Wastelander
952 posts

Re: Ideas for in Home goodies only beta testers can have

Apr 27, 2007
i think they should make us all home mods, after all there are gonna be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of home users soon enough after its released.
Message 31 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 27, 2007
This thread has some great ideas, I'd be ok with any or all of them if possible. please. Thank you.
Message 32 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16940 posts

Apr 27, 2007

C00l_PER50N wrote:
i think they should make us all home mods, after all there are gonna be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of home users soon enough after its released.

not possible... and the people they would chose for that postion would have to be well know and trusted... sorry...
Message 33 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 27, 2007
I'd be happy if they let us purchase items at a deep discount and then let us carry those items over to the finished product or atleast give us the option of purchasing some exclusive beta testers only items that we can carry over
Message 34 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Apr 27, 2007
Don't get your hopes up. Out of everything that I've ever beta tested not once have I gotten anything special to show for it. In the mmorpg type stuff (which is the closest that I can liken this to) they usually totally wipe the server before it goes public - so don't spend too much time on your pad or else you're going to be sorely disappointed when everyone else gets in.

http://www.cityeyesphoto.com
Message 35 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 27, 2007
I like the idea of a free upgrade to something that others can get, but have to pay for.  Be honest, how many of you are actually beta TESTING and not just beta playing

A SMALL gift like a shirt would be cool too. That lottery thing doesnt compare at all, because winning the beta email gets you HOME 5 months early, so that is like the money.

But I think that 15,000 people getting special items, and 500,000 people pissd they didnt get the beta, and then more pissed they dont get special items doesnt sound like a smart choice for Sony.
Message 36 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 27, 2007
but back on topic, I think some cool ideas might be
     Special access to payable content (such as access to games you may have to pay for)
     psn
Message 37 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Apr 27, 2007
As beta testers, I'm close to 100% sure that you guys will get full access to the spectrum of stuff planned to be sold when the game goes public, but like I said when the beta period is over your living areas and characters will most likely be wiped. You'll probably be able to upgrade your apartments for free, put whatever furniture you want in there, customize your character with anything you want (including the paid stuff) and participate in any other activities that might cost money when the actual system goes public.

I'm just assuming this based on some other stuff I've tested. I know when I was in the Vanguard beta we had very easy access to stuff that costs an arm and a leg now that the game is public. It'll probably be the same way in home.

http://www.cityeyesphoto.com
Message 38 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 27, 2007
ok, no more tab or shift functions.   good ideas are PSN FUNDS. enought to buy all the premium items released, or for certain game downloads.  some osrt of psn love.  or, or... the ability to invite friends for the opened beta!  I like this one.

most likely option, as stated before a lot, is some sort of clothing. 
Message 39 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Apr 27, 2007

BFrosty wrote:
Generally speaking, the fact that you get to participate is payment enough. Beta testing, although invite only, is actually voluntary, and not compensation is not needed for volunteers. I don't expect Sony to be rewarding it's testers anytime soon with anything other that the chance to participate in a beta test.

Here, Here. There are many of us who couldn't make it into the closed beta testing either because we didn't get an invite or are not eligible because of age or nationality (me!). I think those who have made it should be happy enough with that instead of wanting an extra cookie.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 40 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes