Fender Bender
3270 posts

Re: Idiotic Censor Filtering

Sep 30, 2012

Cens on home n PS3... I could go for hours on that!  I'm in Canada and most of my friends are... guess... in USA!   Well just to say we dont have the same words cens on either side. 

1 example?   Vinagre! Cens in US but not in Canada. Theres so many words different from 1 side or the other of the border.  We spent a couple morning waking up and trying words. 

Want more? I live in Québec, Canada, the french province. I can use any local swear words I wish. You wont beleive what we can say! (Now for those who think I should'nt warn Sony ppl about it. I really dont care, not a swearing guy anyway) 

Now make some friends from different EU countrys... Hilarious hours garantee!! 

Just make sure your in a private place or there's no kids around. 

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 31 of 43 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
379 posts

Sep 30, 2012

This has always been one of my pet peeves on Home, as someone said XMB chat is just as bad with words like bacon being censored. Also as we all know there are ways to get around these filters, if trolls want  to swear and be abusive muting them works much easier.

Message 32 of 43 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Meh the filters are a little OTT, you'd think Sony were a bunch of naggers Smiley Wink

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 33 of 43 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 30, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:
Meh the filters are a little OTT, you'd think Sony were a bunch of naggers Smiley Wink

A question to ask Sony, is why the club/local/group chats all go by different censorship?

Each one, has a different way of censoring words. I've noticed it a few times, and it makes me wonder. 

Message 34 of 43 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Sep 30, 2012

It wouldn't make me as bothered if they also censored it on your screen too. Woman Mad Half the time I don't even realize it's being censored.

Oh, you guys might find this one odd. You can't say Bill Murray or Slimer. Well, the Bill comes out but Murray is censored. I don't see any hidden 'bad' words in those two words.

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 35 of 43 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 30, 2012

lol thats funny. The word Pro-m-e-t-h-eus is also censored. I was talking to a friend about the movie and she thought I was being a perv or something and left lol. I had to explain to her what was going on before she would talk to me again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a powerful driving force within every human being that once unleashed can make any vision, dream or desire a reality.
Message 36 of 43 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I guess you can't even say method in case it refers to a method of personal recreation? Smiley Wink LOL

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 37 of 43 (210 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Why the word "con" is censured? C'mon I use it almost every minute >.< Give us a way to disable filter, please.

Message 38 of 43 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jul 17, 2013

ZorroDelDemonio wrote:

Why the word "con" is censured? C'mon I use it almost every minute >.< Give us a way to disable filter, please.

Then you should be suspended Smiley Very Happy

It's censored in club chat, but not local.....just like the word "sex"

Local: She's sexy!

Club: She's ***y!

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 39 of 43 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I agree with the OP.. BTW is it a suspension offense curse in incorrect English (spelling)...?

Another funny thing, Home staff have no comment... Well, normal..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 40 of 43 (131 Views)
0 Likes