Fender Bender
3519 posts

Re: [Important!] Announcement regarding the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter contest

Nov 6, 2009

ArcticTundra wrote:

Some accounts have glitches or players have "special" controllers because R1 is just a trigger - pressing it harder has no effect on the speed that pieces turn or move - and the game doesn't accelerate the pieces as they turn even when R1 is held down. On the other hand, if the speedsters (top 10 leaders) have legitimate times, then everyone else has been handicapped with their games and can't do better than 11-12 secs because their pieces turn and move too slowly (1.5-2 sec each) to solve the puzzle.

I watched the youtube video of a player getting an under 6 sec time and that player's pieces were turning and moving at 3X-4X the speed of my games.

Oh...Well...In that case..Nevermind then..lol...

Message 61 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Nov 6, 2009
I just posted an insane time of 4.14, now that I will never do again, but I think I just cemented my victory. So if the mods believe the people that keep calling us cheaters then so be it. I don't think I should have to post video evidence but I think I must have too.

Message 62 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Nov 6, 2009

xRoBx23 wrote:
I just posted an insane time of 4.14, now that I will never do again, but I think I just cemented my victory. So if the mods believe the people that keep calling us cheaters then so be it. I don't think I should have to post video evidence but I think I must have too.

That's not helping us prove our case! Very good job. I can barely get 4.90. I'm currently recording a video, trying to show that 4 second runs are possible but I keep getting 5.40

Message 63 of 84 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Nov 6, 2009

RandomGuard wrote:

xRoBx23 wrote:

That's not helping us prove our case! Very good job. I can barely get 4.90. I'm currently recording a video, trying to show that 4 second runs are possible but I keep getting 5.40

Yeah when I mess up on the 4sec times you end messing up bad ending with a 7-8sec time, but its officially over I think cause its 3pmEst(12pmPst). So I won!
Message 64 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 6, 2009
That's true, which is why you can imagine my anger when I messed up and STILL got a 4 second time. 4.96! XD
Message 65 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 6, 2009

dabomb4eve wrote:
As an aside, the piece is placed when you let go of X. Therefore, to get the best times, you have to spin, move, and hold X all at the same time.

That technique would minimize the time to set a piece after spinning and moving it into place but the spin speed doesn't change. For whatever reason, your pieces spin much faster than the pieces of many other players.
I did notice that counter-clockwise spins appear faster than clockwise spins for certain pieces. Puzzle programming bug or part of the puzzle design? Who knows.

Message 66 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2009

xRobx23,

Congrats man! that is an impressive time! I'm at work right now but does anyone know what the whole Top Ten list was?

Message 67 of 84 (6 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Nov 6, 2009
Congrats Rob, I was pulling for you the whole time, I never played the contest, I didni't bother wasting my time and energy on it...I hope they award you as the winner and hope to see your name appear in the message of the day.
Message 68 of 84 (6 Views)
Sackboy
531 posts

Nov 6, 2009
Looks like its decision time for Rob. Keep or sell?
Message 69 of 84 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Oh well, I may not have won the prize, but I did manage to accomplish my goal of getting in the 4 second range. I just completed the puzzle at 4.90 seconds, but it seems the leaderboard hasn't updated.

Message 70 of 84 (6 Views)