off the freezers who vowed they would be back...and they were in no time.

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I have a question , last time this freezing thing happened I ended up quitting home for almost a year I would guess (just got tired of it).

Question is , I seen you say sony did'nt patch that freeze and was wondering what developer patched it if sony did'nt ? I'm just curious as I just simply assumed it was sony who patched it.

Thanks.

It's my understanding the core team was responsible for the fix. As you might recall the fix came right after a core update. What part a 3rd party developer might have played is debatable. I certainly don't have inside information and I don't think anyone here does either. 

Message 84 of 266 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Maybe you have to go over the heads of the managers here, and go right to the top, is Jack Buser still running the show?

I mean seriously, if its getting that bad and nothing is being done at the local level,,, flood Jacks twitter, email and whatever else he has and complain to the top,,, I'm not saying it will change anything, but anything is worth a try.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 85 of 266 (279 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

It took a few months for them to find a new method. We've been freezer free for awhile. And I don't know about the specifics relative to the timing or what happened after that but I do know the freeze was patched the same day as the core update went live. I simply don't remember the number.

Relative to patching it appears it's not a solution given they find a way to do it again anyway. The solution is to go after the users and deal with them. That should have been the focus from the very start. When someone shoots someone you get them and procecute them. You simply don't remove the bullets from their guns to stop them hoping they won't find more ammunition and simply do it again. 

Message 86 of 266 (278 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

I dont know...I remember it differently though.

I remember 2 core updates back to back. And the 2nd one offered the promise of a permanent fix for the android merger exploit.

If you recall, there were forum members that had actually went back to Godfather II and began taunting the freezers who were now rendered powerless to freeze.

http://pshomesource.com/rambles-and-rants/open-mic/its-official-home-patches-na-freeze-merging-explo...

The freezers were pretty hot about it and swore they would find a work around and within 2 weeks they did. So it turned out they did indeed have the last laugh. And this time they started selling the freeze.

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Merge-Freezing-Still-NOT-Patched/td-p/36244...

It wasn't for at least several weeks afterwards that LOOT posted here that they were able to replicate the exploit and had found a patch. *I'm looking for that link in these forums..I just hope it wasnt lost during the lithium migration along with a few other threads I have yet to relocate.

Considering the Android costume was made by LOOT it should had been their responsibility the entire time to either pull the costume or fix it.

Just like right now the pressure should be applied to VEEMEE for the Lobstermania costume as well...but for the most part..we need stricter, harsher penalties for people who seek to wreck the Home experience for others. And Sony needs to man up and address this with a public statement instead of always adherring to the ...."pay us or pay us no attention" approach.

Message 87 of 266 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Is This Sony's Answer to Freezing?

Apr 18, 2013

Before the Open Beta even started I started saying that part of the problem was going to be that Home is still in the beta.  I think now the members of Home are starting to get it in Home.  The users of Home are "ALL" beta testers Sony looks at us as the people who are going to test just about everthing that goes into Home.  This is not all good because we are the Open Beta Testers Sony does not test almost anything on the scale needed.  This is why we get so many bugs in Home.

So are the people who go out and look for bad exploits really that bad?  All they are doing is what Sony asked of them and that is to test out Home.  ISE is an exploit that someone found Sony needs to know about these exploits in order to fix them.  The people who found out about the exploit where very open and let everyone know just how it's done. 

But the problem with ISE is connected to mini games with out the mini games therere would be no ISE.  ISE could go away if Sony did away with these mini games but they pick not to do that.  Home was never designed to play these mini games.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 88 of 266 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
871 posts

Re: Is This Sony's Answer to Freezing?

Apr 18, 2013

If SCEA management actually cared I think they would have done something along time ago. This isnt something new that's just started. Its been going on for years and they're either unwilling or unable to do anything about it. Based on what Ive seen over the years and current attitudes towards the user base in general, Im leaning towards unwilling until otherwise proven wrong. Theyve gotten tons of reports and info on it. Its not a ghost sighting. It's not a ufo sighting. Its real and mostly everyone on home has experienced it time and time again.  It would be nice if someone higher up in the Sony corporate food chain knew what was going on here to see if they actually cared. Other online communites seem to be able to enforce their rules. Sony's laissez-faire attitude towards moderating this and other behaviors is really quite sad. You would think they would make it a policy to stand up and enforce things after the hacking outage a few years back, but nope. Same old, same old.

Message 89 of 266 (218 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Can u guys please patch the server freezes

Apr 18, 2013

i mean yall gotta do something bout the fam Frostys Army they freeze all the servers im tired of it cant even have fun when they get on the servers me an my frinds feel like popcicles we get frozen so much by them

Message 90 of 266 (221 Views)
0 Likes