Sackboy
389 posts

Re: Ideas & Tips For Your Own PlayStation®Home Machinima!

Apr 7, 2013

@ Penguin , i'm just using whats songs youtube editor allows me to , that kids version was the only one available.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 41 of 111 (349 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

small trailer for an abandoned project of comic stripe..... Smiley Frustrated

Edit: removed inappropriate video link

U--J

Xrated!

newsign.jpg

Message 42 of 111 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

SORROW-83 wrote:

small trailer for an abandoned project of comic stripe..... Smiley Frustrated

Edit: removed inappropriate video link

U--J

Xrated!

Hey, that's a great premise. You should probably continue making it. Just tone it down a tad (not too much, just enough to walk the line), and I think you have a something pertty good.

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 43 of 111 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 7, 2013

homeboy, it would really help everyone if the rules for the Sony/Loot EOD were in here.  It is tragic to see a fine talent like Sorrow spend hours creating something that brilliant and then learn that it would never be allowed in Home because of the frontal nudity.  Also, the severe limits on music usage come as a shock to many machinima makers as well as the hi-def requirements.

I really hope you, or Loot, or someone who has a complete copy of those rules would publish them here.

Message 44 of 111 (335 Views)
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

That is a brilliant idea, Keara! I'll see what I can find. IN the mean time, if anyone else finds anything regarding the rules and music limitations, feel free to post them.

Music basically needs to be royalty free. I know from past experience, SCEA will only take one of a few types of music- Music from any SCEA created space in PlayStation®Home, royalty-free music and sound effects, and original music.
Please note: Original music must not have any samples from other major label recording studio/artists, and you must be able to provide what device, software, etc. you used to create the sound (plus written permission if it's music from, let say, a friend's band).

I think I'm pretty accurate on these qualifications. It's been a while Sony has published any of my work in Home. The guidelines may have been tweaked a little. I'm sure the folks over at PSTalent or HSM will be more up-to-date with this info.

Or, if Glass or any Sony official can shed a little more light on what is passable and what is not...

Message 45 of 111 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

homeboy, it would really help everyone if the rules for the Sony/Loot EOD were in here.  It is tragic to see a fine talent like Sorrow spend hours creating something that brilliant and then learn that it would never be allowed in Home because of the frontal nudity.  Also, the severe limits on music usage come as a shock to many machinima makers as well as the hi-def requirements.

I really hope you, or Loot, or someone who has a complete copy of those rules would publish them here.

thanks KEARA, but censure and me are a long time friends!^^

It's the same reason (and some others) which kill a long serie of stories begin with VengeanceFR!

we were censored before the "day 9" was published....

Edit: removed video link due to profanity

U--J

newsign.jpg

Message 46 of 111 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Btw, Keara, I just saw this machinima moves video you posted on youtube! I love it! Mind if I post it in this thread?

Message 47 of 111 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 8, 2013

go right ahead!  the more people we can help, the better.

Message 48 of 111 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Keara22HI wrote:

go right ahead!  the more people we can help, the better.

Awesome! 

Here it is folks! Keara did a great job putting together some machiima moves! 

Message 49 of 111 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I completely changed my format to match Little Tortuga's and did some industrial strength scrubbing on the editing.  Plus I added a very detailed credits section for the location, costume, and music.  I hope this is a big improvement.  If this one works better, I will reshoot the whole thing creating individual files for each dance/gesture pack.

Message 50 of 111 (250 Views)