Jan 23 2013
By: Nadeah Monster Hunter 30 posts

Ignore option.

9 replies 348 views Edited Jan 23, 2013
Please make the ignored jerks see the same as the person ignoring him. This would save so much precious time.

They would leave as soon as you ignored them.

Nadéah...
Life's a highway
Message 1 of 10 (348 Views)
Survivor
2254 posts

Re: Ignore option.

Jan 23, 2013

Thought it was that way already o.O

... no? Certainly should be if not.

GISignature
Message 2 of 10 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I read a suggestion in a past post asking for the ignore option include having involved avatars disappear from both your and their screen. That would beyond awesome although probably not possible. lol!
Message 3 of 10 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

This thread will probably go off the rails in 3... 2... 1...

Channelling Conrad. Doesn't this belong in a suggestions area/thread? Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10 (283 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I for one have posted many times when you ignore someone their avi should poof from your screen it annoying your see them on ingore but they are still able to be seen close on your avi.  it took 3 yrs to get the ignore and about face standing still option so IM hoping by 2015 they have it where they poof when ignored LOL

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 5 of 10 (270 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

In my humble opinion the ignore feature is pretty pointless. Since it really doesn't stop the offender.  It only makes you and only you oblivious to it.  Your basically given a blind fold.  Seems to me it would only be fair if the offender was given the same blind fold when the feature is used?  You can't annoy someone if you can't see them.  The way things are now your better off just ignoring the offender without using this feature. At least that way you can still see them acting or saying something inappropriate and report them. Just a thought.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 6 of 10 (229 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

In my humble opinion the ignore feature is pretty pointless. Since it really doesn't stop the offender.  It only makes you and only you oblivious to it.  Your basically given a blind fold.  Seems to me it would only be fair if the offender was given the same blind fold when the feature is used?  You can't annoy someone if you can't see them.  The way things are now your better off just ignoring the offender without using this feature. At least that way you can still see them acting or saying something inappropriate and report them. Just a thought.Woman Happy

Certainly better than having them dance in your face and use laugh emotes and whatever to continue to harass you after you've hidden their text. Sure it's not perfect but way better than is was before. 

They'll get tired and leave after they see you've not paying attention to them anymore. 

Personally I always make it a point to tell them they are not on ignore so they know they've been put on it. 

Message 7 of 10 (207 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
6048 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I hear what you are saying. It's a step in the right direction. Unfortunately their still dancing in your face and using the dopey emotes. You just don't see them.  I don't see how this solves the problem.  They still see you though aswell as everyone else in home. They can even still send you messages through your XMB unless you block them or have your privacy settings engaged. I think it's a flawed system that favors the offender since nothing changes from their perspective.  

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 8 of 10 (182 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I hear what you are saying. It's a step in the right direction. Unfortunately their still dancing in your face and using the dopey emotes. You just don't see them.  I don't see how this solves the problem.  They still see you though aswell as everyone else in home. They can even still send you messages through your XMB unless you block them or have your privacy settings engaged. I think it's a flawed system that favors the offender since nothing changes from their perspective.  

Certainly room for improvement to say the least. Believe me I know where you are coming from. Punishment however has it's limits when it comes to some home users I'm afraid given I suspect they generate traffic and do buy stuff. 

I got a fairly graphic picture the other day from someone who used to be on my friends list. The one thing I can say that the grief report I filed for their stupidiy will get them a potential permaban.

Invisibility as part of an ignore funtion has been requested forever. Perhaps we'll get that at some point but you'll need to be a Plus Member to benefit from it! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10 (172 Views)
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Jan 24, 2013
It would be so simple though, if they would see themself as we do when ignoring them, they would leave in 3 secs, therefore saving lots of fighting time.

Nadéah
Life's a highway
Message 10 of 10 (105 Views)
0 Likes