Survivor
1453 posts

Re: Is This Sony's Answer to Freezing?

Apr 17, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I think it's also important that those who are against freezing make a statement by not spending time with and befriending those who actually do it. That too sends a wrong message which isn't a good one when becoming social with the abusers is found to be just fine and dandy. 

Collective guilt, or guilt by association, is the controversial collectivist idea that a group of humans can bear guilt above and beyond the guilt of particular members,  an individual holds responsibility for what other members of his group have done, even if he himself has not done this. If I hang around friends who support shoplifting then others are going to think I support or that I am a shoplifter even if I do not.

"A man is known by the company he keeps and how well he keeps it." Basically, people know what kind of person you are by the friends that you have and how good of friends you are with those people. Assuming that people who are alike will hang out together.  This is common. It also can ruin ones reputation by hanging with those who do wrong.

This is certainly true.

My mother is pretty smart and she would always tell me as I grew up to "look at the friends someone keeps and that it will speak volumes about the person themselves". Yes one needs to take a stand about an issue like this and being friends with the offending parties is simply being part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Agreed Jo.  Makes you wonder how some contributing forum members know so much about the act of freezing and the motives behind it.  And btw, it's nice to have you on my Friends List. Smiley Happy   Dean

Posted Image
Message 31 of 266 (273 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Re: Freezers

Apr 17, 2013

I have pictures of him taunting me through pms about it. Come on Sony fry this guy! -.-

Message 32 of 266 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I just would like to know if Sony is going to replace my hdd when this guys frys it? He openly said he's freezing to fry our hdd. I have pics and you guys do nothing!!!!

Message 33 of 266 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3806 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Because Sony doesn't care about you, or anyone else. They just care about what's in your wallet.
Message 34 of 266 (342 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4394 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Maybe Sony needs a Wake-Up call.imagesCABXA8EV.jpg

As far as I can tell, Home usage has been dropping significantly for over a year now, so I don't think they would even notice or care about a boycott.  It is pretty clear, and proven over the years, that Sony does what Sony wants to do, regardless of the outcome.  They show very little concern what their customers want or care about.  It also explains why they have lost billions over the last several years and seen their stock price plummet, while many of their competitors have only gotten bigger.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 35 of 266 (353 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I quote " it's not about people it's about hdd frys".  I'm so angry that he is so protected. I can't post pictures i can't name anyone's name. But yet he can freeze us repeatedly at Peakvox Ninja?????? 

Message 36 of 266 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2621 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Lil_The_Pill wrote:

Why is it so hard for Sony to understand that by banning Freezer accounts, and Permanuking their PS3's, it will stop this malarkey.

Banned account. and nuked PS3 users will tell their friends. People will come to understand there are consequences for their actions.

Sooner, or later, they will get tired of losing accounts, and/or having to buy new PS3's.

Sony : Why do you give preferential treatment to a few bad users, and totally ignore the many good users?

Why can you not listen to the many good users, who are demanding that you ban / nuke the Freezers ?

Considering a few of these users have in the past disrupted Julies Meet and greet and HCV forum parties and shoved it in forum users faces while laughing with frieds about it? I have no idea why moderation does not set policy and support those who pay the bills to a higher degree.

These abusers of the rules have it written all over Home and their virtual faces.

BOKBOK.png

Couldn't agree more. Instead Sony send exactly the opposite message. You can mess with our products and customer and you wont have to face any consequences... Reminds me of another problem... Smiley Wink 

If I was that kind of strange person I would rush to the store and get a PS3 if I didn't had one. Let's game with that other company and mess up with this stuff...

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 37 of 266 (344 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3806 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

It's about people AND their HDDs.
The way I see it is this: Some jerk freezes someone enough to screw up their HDD.
Then, they'd have to either get a new HDD or just get a whole new system altogether.
More money in Sony's pocket.

As much as it sucks, Sony won't do a thing about it.
Why do we have these forums? To communicate, right? Well if our voice isn't being heard, then what's the point of the forums?

For now, just stay away from freezer hotspots, if you can.

Message 38 of 266 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Nice post ALEXELWAY. Some of the people here that have been around for a while will remember that the lead moderator for Home at the time posted a 'Zero Tolerance Policy' for freezers over 3 years ago.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/A-Statement-from-Moderation-Regarding-Freezi...

I think that the moderators would love to be enforcing the terms of service in regards to freezers, but that they have been instructed not to by someone in SCEA management.

In regards to the post in this thread that Sony isn't responsible for stopping freezing, that is just ridiculous. Sony is the owner of the platform and therefore they are responsible for enforcing terms of service, even if that means cracking down on developers to patch clothing that would allow exploits.

Trolls will troll, creepers will creep and freezers will freeze. It's up to Sony as the owner of the platform to enforce their own terms of service.

SCEA Management needs to allow Home moderation to do their jobs since it's obvious that they know who the freezers are.

Message 39 of 266 (336 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Apr 17, 2013

003hacker.jpg

Message 40 of 266 (318 Views)