Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

Apr 5, 2013
It doesnt change your face it only makes you wear a hat. Then you go to wardrobe> head items> none to display your Home HAIR. I really dont see what anyones issue is. Take some time to familiarize what you can and cant do in Potterworld. Its all good. Youre a wizard now Smiley Very Happy
Support Forums
Message 10 of 97 (364 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2008
Offline
1668 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

Apr 5, 2013
Ya I think the want to keep the Theme Harry Potter, which I don't have a problem with really, all in all a very nice addition to home.

Nice we got DR. Who and now Harry Potter, 2 nice updates guys, keep up the good work Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 97 (278 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28573 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

What people are forgetting is that Hary Potter has a theme and that maybe Ms. J.K. Rowling wants to keep it that way - along with limiting the chat in order to protect the little ones. But some folks refuse to understand that, or are unable to, and would rather have things their way.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 12 of 97 (237 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
6037 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

It behooves me to see how these so called flaw's expressed lately about the Harry Potter Space are turning into some major topic. The franchise wants to control it's product that simple. No crime in that. It's their product to control. Leaving the space solves any so called issues. I think folks need to get over themselves. It's not always about ME! ME! ME! or YOU! YOU! YOU!  Just enjoy the space while it last. I'm sure anyone visiting the space has already seen some of the knuckle heads circumventing the restrictions. It's just a matter of time before the Harry Potter Space is turned into just another freak show hang out.Woman Sad

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 13 of 97 (218 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

Apr 5, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

It behooves me to see how these so called flaw's expressed lately about the Harry Potter Space are turning into some major topic. The franchise wants to control it's product that simple. No crime in that. It's their product to control. Leaving the space solves any so called issues. I think folks need to get over themselves. It's not always about ME! ME! ME! or YOU! YOU! YOU!  Just enjoy the space while it last. I'm sure anyone visiting the space has already seen some of the knuckle heads circumventing the restrictions. It's just a matter of time before the Harry Potter Space is turned into just another freak show hang out.Woman Sad


I think the space is awesome and yeah keeping it Harry Potter themed is just what the francise intended to do. I simply wish that when I left the space I got my regular outfit back without having to change back but hopefully this space and the world it represents will grow in Home. It's certainly very popular.

 

I had a couple friends over yesterday and they were amazed to see it in Home and said wow they need to go check it out. Next thing I knew they were over at Pottermore.com relieving some time they had spent there. They actually helped me with some of the story at the site. They were also surprised to see Dr. Who. 

 

This may very well bring a slew of new people to our service and one can hope that the developers will continue to support it. 

Message 14 of 97 (189 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Is Pottermore the beginning of Home Segregation?

Apr 5, 2013

Because it's a themed space and that seems to fit the concept of Pottermore perfectly. Frankly I think it's a great idea. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 97 (653 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
6037 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

Apr 5, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

It behooves me to see how these so called flaw's expressed lately about the Harry Potter Space are turning into some major topic. The franchise wants to control it's product that simple. No crime in that. It's their product to control. Leaving the space solves any so called issues. I think folks need to get over themselves. It's not always about ME! ME! ME! or YOU! YOU! YOU!  Just enjoy the space while it last. I'm sure anyone visiting the space has already seen some of the knuckle heads circumventing the restrictions. It's just a matter of time before the Harry Potter Space is turned into just another freak show hang out.Woman Sad


I think the space is awesome and yeah keeping it Harry Potter themed is just what the francise intended to do. I simply wish that when I left the space I got my regular outfit back without having to change back but hopefully this space and the world it represents will grow in Home. It's certainly very popular.

 

I had a couple friends over yesterday and they were amazed to see it in Home and said wow they need to go check it out. Next thing I knew they were over at Pottermore.com relieving some time they had spent there. They actually helped me with some of the story at the site. They were also surprised to see Dr. Who. 

 

This may very well bring a slew of new people to our service and one can hope that the developers will continue to support it. 


I think the space is awesome as well and I'm not even a Harry Potter fan. I just think folks are way over thinking the restriction thing  that's all. Is it really such a big inconvenience? In general a lot of things in life are inconvenient but we adapt. Saving my current outfit before going to the space is one way I adapted. Well I'll get off my soap box for now and end on a positive note. Harry Potter is a great space and I enjoyed it. I hope in the future other developers bring similar spaces to home.Woman Happy 

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 17 of 97 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Pottermore is Great! except....

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

I just load a saved outfit as well. It's not that big a deal. I haven't tried going to space with one of the Pottermore outfits on so I don't know if it reverts back to the one you get by default. I do prefer the ones where you have hair even default hair as opposed to the head item. 

 

Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 97 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
1979 posts
 

Re: Is Pottermore the beginning of Home Segregation?

Apr 5, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Because it's a themed space and that seems to fit the concept of Pottermore perfectly. Frankly I think it's a great idea. Smiley Happy


Oh don't get me wrong ... please.  I think its a fantastic idea, and I will be there pink hair and all.  I just feel out of the loop because I don't live the Potter life like most Potter fans.  I believe that Potter fans are one of the best types of fans nowadays.  KISSES

Message 19 of 97 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
6037 posts
 

Re: Is Pottermore the beginning of Home Segregation?

Apr 5, 2013

I'm not a Harry Potter fan and I felt very comfortable there in the space. It's a very nice space.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 20 of 97 (637 Views)