Splicer
49 posts

Re: Irem Festival Square Prizes?

Jan 17, 2011

What? There's no females who don't buy the occasional robot toy? LOL

I mostly collect PVC statues and some other cool import stuff (like Konami's Busoushinki). The Bandai Chogokin VF-25 was the only one I bought.

I've seen the original Gunbuster (on VHS) way back in '92 or '94 along with Guyver, Bubblegum Crisis, Dangaio, and Macross 2. Great OVAs back then. Gunbuster seemed more like a space drama than an action robot series though.

Anyway, not to go off topic. Back to talk about Playstation Home.

Art_of_Ronin wrote:

TiffanyLockheart wrote:

I got all the subtitled episodes of Macross Frontier downloaded as well but I only watched a couple of them. I'm really starting to get tired of the type of personalities in all of anime. Just way too over dramatic for such a simple issue, LOL.

I haven't bothered with the movies yet, probably won't. But I did finally get one of Bandai's 1/60 Chogokin VF-25, Alto's VF-25. Very cool toy, but damn expensive.

Thanks for the info F1REFLY_SEREN1TY and Art_of_Ronin.

Ok, question, I take it you are a male anime fan right?  To buy Bandai toy is more like a guy thing, unless if you are a girl, then damn, I am out match by you.  I do collect tons of Soul of Chogokin toys, but its soooooo rare to come across a female collector.  That is very cool you bought the Chogokin VF-25 & Alto's VF-25 and I was debating on whether I should buy it or not.  I have pretty much all the Yamato Macross Valkyrie, except they are 2% diecast and 98% high quality PVC plastic..LOL.

As well since you are into giant mech, have you check out Diebuster or the original Gunbuster series?

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
Message 9450 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jan 17, 2011

I'm not a huge robot anime fan that buys statues of the ship models, even though I like the Macross and Gundam series, because it costs too much money to buy them. Usually I just spot cosplayers from either series and take their pictures or buy anything related that's a great series in my book and collect those - like Black Lagoon, Black Butler, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Liar Game, etc.

However, I would consider buying one or two from Macross Frontier, seeing how this series was really good.

Message 9451 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 18, 2011

TiffanyLockheart wrote:

I got all the subtitled episodes of Macross Frontier downloaded as well but I only watched a couple of them. I'm really starting to get tired of the type of personalities in all of anime. Just way too over dramatic for such a simple issue, LOL.

I haven't bothered with the movies yet, probably won't. But I did finally get one of Bandai's 1/60 Chogokin VF-25, Alto's VF-25. Very cool toy, but damn expensive.

Thanks for the info F1REFLY_SEREN1TY and Art_of_Ronin.

Art_of_Ronin wrote:

I personally like original Macross, Macross Plus and still try to adapt to the new Macross Frontier series which I own and downloaded a while back.  As well downloaded the Macross Frontier The Movie: The False Songstress and still have to check that out .  I think the whole reason having MF anime in HOME is probably the celebration of the final movie Macross Frontier The Movie: The Wings of Goodbye ( release date is confirmed to be on February 26, 2011).

"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb

If you like Macross, you will really love this Macross F. But it will take awhile to get into it. Sadly, probably not in just 5 episodes. I had difficulties getting into it. But once I did, WOW! This series is very faithful to the spirit of Macross. It's like reliving the original Macross with modern high tech animation. It does have very good story. And the characters grow on ya.

The movie may be easier to get into. It's a retelling of the first half of Frontier,( though they did do some changes in plot.) But the editing on the story is much better. It's good for any movie, anime or live action. =]

Message 9452 of 9,673 (11 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Message 9453 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 18, 2011

If anyone would be willing to help jac and I in JP with 7's rewards it would be greatly appreciated. She needs the original items and the card companion. We are there now and will be for a couple of hours, but we need a couple of more players. Thx for any help.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 9454 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I need the card companion too. I'm usually home late during the week – after 8:30/9:00 PM EST Monday - Thursday.

Joanna

Message 9455 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Jan 18, 2011

You doing that now or later. Let me know...

HOPPER_34 wrote:

If anyone would be willing to help jac and I in JP with 7's rewards it would be greatly appreciated. She needs the original items and the card companion. We are there now and will be for a couple of hours, but we need a couple of more players. Thx for any help.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 9456 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 18, 2011

ok Jo--I think jac will be off by then, but I can help you too whenever you want to do it....maybe at Karen's?

yes strider, we have been there chatting for an hour or so seeing if anyone else might jump online, but it has been quiet there tonight. I'm not sure how much longer jac will be staying online now.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 9457 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I can help out shortly if anyone is still around.

castle3
Message 9458 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 19, 2011

I popped in to see if you needed help Hopper, but looks like you already got it.

Message 9459 of 9,673 (11 Views)
0 Likes