Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: If you feel a space is too dark or too light, don't complain about it, just adjust it.

Oct 18, 2012
Or you could just hold down the square button while taking the pic for a flash...
Message 11 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
122 posts

Re: If you feel a space is too dark or too light, don't complain about it, just adjust it.

Oct 18, 2012

It has a flash? Really? Wowww I 'm gonna try it right now.

Message 12 of 16 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Rozzz___ wrote:

Hi D! Ok when I wish to take pics in a really dark place, even after adjusting the gamma the pics turn out dark. This is frustrating. So lighting a dark space is needed. I hate having to adjust my gamma just to go to one place so I never went to Cutteridge. But it is extra useful because when I go to my friends fossil museum he likes to keep it really dark and I have a really tough time trying to find the stairs.

Sorry if anybody has already suggested it, but have you tried using the flash, Rozzz? I was doing exactly that at my wife's Manor personal space last night.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 16 (87 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

so instead of asking devs to fix shotty lighting in the personal spaces we payed for we should instead go out of our way and change the brightness settings every time we enter and exit the space?

yeah, that seems reasonable. thats like if a technician poorly installed lights in your house, but you just deal with it and cary a flashlight with you all the time.

people here need to stop bending over for Home and accepting all these flaws. if you accept them then they wont get fixed and the bar for quality standards gets lowered a notch; and im not just talking about the lighting issues.

Message 14 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

so instead of asking devs to fix shotty lighting in the personal spaces we payed for we should instead go out of our way and change the brightness settings every time we enter and exit the space?

yeah, that seems reasonable. thats like if a technician poorly installed lights in your house, but you just deal with it and cary a flashlight with you all the time.

people here need to stop bending over for Home and accepting all these flaws. if you accept them then they wont get fixed and the bar for quality standards gets lowered a notch; and im not just talking about the lighting issues.

Except this thread is not about objective flaws, it's about subjective preferences,  You can claim a space is too dark, and someone else can say the space is perfect or not dark enough, and you would both be right, as its simply a personal preference.  The idea that the devs should change the ambient light is indeed unreasonable when there is no consensus that everyone can agree on.  And ranting and demanding devs make changes based only on your wants or the wants of a minority is indeed unreasonable, and is a quick way to get ignored by the devs in the first place.

The fact is that it takes just seconds to adjust the gamma, allowing everyone to enjoy the amount of ambient light that they like.

And clearly you haven't bothered to check my numerous posts taking Sony and the managers of Home to task for many of the flaws in Home and how poorly they are at communicating with their customers on these issues... But light levels in spaces is not a flaw, it's a personal preference which we all can adjust to our own personal liking.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 15 of 16 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

Rozzz___ wrote:

It has a flash? Really? Wowww I 'm gonna try it right now.

Yes, the flash has been a part of the camera options for years now... It's just that many don't bother to look at the options when they flash up on the screen.   Keep in mind, the flash acts like a real flash, so if the thing you are taking a pic of is too far away the flash won't be very effective.

The other problem with the flash (and it got worse recently) is that there is a bad lag between when you hold down the square button to make it flash and when it actually takes a pic.   This gets particularly annoying when trying to take a pic of something moving, even something as simply as an R1 animation.

However, I stumbled across a handy bug with the flash.  When you hold down the square button and the flash turns on, but before it takes the pic, quickly press the R1 button.  It will prevent the camera from taking that pic, and it will leave the flash on.   Now, when you are ready to take the pic, simply press square like you are taking a pic without the flash, and now you not only get the flash effect, but no lag in taking the pic.

In fact this flash bug also makes for a clever torch effect in dark spaces, as you can walk around with the flash stuck on, and it will stay on until you take a pic or put the camera away.   I used to use this torch effect when in the Blood Siren space... Was quite useful.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 16 of 16 (54 Views)
0 Likes