Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

Hm, I passed up on buying the private yacht when it came out since I didn't feel it was quite as nice as the Lockwood Dream Yacht I already had. :9 But now hearing that the secret room is actually behind the waterfall, I'm a bit intrigued. :X lol. 

Message 21 of 40 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/18/2011
Offline
2760 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

If you purchased the 1st 3 Mansion parts, the final part is $4.99. For those who did release week purchases, the 4 free bundles are a nice perk. Each space comes with furniture items and gift machine rewards. Added to that are the metal detector items plus 4 rewards found in the metal detector game, topped off with the hidden space. Overall, this is much better than the original mansion.

Posted Image

 
Message 22 of 40 (330 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013
^ agreed. I picked up all four pieces on release week and have a ton of furniture and clothing that came with it all. I enjoy my mansion and yacht. Quite the nice purchase actually despite some flaws in the programming.
Support Forums
Message 23 of 40 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/31/2013
Offline
307 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

There are 4 pieces to collect.#1 first floor.( metal detector ) #2 second floor . ( headhphones ) yacht #3 (map) pool #4 shorts.. i hope i got the order right.. then put up ur map.. go metal detecting lol.. gather everything you find ..( it tells you ) go back ..swim to the waterfall its behind it ..it opens.i'm new so the order may be off .. but i did it.

Message 24 of 40 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
2932 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

If you purchased the 1st 3 Mansion parts, the final part is $4.99. For those who did release week purchases, the 4 free bundles are a nice perk. Each space comes with furniture items and gift machine rewards. Added to that are the metal detector items plus 4 rewards found in the metal detector game, topped off with the hidden space. Overall, this is much better than the original mansion.


That's a matter of opinion, of course. While I hated the blinged-out gangta style gold mansion, I find this "new" diamond mansion to be of very poor quality -- as I've said before, it looks like an unfinished product shoved into the store too early. So what if it offers a bunch of free stuff that looks junky, too? It's worse by comparison, imo.

 

In my opinion also, anyone who buys it has wasted their money and should have waited for something better.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 25 of 40 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013
I don't feel I have wasted anything actually I am quite satisfied. I will give you that parts seem unfinished though. For example in the pool area there is clearly a table with what should be a sink. It even has the invisible walls around where should be a faucet but no detail was done. It looks like an unfinished version of the other tables around the house like the kitchen table on the first floor.
Support Forums
Message 26 of 40 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
2932 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
I don't feel I have wasted anything actually I am quite satisfied. I will give you that parts seem unfinished though. For example in the pool area there is clearly a table with what should be a sink. It even has the invisible walls around where should be a faucet but no detail was done. It looks like an unfinished version of the other tables around the house like the kitchen table on the first floor.

Have you looked at the water, the lion, the "cat box", the trees, etc.? It's all unfinished. And I find the underwater swimming at the yacht laughable. Btw, where are fish?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 27 of 40 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
I don't feel I have wasted anything actually I am quite satisfied. I will give you that parts seem unfinished though. For example in the pool area there is clearly a table with what should be a sink. It even has the invisible walls around where should be a faucet but no detail was done. It looks like an unfinished version of the other tables around the house like the kitchen table on the first floor.

Have you looked at the water, the lion, the "cat box", the trees, etc.? It's all unfinished. And I find the underwater swimming at the yacht laughable. Btw, where are fish?


Yes, I was rather disapointed by the lack of fish while swimming underwater. It was one of the reasons I decided on saving the $5 on something else. That, and I didn't like it much that guests couldn't see the yacht moving when you drove it. I thought it was rather poor development. 

 

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. My friend will be buying the pool area anyways (which will complete her four parts), so I'll just crash her mansion. xD

Message 28 of 40 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/12/2010
Offline
9504 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013
Ahh but that is perception as well. Technically those are 'finished' just at a lower rate of artistry or quality. There are other spaces out there with some bad graphical qualities but are still not bad spaces. I would chalk that low res look to all the interactivity thats going on over the main three parts (minus the yacht). All that stuff is quite memory intensive. I'm happy they tried. Its not perfect - but they tried to mix some old ideas with some new ideas and the result wasnt too bad.
Support Forums
Message 29 of 40 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: Infinity pool secret

Sep 4, 2013

Well, that is true. I do like that all the parts (for the most part) are interconnected with each other. It makes transition from part to part much smoother unlike how it was with the original mansion. Smiley Very Happy So I like that much.

 

I honestly don't have a problem with how the graphics look. I thought it was fine. Then again, I'm still pretty new to everything here, so I'm not too picky about the looks. And I do like the Diamond Beach Mansion, overall. I think it's wonderful. I just was not so impressed with the yacht. Smiley Sad But in retrospect, I probably should've just yucked it up and buy it on release week for the free bundle. Now I'm even more reluctant to purchase it just for the secret room. Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 40 (288 Views)
0 Likes