Apr 27 2007
By: ControlNode I Only Post Everything 1347 posts

Ideas for in Home goodies only beta testers can have

46 replies 9 views Edited Apr 27, 2007
I know that with some previous betas that I've been in the beta testers were rewarded for participating and helping them make the product better that non-beta tester players can not get.  I'm hoping that in home trailist get a little something extra that those that come in at the live release cannot get.

Things off the top of my head would include:
  • A free poster to hang in you v-pad the the Home Beta Tester (Home Trailist) logo on it.
  • A free t-shirt for the avitar stating Home Beta Tester (Home Trailist)
  • Free upgrade to a larger v-pad
  • A Trailist trophy
I know there are plenty of other things that could work, but I just thinking outloud so share you thoughts.

Also, v-pad is refering to the Home User's apartment thing, I don't know that they are really calling this at the time, but v-pad had a good ring to it, sounds similar to d-pad.

Message Edited by ControlNode on 04-27-2007 12:40 AM

_____Still want my OtherOS support____________
Sony needs to understand that PS3 3.21 FW provides no security fix. They are only hurting those that have a legitimate use for Linux on the PS3 and also use it for the other functions it was designed to do. Linux stayed on mine until I received RB3 as a gift. I refused to buy a new console to retain all the features my console could do prior to April 1st 2010. I have bought 2 broken 60G units and fixed them for running Linux again.
Message 29 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
614 posts

Re: Ideas for in Home goodies only beta testers can have

Apr 26, 2007
Good Ideas

Freelance Journalist
Partner At EGM, Twitch.tv, Youtube
http://www.antdagamer.com
Message 1 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
670 posts

Apr 26, 2007
I think they will do something special for testers.  Sony knows where their bread is buttered and will do thier best to take care of the loyal PS3 users who will beta this program to the extreme!

Message 2 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13761 posts

Apr 26, 2007

ControlNode wrote:
I know that with some previous betas that I've been in the beta testers were rewarded for participating and helping them make the product better that non-beta tester players can not get.  I'm hoping that in home we get a little something extra that those that come in at the live release cannot get.

• A free poster to hang in you v-pad the the Home Beta Tester logo on it.
  • A free t-shirt for the avitar stating Home Beta Tester
I know there are plenty of other things that could work, but I just thinking outloud so share you thoughts.

Also, v-pad is refering to the Home User's apartment thing, I don't know that they are really calling this at the time, but v-pad had a good ring to it, sounds similar to d-pad.

great idea.
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987
XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383
Message 3 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 26, 2007

ControlNode wrote:
I know that with some previous betas that I've been in the beta testers were rewarded for participating and helping them make the product better that non-beta tester players can not get.  I'm hoping that in home we get a little something extra that those that come in at the live release cannot get.

I tend to disagree because not everyone is being allowed into beta - that means just because you got lucky you should have something I don't? If the beta was open to all ... sure go ahead and give out speciality items.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 4 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10740 posts

Apr 26, 2007
dont care about the first to but i would think it would be awsome if they gave us some badass houses for testing.
Message 5 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Generally speaking, the fact that you get to participate is payment enough. Beta testing, although invite only, is actually voluntary, and not compensation is not needed for volunteers. I don't expect Sony to be rewarding it's testers anytime soon with anything other that the chance to participate in a beta test.
Message 6 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 26, 2007

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

ControlNode wrote:

I tend to disagree because not everyone is being allowed into beta - that means just because you got lucky you should have something I don't? If the beta was open to all ... sure go ahead and give out speciality items.

Then it wouldn't be special now would it? Just because your lucky enough to win the lottery means you shouldn't get that 100 million dollars because I don't get it too? Quit whining, no one knows if the emails are the only way to sign up for it. They may just be the first wave.
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 7 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Apr 26, 2007

BFrosty wrote:
Generally speaking, the fact that you get to participate is payment enough. Beta testing, although invite only, is actually voluntary, and not compensation is not needed for volunteers. I don't expect Sony to be rewarding it's testers anytime soon with anything other that the chance to participate in a beta test.

My bro beta tested FF11 and they gave him a free HDD when they came out. It happens and I think they'll at least throw the beta testers a poster or shirt for Home, either of which I would be fine with. Heck, I'd be happy just being able to beta test it

Message Edited by Lachoy on 04-26-2007 12:09 PM
PSN ID: Lachoy
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

99% of teens put something stupid like this in their sigs. If your part of the 1% who don't, use this in your sig.
Message 8 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Apr 26, 2007

ControlNode wrote:

Who would wanna wear a cheesy "Home beta tester shirt"? After the real thing hits off in Fall, how many people do you think will taint their body with some crappy beta tester t-shirt when they have a seemingly endless variety of cooler shirts to choose from?. Go ahead if you want to, but also do remember that the final word has not yet been given, so don't set yourselves up for failure. Like the mod said, the reward is that you're given an oppurtunity to beta test, nothing more will be done to compensate you.
Message 9 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes