Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Re: Ideas & Tips For Your Own PlayStation®Home Machinima!

Apr 13, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

therob21 wrote:

Hmm, I may have to buy a PVR after all... But they are costly, so would a Roxio Game Capture or EasyCap work too?

I hate my HD PVR now, I'm getting an Elgato next week. My PVR served it's purpose but it's just a big hunk of junk now. I think you should look around a bit. The Roxio HD Pro costs a bit less and does good things. Search youtube for different options, there are loads of comparison videos.

Just checked out the latest Elgato, and color me impressed. I think that will be my next buy. Or hell, my birthday is in a couple of months...  Smiley Happy

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 71 of 111 (318 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Well I will try to get me a Roxio instead off amazon then, then learn how to use it. Thanks guys.  (I ask cause I want to enhance my AriaRobbiePS3 Presents videos as well as my Dancing Avatar Roberta shows by using the locomotion moves I bought.)

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 72 of 111 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 13, 2013

YES    WE HAVE A NEW ARTISANS' GUILD!

I spoke to Olivia_Allin about the Artisans' Guild and she is hosting the meeting on Monday night, April 15. at 8 PM EDT, 7 PM CDT, 5 PM PDT.  It is free, open to everyone who is interested in making machinimas in Home, and is a sharing session about hardware, software, free music (legal) sources, special effects, etc.  If any of you are interested, please send Olivia a message in Home (her avatar ID is Olivia_Allin) and let her add you.  You can also send me an add request to my 'artisan' avatar, MindField6237, and I will make sure you get reminders and notices of anything exciting that comes along.

Message 73 of 111 (305 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Nice!! Tho I have yet too make one, I still may join just to see exactly what all is involved in creating a good video. lol and to see what I'm doing wrong, I saw your video that was shot w/ the Loot camera & it looked pretty gd, but when I was playing around w/ the Loot & the Observer cameras all my videos came out looking kind of pixelated. Anyhow I'll probably be sending 1 of you a request. Thanks for the post!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 74 of 111 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Just wanted to mention PSN is having a maint. and I think home will be down during those times. I did send requests though as I would like to learn some tricks using the home cameras.

Thanks and keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 75 of 111 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Wonderful thread.

For those who might not have seen my vids. I made 3 of them related to the nDreams Motion Capture line. I love what they did with these and I can't wait for a 3rd series to release. I don't mind spending money on quality items.

I use a Hauppage PVR and iMovie for editing on my Mac. 

Jo

Dance Animations Only Series One

Dance Animations Only Series Two (There was no editing in this video just a raw film capture)

Series Two Love and Rude Gesture Animations

Message 76 of 111 (298 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Wow!  How did I miss seeing these?  Wakey Uppy, Keara!  Those vids are sensational, Joanna!  I feel exactly the same way about spending the money when the product is worth it.

Message 77 of 111 (275 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 14, 2013

That's awesome, Joanna! I love them! 

Message 78 of 111 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 14, 2013

We need a 'sticky' thread of product demos where ALL the  machinima makers can put in links to their demo videos and it will be easier for buyers to see what they want to buy.  Sort of a video version of Alphazone4.  And maybe it will motivate ALL the developers to make a short overview of their new products each week so we can see sizes (furniture), full length shots of fashions in action, built in motions (companions), handling and speed of locomotion items, etc.  all in one-stop Buyer's Guide.  If it is broken into categories (Fashions, Furniture, Companions, Dance Moves, Gestures, etc.) it would be a lot easier to use than jumping all over the Forum to different threads looking for things.

Message 79 of 111 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I tell ya what. Why don't I just add the videos you guys make in the OP? I'll make a category for it. Smiley Happy I'm gonna go grab some lunch and do it when I get back. Smiley Happy

Message 80 of 111 (228 Views)
0 Likes