Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Re: Ideas & Tips For Your Own PlayStation®Home Machinima!

Apr 10, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

therob has a good point there!  I wanted to start an Artisans' Guild for all independent machinima makers in Home where we could meet, share ideas on software, editing, music sources, and equipment.  And have demos of new items, methods, and software.  I tried once but everyone was from the same media group and it ended up more of a in-house discussion group than a place for ALL video makers.

If you want to try this idea, I have a clubroom we can use and also a Loot Soundstage personal space for demos.

An Artisans' Guild sounds nice! Count me in!

Actually, my youtube channel, in-world pix was started with the intention to be a Home Machinima channel for different users and shows. Kinda like what is now called an EOD channel. This was way back in 2010, though. The timing wasn't right. 

Now it's just my personal you tube channel.  Smiley Happy 

I'm all for having a type of guild. Make it so! XD

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 61 of 111 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 11, 2013

That sounds great , I am all about learning and have actually gotten a few of my friends very excited about creating there own , I can't wait to see the ideas they come up with.

This is a great idea!

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 62 of 111 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Wow! Homeboy, you got this stickied!  Ok, let's load in more helpful hints and encouragement.

Message 63 of 111 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

Wow! Homeboy, you got this stickied!  Ok, let's load in more helpful hints and encouragement.

Ikr?! 

Now that my Hauppage is back up and running - I'll be working on a couple of tips today.   Smiley Happy  Keep an eye out! 

Message 64 of 111 (430 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 12, 2013

okay. here's my "beginner" tip of the day:  BUY a PVR!  If you like to put yourself into your machinimas, the easiest way to do it is by using a Hauppauge PVR.  Joanna taught me that and even created a diagram (which might still be in the Support section) showing how to link your PS3 to the PVR and then link the PVR to your PC.  Once you (or a neighborhood teen - the only people who really understand cabling) get them linked correctly, machinima making is a breeze.  You don't even need a camera.  Although I am crazy over the Juggernaut Observer camera and the Loot Telescope camera.  I got mine through Amazon.com for about $165. and I use it every day.

Message 65 of 111 (379 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Hey guys! Here's a tutorial/tip video I made this morning. It has audio commentary. I hope you find this helpful!

Please feel free to give back some constructive feedback! Smiley Happy

I'm going to also post this in the OP for new readers. Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 111 (341 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

I do almost all my machinimas in personal spaces rather than the Home public spaces.  So extreme cloesups are really easy there if you use the Loot Telescope camera, position your avatar close enough to the be able to target that camera, turn it on and go for it.  That's a method I use in almost all of my videos.   I shot this entire machinima using the Loot Telescope camera - that's how I got these nice tight closeups.

Another tip about signs, text bubbles, names, etc.  If you are using a PVR, it will capture everything on your screen including text bubbles, signs, EOD screens, leaderboards, and chat logs. (so be careful!).

Message 67 of 111 (282 Views)
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Hmm, I may have to buy a PVR after all... But they are costly, so would a Roxio Game Capture or EasyCap work too?

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 68 of 111 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 13, 2013

therob21 wrote:

Hmm, I may have to buy a PVR after all... But they are costly, so would a Roxio Game Capture or EasyCap work too?

The Roxio looks good. Here's a link to two of them. http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/ The one on the right would be the one you need.

I briefly checked out the EasyCap products and really didn't see anything noteworthy.  Remember, you're going to need component cables at the very least. 

Message 69 of 111 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
694 posts

Apr 13, 2013

therob21 wrote:

I hate my HD PVR now, I'm getting an Elgato next week. My PVR served it's purpose but it's just a big hunk of junk now. I think you should look around a bit. The Roxio HD Pro costs a bit less and does good things. Search youtube for different options, there are loads of comparison videos.

Message 70 of 111 (231 Views)
0 Likes