Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Re: Ideas for in Home goodies only beta testers can have

Apr 27, 2007
I can only dream about getting a t-shirt that read "Home Beta Tester".
Message 41 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 27, 2007

xatarisfanx wrote:
Don't get your hopes up. Out of everything that I've ever beta tested not once have I gotten anything special to show for it. In the mmorpg type stuff (which is the closest that I can liken this to) they usually totally wipe the server before it goes public - so don't spend too much time on your pad or else you're going to be sorely disappointed when everyone else gets in.

But with Home all of your stuff is stored client side. Meaning it's on our HDD's not some massive server somewhere. So the likelyhood of us keeping what we buy/do in the beta is pretty good.
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 42 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Apr 27, 2007
I've been beta testing for years and the "bonus" you get as a beta tester is experiencing the game (or in this case a virtual world) before the masses.  Why should they provide anyone a gift or "goodie".  Thats what they have paid testers for.  People always have their hands out for something.
Message 43 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Apr 27, 2007
Please stay on topic people.  The topic is not about weather or not the Trailist should get extras/goodies.  The topic is about things that we think would be cool to get if Sony decided, on their own, to give the Trialist anything. As I said, I don't really care if I get anything.  Most betas I was in we got nothin, but I have been in a couple that we did so I know it is possible, but not a requirement.

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Message 44 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Apr 27, 2007
Another thing for everyone that gets in must consider is that this is the first round of user beta. You can expact many bugs. I would expect the whole world to be wiped clean a few times before the open beta. You may lose everything you had or you may not. You should also expect everythign you need to be provided for you. They will want to test every aspect of this program to work all the bugs out before release. If we are good testers then the open beta later in the year should be reletively bug free, though there will still be some.

I would expect them to allow us to try out all the different sizes of homes and all the stuff you can buy to be sure that it all works together. There probably wont be much 3rd party stuff at first but it will come in slowly.

Maybe they will release a SDK to the testers to create their own content.

if they were able to provide a HDD to FF11 testers then they will surely provide many things to the home testers. If they charged the beta testers (during the beta test) then there will be many things left untested by the majority of the testers.

I hope I get chosen because I look forward to digging into every corner of this program to find anything I can that needs fixed and to offer any opinions I have to what can be improved.

It would only be an added bonus that we get to keep anything they provide but it isnt necessary.

Non beta testers might think it would be unfair that they didnt get any free stuff but that is the nature of the beta test. When testing other games the tester most always gets a free game out of it because it is provided, athough, it is probably slightly different than the final release. But since Home is free anyways then I dont see a problem with testers keeping what they aquired during the test period. Home will probably be patched a few times during the beta period and for the testers will probably be a patch to get to the final release.
Message 45 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Apr 27, 2007
@LaChoy

I wouldn't say that. I'm sure everything will be controlled and stored on the network other than maybe your mp3's and movies. If not, they'll just have you download another client when the beta is over that will wipe your possessions. Sony was in control of the Vanguard Online beta and they wiped multiple times before the public release (once after each beta stage).

Message Edited by xatarisfanx on 04-27-2007 12:19 PM

http://www.cityeyesphoto.com
Message 46 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 27, 2007

xatarisfanx wrote:
@LaChoy

I wouldn't say that. I'm sure everything will be controlled and stored on the network other than maybe your mp3's and movies. If not, they'll just have you download another client when the beta is over that will wipe your possessions. Sony was in control of the Vanguard Online beta and they wiped multiple times before the public release (once after each beta stage).

Message Edited by xatarisfanx on 04-27-2007 12:19 PM

That would be the only possible way they could wipe your stuff out. Sony has already stated that everything is client side for Home. It isn't a persistent world, as the only way someone can visit your pad is when you are online. They said they may change it later but for now that is how it works.
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 47 of 47 (3 Views)
0 Likes