Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

Re: [Important!] Announcement regarding the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter contest

Nov 6, 2009

nerdlegend wrote:

Sony owe us nothing , terms of a update on this error

Now in not saying we get annoyed yes.....but at the end of the day we do anyway Smiley Tongue

Simple fact that they may not have said anything due to the fact they don't know or they don't have any useful info 

BUT sony having a message saying home has a error can't connection is being looked into please wait on the home log in and ticker would be a good idea!!!

Users who can't get on to home will most likely as we are gamers won't try again , therefore losing sony customers maybe ? yes cos we are gamers and have short mindsets

Thing is we don't know how much of a issue this is do we ?

Sony could have a deadline this pops up a small number are effected, they A delay content for a fix or B work on the content then work on a fix. Due to the fact it not effecting many users

A fix will come it will have to 

In the mean time remember it a beta and things go wrong, so wait for a fix

When u have problems like these (lasting more than 36 days and counting) u increase communication to prevent gamers and users and costumers from getting impatient and giving up. When things like these happen, its the obligation of the community managers or those in charge to try and ease and reassure the loyal costumer and consumer. This way you can try and blunt the fall out. I've heard reports of people returning their ps3s to the store over this. And many people wont try to even come back to Home. And in addition, around half the people with this problem are disputing all their Home purchases (anywhere from $20 to $200 per user) with their banks to get their money back, as a popular thread and many users have suggested in the support thread. Sony will eventually have to hand that money over when the banks of those individuals then go to Sony to collect on those purchases they refunded.

We all know Sony doesn't want to loose money. But fixing this update isn't the only way to prevent users from leaving. While ur fixing it, why not communicate with those who are inconvenienced by this error? If they had eased people's worries, and reassured them it was being fixed and gave us a status of the fixes, they could have eased the hungry lion and they wouldn't be loosing the money they are now. It comes down to Community managers actually engaging wit the community and maintaining good communication on such issues. These problems are not just seen with this error. But no communication is shown about the Resistance hoodie glitch either or any of the others. Little word is given to us about anything.

Message 51 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 6, 2009

xRoBx23 wrote:

Keith_Loving wrote:

xRoBx23,

People are buying these for well over $2,000 on ebay.

Don't believe me?   Here is a link for all of the active ebay auction that have not expired:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=uncharted+edition+hunter&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_odkw=uncharted+edit...

and now here is the link showing all of the auctions that have sold:  TAKE A LOOK AT THESE PRICES!!!!

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?MA2ShowItems&_ipg=50&_sadis=200&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_in_kw=1&_s...

ENjoy your prize!!!

Keith

Yes I know but I'm a sucker for cool looking things and that dagger(actual knife) looks really cool, but if I do win I'll consider it.

Actual knife? I heard it was just made out of resin. Wait or are we saying actual as in 'the knife itself actually exists and this is just a copy of it'?

-Playswithswords
~*Browncoat*~
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Message 52 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Nov 6, 2009

playswithswords wrote:

xRoBx23 wrote:

Keith_Loving wrote:

xRoBx23,

People are buying these for well over $2,000 on ebay.

Don't believe me?   Here is a link for all of the active ebay auction that have not expired:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=uncharted+edition+hunter&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_odkw=uncharted+edit...

and now here is the link showing all of the auctions that have sold:  TAKE A LOOK AT THESE PRICES!!!!

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?MA2ShowItems&_ipg=50&_sadis=200&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_in_kw=1&_s...

ENjoy your prize!!!

Keith

Yes I know but I'm a sucker for cool looking things and that dagger(actual knife) looks really cool, but if I do win I'll consider it.

Actual knife? I heard it was just made out of resin. Wait or are we saying actual as in 'the knife itself actually exists and this is just a copy of it'?

No its a real knife, the people that have won it have to sign a paper saying they accept the prize and won't hurt anybody with the dagger. Why do you think the whole package's estimated retail value is $300, surely it can't be the downloads
Message 53 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Nov 6, 2009
Sending a real knife to people in the mail seems kind of.... Not safe? Well, if things continue the way they are, congratulations Rob. This puzzle game has brought back my Mario Party fingers. My thumb actually has a bruise going up the side.
Message 54 of 84 (7 Views)
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Nov 6, 2009

RandomGuard wrote:
Sending a real knife to people in the mail seems kind of.... Not safe? Well, if things continue the way they are, congratulations Rob. This puzzle game has brought back my Mario Party fingers. My thumb actually has a bruise going up the side.

