Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Re: If a single developer ran Home

Nov 22, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Infinity Ward, so the same thing could be produced every year.

or maybe Rockstar North

Too much GTA Smiley LOL

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 21 of 62 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 22, 2013

madmunki could run it!

Message 22 of 62 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Nov 22, 2013

MaybeTeam Ninja (チームニンジャ) could run it & make the graphic better Smiley Very Happy like zack island from DOA extreme 2

I dunno maybe Team Ninja (チームニンジャ) could run glittering sand beach & southern island hideaway to make the graphic better Smiley Very Happy im not sure about the playstation home core space

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 23 of 62 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Nov 22, 2013

I couldn't go with one single developer, as I don't think they would survive alone and be able to deliver the amount of new products we all seem to demand on a weekly basis.

I would go with a combination of Juggernaut, ndreams, granzella, VeeMee and GameMechanics.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 24 of 62 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3155 posts

Nov 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
So you think Conrad that if one dev held the reins to Home it wouldnt work? Not being facetious Im genuinely curious.

I dont know man I think he has a point as much as i would hate to agree with him! but they can hardly get things to work with all the curent devs we have right now! lets see the most current issue it that Avalon Keep space! but I could be wrong thou idk lol! but I dont see how one dev would help I think it would be an absolute disaster!

lolol photo Silver_off_her_meds_zps28989ad6.gif
Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatantI
Message 25 of 62 (203 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

Nov 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
So you think, Conrad, that if one dev held the reins to Home it wouldnt work? Not being facetious Im genuinely curious.

It would be too much work. Home wouldn't be as big as it is today if there were only one Development Team. And the choices we would have in Home would not only be limited due to a smaller team, but also due to the lack of competition and differing ideas. Including challenges to stretch the "rules" that limit what can be done in Home.

We need Sony to maintain the framework of Home, with the different Developers vying for our interest and money. Competition between each other in order to have each of us as customers and fans.

If you look at all of the Developers, each has a different type of product to sell to us or give. If we had only one Developer, we wouldn't have as many choices, and if we did, it could be many years apart.

Hopefully you get the idea of what I'm trying to convey. If not, forgive me for being too vague or confusing.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 26 of 62 (193 Views)
VP of Gaming
28560 posts

Nov 22, 2013

XrazgarX wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
So you think Conrad that if one dev held the reins to Home it wouldnt work? Not being facetious Im genuinely curious.

I dont know, man. I think he has a point as much as I would hate to agree with him! 

You hate to agree with me because you dislike or hate me that much? What if what I had stated had been posted by someone you did like?

I think some people disagree with others not because they don't like the idea. It may be because they just don't like the person with the idea. Thus often on this forum, someone who posts an off topic message in order to insult another forum member gets their message kudo'ed. But what about the message and the topic.

Okay, I'm off topic here and my message can be reported. That's fine with me. As for the topic itself, Home would never ever become as big as it is now if it was left in the hands of one Developer.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 27 of 62 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3155 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:

I dont know, man. I think he has a point as much as I would hate to agree with him! 

You hate to agree with me because you dislike or hate me that much? What if what I had stated had been posted by someone you did like?

I think some people disagree with others not because they don't like the idea. It may be because they just don't like the person with the idea. Thus often on this forum, someone who posts an off topic message in order to insult another forum member gets their message kudo'ed. But what about the message and the topic.

Okay, I'm off topic here and my message can be reported. That's fine with me. As for the topic itself, Home would never ever become as big as it is now if it was left in the hands of one Developer.

ok i believe that we have discused this before sir in pm! i dont like the happy go lucky playing the blind man post you make alot of the time! now I have agreed with some of your post in the past! as far as me not liking you is concerned that is one of the things i d not like but as a person i dont even know you! 

so yeah im just going to leave that as just that! and as far as the insult and kudos thing you speak of lol still no idea what your talking about!  but i do however agree with the whole idea of one dev runing home would be a bad idea! 

anyhow conrad if you would like to have further pms please fell free! and i am sorry if you felt as if i offended you in some way but all i was saying is you had a point in this whole thing!

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatantI
Message 28 of 62 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
900 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Ha ha Madmunki and then it would look like Home was built using a DayGlo paintball gun. That would be awesome. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 62 (149 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Nov 22, 2013

If one developer ran Home, I could see Home getting smaller, but I also envisioned that one developer would still maintain the framework and allow competition from other devs, not just one dev using Home to sell their items exclusively. That's why I suggested a merger between the Home devs cause the job of maintaining Home might be too much for a Home developer, (..I don't see how, but it might be) After all, some Home devs can't even get their games to work right half the time so I doubt they could maintain Home properly.

Message 30 of 62 (130 Views)
0 Likes