Aug 04 2013
By: Shadow-Runner Survivor 2039 posts

Interesting Questions

[ Edited ]
5 replies 252 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

Does anyone know how much bandwidth Home uses to operate? 

Whats the minimum upload and download speed for running Home?

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 1 of 6 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: Interesting Questions

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Does anyone know how much bandwidth Home uses to operate? 

Whats the minimum upload and download speed for running Home?

Interesting questions (as the title implies outright states) but I have no idea what the answers might be. I imagine the bandwidth requirements would be different (as the memory allocations are different) depending on what type of space you're talking about (public, private, clubhouse) other than that half-thought-out idea, I got nothing. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3272 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I have no idea, but sometimes it sure does seem like they limit the throughput.  I can often download a small game from the PSN store in less time that it takes to download a new space in Home.

Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Aug 4, 2013
I think Home uses at least 1 mbps up/down to connect.

Bandwidth would be about 10GB.
Message 4 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 4, 2013

"Not Enough" >.> That covers any base imo. It's odd how fast it can be at some times, yet can regularly clog up like it's dial-up. Smiley Frustrated

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 5 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
468 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Here is something to think about, run a speed test on your computer and find out what speeds you have, then run the speed test through the test connection on the ps3, and watch the speed difference you get. I don't believe that everything is PSHome, even though why would you create a game that needs to over use you equipment, but the network card in the PS3 might not be able to keep up with the bandwidth needed for the PS Home to run not only faster, but better. Now, most of us know that they reason they moved our info onto their server was for security reasons, but that bogged down the servers even more. So until they find a way to zip the info through the servers to the PS3, or Home makes it to the PS4, we are stuck with not only these problems, but other problems with disconnect chats, Home, games, and etc. issues that most of us Home users that have been around since the beginning, are still asking to be fixed, but have tried to look a pass these issues as well.

Message 6 of 6 (98 Views)