Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
139 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

I know right Nitrate! I concur!

Message 61 of 266 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/31/2013
Offline
404 posts
 

Re: Is This Sony's Answer to Freezing?

Apr 18, 2013

What does "creeper" mean?  I have seen that term used derisively in HOME before, but never understood what it meant.  Are "creepers" engaging in the same kind of potentially system damaging activities as "freezers"? What types of behaviors would warrant the application of such a label to a user? Any input or commentary from any respondent in this thread is appreciated.

Message 62 of 266 (203 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28233 posts
 

Re: Freezers

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

kymberlyte wrote:

Honestly Im just fed up!


I understand how you feel.

 

I've entered space where almost everyone decided to attack me with insults and threats. I submitted a few reports and continued with what I had been doing, without making a comment. After I finished (between 20 to 40 minutes) the game or task I was doing, I simply left.

 

And even with all of that hate, I still have never put anyone on Block or Ignore. I never have and I never will.

 

But do what you have to do. But don't let bad people control or affect your Home experience. You're better and smarter than they are.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 63 of 266 (211 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 04/12/2012
Offline
681 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

The sad thing about Sony not even adressing the freezer issue, and even deleting threads discussing it is that it took me less than 5 minutes searching on Google to find information on how they are doing it, and in many cases who is doing it.

 

If Sony doesn't care, what else is there left to do?


I must be searching with the wrong words because I can never find these websites.

Message 64 of 266 (189 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28233 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

DMCoutatime wrote:
I must be searching with the wrong words because I can never find these websites.

Send a PM to the people who know about it. I'm sure they will be happy to share with you.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 65 of 266 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Online
5453 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

kymberlyte wrote:

Honestly Im just fed up!


I understand how you feel.

 

I've entered space where almost everyone decided to attack me with insults and threats. I submitted a few reports and continued with what I had been doing, without making a comment. After I finished (between 20 to 40 minutes) the game or task I was doing, I simply left.

 

And even with all of that hate, I still have never put anyone on Block or Ignore. I never have and I never will.

 

But do what you have to do. But don't let bad people control or affect your Home experience. You're better and smarter than they are.


 

 

You know, I don't always agree with you Conrad but I respect this statement because it is very true. Take it on the chin and get on with it, probably something I should probably take note of lol.

 

On the freezing note, again I agree with Conrad. Don't let them affect your Home experience (I know that can be harder said than done with freezing) but, if you enter a space and you see someone there who is known for freezing then just go somewhere else and avoid the "hot spots". We all know where those spaces are.

 

It's a small compromise in my opinion, and we all know that at some point sooner or later that something will be done about the freezing and the offenders. Rumour has it, that's already started happening Smiley Wink

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 66 of 266 (180 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 04/12/2012
Offline
681 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

DMCoutatime wrote:
I must be searching with the wrong words because I can never find these websites.

Send a PM to the people who know about it. I'm sure they will be happy to share with you.


I don't hang with freezers.

Message 67 of 266 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
3270 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

kymberlyte wrote:

Honestly Im just fed up!


I understand how you feel.

 

I've entered space where almost everyone decided to attack me with insults and threats. I submitted a few reports and continued with what I had been doing, without making a comment. After I finished (between 20 to 40 minutes) the game or task I was doing, I simply left.

 

And even with all of that hate, I still have never put anyone on Block or Ignore. I never have and I never will.

 

But do what you have to do. But don't let bad people control or affect your Home experience. You're better and smarter than they are.


 

 

You know, I don't always agree with you Conrad but I respect this statement because it is very true. Take it on the chin and get on with it, probably something I should probably take note of lol.

 

On the freezing note, again I agree with Conrad. Don't let them affect your Home experience (I know that can be harder said than done with freezing) but, if you enter a space and you see someone there who is known for freezing then just go somewhere else and avoid the "hot spots". We all know where those spaces are.

 

It's a small compromise in my opinion, and we all know that at some point sooner or later that something will be done about the freezing and the offenders. Rumour has it, that's already started happening Smiley Wink


Once again the advice telling the victims should adjust to the offenders. I just cant understand it. Why should we stop going to the places we like and they should roam freely? Would you accept the same things in the physical world? You're tired of beign robbed/harressed? Go somewhere else because there is no plan to try to stop them...  Sounds right?

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.


6EQUJ5 Do you copy?


co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 68 of 266 (172 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/30/2012
Online
5453 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

kymberlyte wrote:

Honestly Im just fed up!


I understand how you feel.

 

I've entered space where almost everyone decided to attack me with insults and threats. I submitted a few reports and continued with what I had been doing, without making a comment. After I finished (between 20 to 40 minutes) the game or task I was doing, I simply left.

 

And even with all of that hate, I still have never put anyone on Block or Ignore. I never have and I never will.

 

But do what you have to do. But don't let bad people control or affect your Home experience. You're better and smarter than they are.


 

 

You know, I don't always agree with you Conrad but I respect this statement because it is very true. Take it on the chin and get on with it, probably something I should probably take note of lol.

 

On the freezing note, again I agree with Conrad. Don't let them affect your Home experience (I know that can be harder said than done with freezing) but, if you enter a space and you see someone there who is known for freezing then just go somewhere else and avoid the "hot spots". We all know where those spaces are.

 

It's a small compromise in my opinion, and we all know that at some point sooner or later that something will be done about the freezing and the offenders. Rumour has it, that's already started happening Smiley Wink


Once again the advice telling the victims should adjust to the offenders. I just cant understand it. Why should we stop going to the places we like and they should roam freely? Would you accept the same things in the physical world? You're tired of beign robbed/harressed? Go somewhere else because there is no plan to try to stop them...  Sounds right?


 

 

Yeah I see your point, but please do tell me. What other option do we actually have at the moment? Given that there is no patch for this.... yet.. We have to do what it takes to make our 'virtual lives' that little bit easier. And if that means avoiding the spaces where they congregate then so be it. Again, it's a small compromise. Home is a big place, there's lots to see.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 69 of 266 (257 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28233 posts
 

Re: Freezers

Apr 18, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

Once again the advice telling the victims should adjust to the offenders. I just cant understand it. Why should we stop going to the places we like and they should roam freely?


The big baddies have never stopped me from visiting any space, including the ones where they are known to hang out. Much like Hannibal Lecter walking through a herd of wild and starving boars without fear or harm. I will not be stopped.

 

This is my Home. This is your Home. This is our Home. And this is definitely not their Home.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 70 of 266 (239 Views)