Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Re: Is HOME going to b availible on ps4?\

Jun 14, 2013
Lol people are worried about it guys dont get upset because they made another thread about it. Most dont get on here to read before they ask a question. They just come here to ask a question.. You could always just not click on it. Or get one of the mods to combine them all into a one billion page thread.
Message 11 of 84 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jun 14, 2013

If there was an answer, there wouldn't be a question.    Smiley Frustrated 

Message 12 of 84 (275 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Home could be on the PS4, but not when it first comes out.

I believe that Home will be on the PS4, but in a later year.  

Remember Home wasn't avaliable until 2008 where as the PS3 was released in 2006.

I also believe the devs behind Home have to re-program the whole thing so it fits with the PS4 and isn't out dated.  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 13 of 84 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jun 14, 2013

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 14 of 84 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Is HOME going to b availible on ps4?

Jun 14, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:
Compared to what they had to discuss, of course it's not a big deal.

If they had just stood there, and discussed the features of the PS4 for 10 minutes..but the fact they were moving PlayStation Home to the PS4, then talked about it for an hour.

That wouldn't sell a console, anyone who isn't aware of that now, should be. 

I know people are curious if Home will be on the PS4, if it is, that'll be great news. If it's not, it shouldn't be something to stop people from purchasing the console.

Because you can take the Home away from the Sony network, but it doesn't mean you lose your social relationships from it.

"but the fact they were moving PlayStation Home to the PS4, then talked about it for an hour.  That wouldn't sell a console"

Correct me if I'm wrong but you make it sound like Sony didn't talk about anything old on the PS3.  But that would be wrong.  Sony spent a long time talking about old programs on the PS3 that will also be on the PS4.  Example?  How about:  Music Unlimited or Crackle.  Both old to PSN but Sony things they are a big deal and talked about them at E3.  But Home?  Nothing.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 15 of 84 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Music unlimited is a subscription service on many platforms. Why wouldn't they promote it during a media segment?

And Beyond, Rain, GT6, Last of Us are not "old". They're brand new, one is a new IP which will probably carry over to PS4, and are 10/10 games. Last of Us has 28+ 10/10's and counting.

Home on the other hand is old. It's been in public testing since 2007.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 16 of 84 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 14, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:
Compared to what they had to discuss, of course it's not a big deal.

If they had just stood there, and discussed the features of the PS4 for 10 minutes..but the fact they were moving PlayStation Home to the PS4, then talked about it for an hour.

That wouldn't sell a console, anyone who isn't aware of that now, should be. 

I know people are curious if Home will be on the PS4, if it is, that'll be great news. If it's not, it shouldn't be something to stop people from purchasing the console.

Because you can take the Home away from the Sony network, but it doesn't mean you lose your social relationships from it.

"but the fact they were moving PlayStation Home to the PS4, then talked about it for an hour.  That wouldn't sell a console"

Correct me if I'm wrong but you make it sound like Sony didn't talk about anything old on the PS3.  But that would be wrong.  Sony spent a long time talking about old programs on the PS3 that will also be on the PS4.  Example?  How about:  Music Unlimited or Crackle.  Both old to PSN but Sony things they are a big deal and talked about them at E3.  But Home?  Nothing.

Do you think talking about Playstation Home, would've helped Sony after the conference? In a sense, do you think Sony would've got as many preorders, as they have now?

I personally don't think so. When you're trying to sell a console, talking about things that gamers are most likely to spend cash on, Home doesn't really hold a flame to any of the features on the PS4.

It's pretty obvious why Home wasn't talked about, you don't need to be a business person to know that.

Home may be important to some of us, but Home can't sell a game console.

When a gamer is looking to purchase a console, they want to know about all the gaming features/etc. Not about a 3d social network.

Message 17 of 84 (231 Views)
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Do you think talking about Playstation Home, would've helped Sony after the conference? In a sense, do you think Sony would've got as many preorders, as they have now?

I personally don't think so. When you're trying to sell a console, talking about things that gamers are most likely to spend cash on, Home doesn't really hold a flame to any of the features on the PS4.

It's pretty obvious why Home wasn't talked about, you don't need to be a business person to know that.

Home may be important to some of us, but Home can't sell a game console.

When a gamer is looking to purchase a console, they want to know about all the gaming features/etc. Not about a 3d social network.

I agree, it gets flamed a lot online by gamers because it's not really a game (I see it as a virtual world first and minigame platform second). PS4 is appealing to the serious gamers first so Home would have been more of a detriment among the heavy hitting games. If they do discuss it, I'm sure it will be after all the dust settles, maybe about it's future support on the PS3 (or long-term PS4 port / replacement, we would all hope)

At this point, I'd be surprised if it was ported to the PS4 due to the incompatible hardware, but I expect it to live on for a long time on the PS3, or as long as people keep throwing money at it. Even now it seems like a skeleton crew working on customer service and 1st party Home development, so I can't see how it's draining their resources enough to shut it down any time soon.

Message 18 of 84 (216 Views)
I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Message 19 of 84 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Ask yourself what Home was supposed to do/be in the beginning and you get:
-Hub for gamers.
-Social platform to bring them together.
-Launch into games with your friends through Home.
-Engage in minigames.
-Browse a 3D collection of your friends' trophies.
-Dedicated servers and team to do this.

Now check out PS4's social features:
-You can launch into any one of your friend's game, sometimes to the exact moments they're playing to assist them.
-You can even spectate.
-All the benefits of a rich social network (following without friending, facebook type elements, tagging and the like).
-Easy, efficient, instant.
-A revamp to trophies, though nothing concrete yet.
-All of this achieved without the need for middleware (a virtual world).
-Minimal additional strain to an already overcrowded network.
-Autonomous, minimal staff needed once refined.

So where does Home fit into this grand scheme?

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 20 of 84 (194 Views)