I can see it in the news right now, Man kills someone with mysterious dagger, then shorlty after Uncharted 2 causes kids to kill people. I too have bruise on my thumb. It has been a lot of fun although tiring.
Message 55 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Some accounts have glitches or players have "special" controllers because R1 is just a trigger - pressing it harder has no effect on the speed that pieces turn or move - and the game doesn't accelerate the pieces as they turn even when R1 is held down. On the other hand, if the speedsters (top 10 leaders) have legitimate times, then everyone else has been handicapped with their games and can't do better than 11-12 secs because their pieces turn and move too slowly (1.5-2 sec each) to solve the puzzle.

I watched the youtube video of a player getting an under 6 sec time and that player's pieces were turning and moving at 3X-4X the speed of my games.

Message 56 of 84 (7 Views)
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Nov 6, 2009

ArcticTundra wrote:

Some accounts have glitches or players have "special" controllers because R1 is just a trigger - pressing it harder has no effect on the speed that pieces turn or move - and the game doesn't accelerate the pieces as they turn even when R1 is held down. On the other hand, if the speedsters (top 10 leaders) have legitimate times, then everyone else has been handicapped with their games and can't do better than 11-12 secs because their pieces turn and move too slowly (1.5-2 sec each) to solve the puzzle.

I watched the youtube video of a player getting an under 6 sec time and that player's pieces were turning and moving at 3X-4X the speed of my games.

Its not just the pressure sensitive R1 thats the challenge you also have to spin the piece perfectly, move while doing that fast enough to press X, place the piece, and press X again to select the next piece and do all over again with each piece perfectly. It was challenging, but I managed to do it. My 1st times were around 10s, then 8s, then 6-7s, 5-6s, and finally got 1st after a long time of playing this game and keeping up with the leaderboards. Anyways I think some us in the top 10 are going to have to go to everybody's house and prove you all wrong because nobody thinks we are legit. There are a lot more people that can get in the 5 second range than the current top 10, just be glad the real cheaters with 1 second times aren't allowed to play.

Message 57 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Nov 6, 2009

xRoBx23 wrote:

ArcticTundra wrote:

Its not just the pressure sensitive R1 thats the challenge you also have to spin the piece perfectly, move while doing that fast enough to press X, place the piece, and press X again to select the next piece and do all over again with each piece perfectly. It was challenging, but I managed to do it. My 1st times were around 10s, then 8s, then 6-7s, 5-6s, and finally got 1st after a long time of playing this game and keeping up with the leaderboards. Anyways I think some us in the top 10 are going to have to go to everybody's house and prove you all wrong because nobody thinks we are legit. There are a lot more people that can get in the 5 second range than the current top 10, just be glad the real cheaters with 1 second times aren't allowed to play.

But my Sony Dual Shock 3 controller doesn't have a pressure sensitive R1 trigger - it's not pressure sensitive; it's just a trigger.
The pieces have to be spun 45 or 90 degrees and moved very little, quarterway, or halfway down the mask. For me, without moving any piece, it takes at least 1.5 sec or 3 secs to spin a piece 45 or 90 degrees. For me, moving a piece halfway down the mask takes 0.5 secs so spinning is the deciding factor.
With seven pieces, the best times when spinning and moving simultaneously seems to be:
#1 - 1.5 sec
#2 - 1.5 sec
#3 - 3 sec
#4 - 1.5 sec
#5 - 1.5 sec
#6 - 1.5 sec 
#7 - 1.5 sec 
Message Edited by ArcticTundra on 11-06-2009 11:24 AM
Message 58 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Nov 6, 2009

ArcticTundra wrote:

xRoBx23 wrote:

ArcticTundra wrote:

But my Sony Dual Shock 3 controller doesn't have a pressure sensitive R1 trigger - it's not pressure sensitive; it's just a trigger.
The pieces have to be spun 45 or 90 degrees and moved very little, quarterway, or halfway down the mask. For me, without moving any piece, it takes at least 1.5 sec or 3 secs to spin a piece 45 or 90 degrees. For me, moving a piece halfway down the mask takes 0.5 secs so spinning is the deciding factor.
With seven pieces, the best times when spinning and moving simultaneously seems to be:
#1 - 1.5 sec
#2 - 1.5 sec
#3 - 3 sec
#4 - 1.5 sec
#5 - 1.5 sec
#6 - 1.5 sec 
#7 - 1.5 sec 
Message Edited by ArcticTundra on 11-06-2009 11:24 AM

So what you are saying is that in order to get under 4.5 seconds, as seems to be the best time, each piece has to be turned, moved, and placed in under 3/4 of a second?  I just don't see how that is possible.

I'm so sure that isn't possible without a glitch that I'll pay big bucks to have someone come to my house and do this in under 4.5 seconds.

Message 59 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Nov 6, 2009
As an aside, the piece is placed when you let go of X. Therefore, to get the best times, you have to spin, move, and hold X all at the same time.
Message 60 of 84 (7 Views)
0 Likes