VP of Gaming
28573 posts

Re: Is Sony gunna stop freezing.

Jul 14, 2012

Sophronia wrote:

You could also send a [private] message to HomeForumMods with any details on who may be doing this if you didn't get a chance to report them on Home. They will look into that.

Include the date, time, time zone and all details that led to the incident.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 15 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

Freezing has been around longer, than just a year I'm afraid.

Does anyone remember the big scare of pm freezing, around the time Konami penthouse came out?

Users had a way to freeze others, without using merges and things. It was all based on a text sequence, and it was some pretty nasty stuff.

Nasty as in, they didn't have the be in the same server as you to do it. All they need was your id, and bam you could be froze.

The freezes people are experiencing now are merge freezes, and to those people who don't realize...the coding is already in the content, so all users are doing is exploiting it with a program and they combine two or more items that have codes that don't belong together.

When this happens, you get a ghost avi which basically means Sony Home can't recognize the avi so it'll stay that way for quite some time until they change back or leave Home. Plus merges, even if they don't freeze cause a strain on the server and can lead to lagging and things like that.

As for fixing the issue, I would sure hope that Sony developers are working on a way to fix..maybe rewrite the item codes or something? I mean, as much as I enjoy Home. It's killing the NA market, since most of the open houses and even spaces that were once good spaces to hangout at are going to waste because people can't stay at them due to freezers.

Message 12 of 15 (148 Views)
Wastelander
571 posts

Jul 14, 2012

u are so right mind,  but its just sad2 see this happening  we all no  sony obviously has the technologhy to fix this immed,  i never freeze in any other regions, n it really seems if ppl keep buying    then  no1 cares,  we just lost around20 spaces  n  several of the 1s we do have  ppl dnt dare2 go like godfather, starwars n  the shiboto place   etc.  as much as i respect the hcv program   maybe  promote sum of them  to visible moderators n  give fair  warning    0 tolerence,  if broken  ps3 gets online disabled.  just fix the issue,  its never been this bad

Message 13 of 15 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 14, 2012

esco887 wrote:

u are so right mind,  but its just sad2 see this happening  we all no  sony obviously has the technologhy to fix this immed,  i never freeze in any other regions, n it really seems if ppl keep buying    then  no1 cares,  we just lost around20 spaces  n  several of the 1s we do have  ppl dnt dare2 go like godfather, starwars n  the shiboto place   etc.  as much as i respect the hcv program   maybe  promote sum of them  to visible moderators n  give fair  warning    0 tolerence,  if broken  ps3 gets online disabled.  just fix the issue,  its never been this bad

If Sony, or third parties would rewrite or do better care with the coding of the items then people would not be able to make merges. It would be an action, a user could not perform. The sad thing is, there's freezers on the EU server just like NA. I believe EU tries to mimic freezers, and glitching when it comes to that type of stuff. Since NA is known for it's user glitching, other servers like to mimic..minus Japan, since glitching over there isn't seen as tabboo or anything. 

The spaces we lost, have nothing to do with the freezers. It was a judgement call of the the third parties, or Sony that made the choice to remove them.

Europe Home is getting the same removal soon, I'm assuming Japan and Asia Home are next. 

What makes things worse, is that the freezers have fount their way to the forums and they ready our threads and post and they try to figure us out.

That's how a lot of the events the forumers host, get ruined.

Is because freezers keep tabs of users, on here.

Message 14 of 15 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
1180 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Hey all, as others have said previously, please use this thread to discuss the merging/freezing issue.

Thanks!

MV

PlayStation Moderation and Support
Message 15 of 15 (112 Views)