Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Ignoring option Just a thought.

Sep 1, 2012

phatso64 wrote:

i wonder if the ability to do that would prevent merge freezing ? 

Hadn't thought of it, but yeah it seems like it could given the fact that the person in questions avatar wouldnt be loading for you.

Message 11 of 36 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Ignoring option Just a thought.

Sep 1, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lRlSH-PAT wrote:

Well your personal preference are noted I agree as long as you are happy with your experience. But as far as the mass of drama on home even when a user ignores another all you really have to do is keep hitting the laugh action to continue to cause grief to that user. Just seems like it would benefit some.

We can hide companions from screen. That is doable. I suspect we could also hide avatars in the same way. That would be a wonderful feature long asked for and long overdue. 

Ignoring text and behavior is one things. Being able to hide their trolling is more than desirable. Often I'll tell a user they are being put on ignore and to enjoy talking to themselves. They'll often move on but not always.

It certainly would make spending time in public spaces a lot more enjoyable. 

Yes because is this feature ever did come out, it would kind of prevent people from making stupid videos about it,  and then they go post them on youtube.    I would love this feature.  

Message 12 of 36 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: Ignoring option just a thought.

Sep 1, 2012

Yes this would be a great option to have make them poof and you poof from each others screens as well as the chat.. This would certainly cut down on drama..

And I still don't understand why when you ignore someone that they can still see your chat...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 13 of 36 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Well...if you ignore someone, youre ignoring THAT person and their text. Naturally they can still see what YOU type, unless they ignore you as well. You can always go group or club chat, even PM's if ya dont want them to see what you type, i guess.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 14 of 36 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9473 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

Well i never have a problem i rarely use the ignore feature and when someone is trolling i just simple ignore then however this feature probably has not been implemented because of many factors.And one of then would be the games for example let's just say you are playing in the bowling alley you added someone to the invisible list so you can't see such person and the person can't see you either and both end up in the same game i think it would be weird to be playing with someone you don't see or another game like a first person view shooter both avatar's will be invisible so i don't how they will be able to play.Some people learn their mistake's after being reported so that probably why they haven't add such option.I just stick to ignore but that just me while hiding the avatar's has his advantages it also has his flaws i wouldn't mind if they add it either.

Message 15 of 36 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6437 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

I find it rather odd that you can ignore companions which btw don't harrass you.  Yet any knuckle head with half a brain cell can dry hump your avi at their hearts content.  Maybe i'm just getting old and cranky.Smiley Wink

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 16 of 36 (157 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Sep 2, 2012
If an avatar simply dancing in front of you is causing you so much drama, it's not the troll. It's YOU.
Message 17 of 36 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:
If an avatar simply dancing in front of you is causing you so much drama, it's not the troll. It's YOU.

Disagree!

Message 18 of 36 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

Disagree!

It's fine to disagree. I find it very hard that people can get so annoyed by a troll dancing in front of them to the point that they need to make them disappear. 

Users should have all the tools necessary to prevent a user from harassing them - placing them on Ignore (and Reporting, if the events call for it). This stops any communication that the troll can have with the users. Next, ignore the troll's behavior. They cannot do ANY harm to you. But, this is just me.

If it's not a troll, it's someone or something else users find annoying - an ad, a person dressed in an outrageous outfit, a person they disagree, too many people in a room, etc.. It's a matter of how users react to such minuscle and harmless activity. If something such as this is going to start so much drama, it was merely lighting a hot fuse.

Message 19 of 36 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Grand_Moff wrote:

Disagree!

It's fine to disagree. I find it very hard that people can get so annoyed by a troll dancing in front of them to the point that they need to make them disappear. 

Users should have all the tools necessary to prevent a user from harassing them - placing them on Ignore (and Reporting, if the events call for it). This stops any communication that the troll can have with the users. Next, ignore the troll's behavior. They cannot do ANY harm to you. But, this is just me.

If it's not a troll, it's someone or something else users find annoying - a poster, an ad, a person they disagree, too many people in a room, etc.. It's a matter of how users react to such minuscle and harmless activity. If something such as this is going to start so much drama, it was merely lighting a fuse.

I would a feature like the and make it so they disappear and we aren't theones who have to leave. Trying to have a good time and the user has to put their crap in your face or your friends face.   Some trolls never leave and they can be annoying.

Message 20 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes