I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Re: If online play on PS4 requires PS+ will u still play PS4 home?

Dec 3, 2013

Agreed. Although, I'd probably grudgingly shell out for a plus membership, if it meant I got to keep Home. I've sunk a lot of money into it and I'd like to keep access to it, and have new content as well.

However, I would not shell out just to access online content. I bought Tekken Tag 2 used and you have to buy a new online key to access the online matches (it's about 10 bucks). After playing for free on Tekken 6 (and getting my derriere whipped by kids who are really good at about 2 moves--after painstakingly re-learning my fave characters after Tekken 4), I decided that online content is overrated on anything but RPG and FPS. So no. I would not but a plus membership unless it came attached to Home. Don't care about the rest of it.

Club: Nachtmere
Message 41 of 57 (318 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Re: If Online Play On PS4 Requires PS+, Will You Still Use PS4 Home?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

I'm a gamer. Even if Home never appears on the PS4, I will become a PS Plus member. I've been planning on doing that for a while. I've taken into consideration all of the benefits of membership and I've found that it is worth the cost. 

Plus all of the Home benefits.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 42 of 57 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

Dec 3, 2013
I've had PS+ pretty much since it came out, and I've never been sorry. I've gotten to try a ton of games that I probably wouldn't have experienced otherwise, and I have been able to participate is some really incredible betas-although those have slowed down as more and more people join and the numbers expand.

Probably my favorite beta was the Home Hub one, second probably Playstation Rewards-still sorry that didn't come to fruition.

I'm always surprised at how much free stuff I get. Totally worth it. Plus, I love the game backup, auto download of updates, blah blah blah. I find myself using every part of the service. In fact I just extended mine using the $20 off special they had on Friday.

And I get a little plus symbol over my head in Home. I actually use that as a gauge in Home-I know if someone has it they are def not a kid or troll-too much money invested in their account to be screwing around inappropriately. At least customarily. There's always an exception to the rule, lol.

Conrad, I think you'll like it. Do it! Smiley Happy
Message 43 of 57 (303 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Dec 3, 2013

I welcome this with open arms when Sony mention it and thought about time too. I lost count on how many people tried adding me when I happen to mike up in game and they discover that I not guy. I never in past had problem paying to play game and I think because of time playing MMOG’s etc. I think whoever really compline about it really hasn’t played games online much in past 5 to 7 years. If home ever make the current hope to ps4 I think it great idea making people pay to use it because it might help stamp out trolls and pervs, But again maybe not. Just the other night was playing battlefield 4 with few friends and this random guy mike up said to me “Show me your *beep!*” and he was pretty much had potty mouth and we just leave but over all I welcome idea and it will stop children nagging you which is good idea.       

Message 44 of 57 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 3, 2013
That's not true... I bought the plus for my system and only one account has it...the other account doesn't....
Message 45 of 57 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3279 posts

Dec 3, 2013

PS Plus is a must for any gamer as its a way to protect you incase your system says "I hate you...freeze now" lol I have been a Plus memeber for 2 yrs now and its been worth it. Regardless if Home is on the PS4 or not i will continue to use it...Plus plays no factor in Home for me as it only has little perks..changing the colors of your name and hair and adding a little Plus logo. But it would for sure cut out all the Users who dont Pay to Play on Home.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 46 of 57 (274 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Nanshe wrote:

Assuming you're required to purchase PS+ for online play on PS4 and assuming the yet to be confirmed Home is part of the PS+ perks on PS4, will u still consider it?

so sony won't be using dedicated servers yet they expect people to pay premium prices for online? no thanks, i'll stick with xbox one.

Message 47 of 57 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Dec 3, 2013

I would just because I love home. But that would annoy me quite a bit counting one of the reasons I valued playstation over xbox in the last releases was because playstation 3 did not require money to play online. Where xbox 360 did. Felt like xbox was just trying to squeeze more money out of people.

What I want to do to most people..Fallen
Message 48 of 57 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Dec 3, 2013

mysticalgamer79 wrote:
That's not true... I bought the plus for my system and only one account has it...the other account doesn't....

Which system? PS3 or PS4?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 49 of 57 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Dec 3, 2013
So it was confirmed home for ps4 or is this another classic example of how rumours are spread...
Message 50 of 57 (240 Views)
0 Likes