Jul 18 2011
By: deadbyfaith Hekseville Citizen 374 posts

In regards to the HCV Program

9 replies 159 views Edited Jul 18, 2011

So, it's apperant that I'd absolutely love to be an HCV. I went to the link posted in the HCV FAQ, upon doing so it said "Your application has been received. It will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are selected for the current round."

I didn't even put anything in, though. I'm going to guess that the App remembered my answers from the last round I tried applying for. However, I'd very much like to change some of my answers.

To GlassWalls: I would like to ask you to talk to MistyLear in referrence to me. If that's not too much to ask.

Message 1 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: In regards to the HCV Program

Jul 18, 2011

I have recieced a few PM's about the App these past few days. The app is still down and to clarify I do not know when it will be back up.

We won't go in to the process of how things work, Sorry.

On a personal note, I believe it's very important that those picked to be future HCV be picked by application alone. This protects anyones reputation if by chance something happens and those who were recommended leave for whatever reason.

Enjoy your night people.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 18, 2011

Hey Jersquall, thanks for your response. Someone in Home had told me that the ap was up. And right after I posted this forum, I was told, "Oh, I'm sorry, it's not up yet." Ha... Just my luck, right?

Ah well. And I understand where you're coming from, Jersquall, when it comes to recommendations. MistyLear knows me pretty well, and no app can really do justice to knowing someone personally. I really do have a serious passion for Home. Just look at this for an example:

http://www.hsmagazine.net/2011/03/a-fascinating-response/

Message 3 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Jul 18, 2011

I honestly don't think reccomendations will help ur chances, there are 2 HCVs that kno me well (u prolly kno who u are) & are close to GW but I have not been fortunate enuff to be selected as an HCV. Really I think its all by chance & maybe u have to be close to the HCMs urself, idk but @ the end of the day I think its either ur chosen or ur not

EDIT: also I just went to that application link after I read this thread & posted & I got the same msg sayin that "Your application has been received. It will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are selected for the current round." lol maybe they are opening up the applications soon-ish? ya nvr kno but keep checkin back there & i'm sure sum1 will make a new thread once the applications are open

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 4 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 18, 2011

I think Gamer would make a nice addition to the HCV team.  He's on here regually and is pretty level-headed, honest, helpful, and fair in his postings.

Message 5 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Jul 18, 2011

KatCall75 wrote:

I think Gamer would make a nice addition to the HCV team.  He's on here regually and is pretty level-headed, honest, helpful, and fair in his postings.

appreciate that KatCall, many thanks but I try to keep my hopes down cuz u nvr kno who will get picked & who won't

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 6 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Jul 18, 2011

Howdy Deadbyfaith (always loved your name reference and sig, by the way )

I've definitely no doubt you're passionate about home. Which also says a lot about your chances of becoming an HCV at some point in time. Just continue to be passionate, and most of all, helpful to others in home, and I'm sure you'll become an HCV when it's possible again.

Till then though . . . just continue being an "off-duty" HCV so to speak

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 7 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Jul 18, 2011

gamer_316 wrote:

Really I think its all by chance & maybe u have to be close to the HCMs urself, idk but @ the end of the day I think its either ur chosen or ur not

gamer_316 Trophy Card

Don't give up hope if you really want to join the HCV's.  Truth is I had never met Mr. GlassWalls before I was selected, and in fact I was quite suprised when I got the message asking if I'd join the team!   Just keep being awesome and friendly!

Message 8 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Jul 18, 2011

A lot of people would like to become a HCV, you're not the only one I assure you Maybe the message there is a small bug in the system? Or maybe they are planning to open up the applications soon? Who knows for sure other than Glass. We'll just have to stay tuned and watch out for any commotion around here. You'll definitely know when the applications are open again.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Jul 19, 2011

deadbyfaith wrote:

So, it's apperant that I'd absolutely love to be an HCV. I went to the link posted in the HCV FAQ, upon doing so it said "Your application has been received. It will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are selected for the current round."

I didn't even put anything in, though. I'm going to guess that the App remembered my answers from the last round I tried applying for. However, I'd very much like to change some of my answers.

To GlassWalls: I would like to ask you to talk to MistyLear in referrence to me. If that's not too much to ask.

I noticed the bug with the application this morning. No, it's still in "off" mode (not accepting applications), so that line of text should not be displaying—it's meant to only show after successfully receiving new answers when in "on" mode (accepting applications).

I submitted a ticket to have that straightened out.

To update everyone, I'm not opening the application this round, as we are good for now. I want to expand the program, but we're good for the moment. When we do open it up again, I will make an official announcement, as usual.

Message 10 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes