Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Re: Ideas and Tips For Your Own PlayStation®Home Machinima!

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

As Glass stated, if you're filming yourself then that can happen, i was wondering if you were using a Roxio or another PVR device as opposed to a Home cam.

As far as Penguin hes a mindless troll anyway so I dont pay attention to him.

Thanks for sortin that out though. I was curious as to the conditions (and/or) device used.

Ahhh..ok. Good deal! Cuz I was a little confused and didn't want to insult anyone. Smiley Happy

Honestly, that was the first time really utilizing the LOOT camera in a way that the capture would be directly uploaded to Youtube from Home.  It was unfamiliar territory for me. I usually use a PVR device - a Hauppauge, to be exact. I've had it for a long time. though (like, before ShotOuts and HomeCast-long). I'm not sure if there's a newer model. 

[addage, below] 

I'm going to work on a couple more today... not with the PVR, though. They'll probably be created with just the LOOT cam. I realy need to get used to the feel of it.  

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 11 of 111 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Actually there is a new model for Hauppauge (much smaller) and Roxio. Both are HD and can stream live thru Twitch TV and come with editing software also.

Later when you get time feel free to add me in Home.

ILLUMIN-X

I'll show you some sets I have designed for some up coming projects.

Message 12 of 111 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Well, I just checked out the new Hauppauge PVR....and it has HDMI input for recording, WOOT!!

I'm buying this sucker within the coming weeks!!

Here's a video of it:

and a link http://hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

Message 13 of 111 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Heres a visual comparison of the HD qualitys between the two leading PVR's.

But thanks to Sony protecting HD content streaming, you cant record and stream in HD using the Roxio HD Pro (which I have recently purchased). You need to purchase AV component cables and change your settings to 720p instead of 720i.

Prices run about : $154.99 (Amazon)  for the Hauppauge HD PVR 2

and Walmart has good pricing for the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO $108.00 or $119.99 (and up) on Amazon.

The downside is your emote menu and name WILL definetly show when using either of the PVR's but there are a few tricks to edit a lot of the unwanted effects out (its just painstaking to do).

Also in case you arent aware, Juggernaut Games has a new video cam (The Juggernaut Observer) that eats up less memory slots and takes great video in hard to get to angles.  Also another plus to the new cam is its only 1.99 and much much smaller.

Message 14 of 111 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Cool! Btw, you should make a video of those tricks on how to edit unwanted effects out!

Message 15 of 111 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Actually I'm still learning them as we speak.

Ive lately begun spending more time in post audio learning how to master sound effects for some upcoming projects.

Here's an example of a lil something I'm toying with.

LOOT CONTEST SOUNDTRACK WITH ROYALTY FREE EFFECTS MIXED IN

The original track was taken from the Official LOOT "Time Lord Adventures" Video Challenge Facebook Page

The track is Orchestral Tension Builder (By Jamie Evans)

I found some royalty free, creative common licensed sound effects such as:

Gas Mask Breathing

Muffled Footsteps

Heartbeat

Master Control Communications

etc...

And just remixed everything. I had to edit the length of the music score because it exceeded the 00:2:00 that the contest allows and it roughly took about an hour to get that 2:00 track remastered.

I still need to add a female narrative as a voiceover as soon as I contact my brit friend for extra emphasis on the storyline.

Then I can begin scripting the actual filming angles and lighting....its a lot of prep going into 2:00 minutes but its pretty fun.

Message 16 of 111 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Very cool, man! I kinda wanted to put the Tension track with the vid in the OP. But then thought it easier to add audio from youtube.

Btw, I'm on Home now if you wanted to add me to show me your sets.

Message 17 of 111 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Yeah..Im just glad I read the official rules as the tracks are watermarked and if you dont use THEIR music, your submission will be disqualified.

Yeah I'll log on now and add ya.

Message 18 of 111 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I have made over 30 machinimas in Home now.  Some have appeared in HomeStation Magazine as part of the articles I wrote for them.  Others are currently on the HSMagazine EOD channel (the Loot Space Theater #3).  I cannot add much to the wonderful information already in this thread. You can also see my 'stuff' on YouTube account: keara kauai

I can, however, offer a solution to something I find is a problem:  Acting classes for avatars.  I have had many years of experience as an actor and have done VO work also.  There is plenty of acting talent in Home but the limited movements of avatars takes some imagination to overcome.  In far too many Home machinimas, the 'action' consists primarily of actors on a dance floor or running across a screen or standing staring at the camera.

I would like to offer a FREE Actor's Workshop, meeting on a weekly basis, to help each other with tips and training on how to use your avatar as an actor.  If you are interested, please let me know when would be the most convenient time for meetings.  If we can get at least 10 people who want to meet on a regular basis, we can use my Loot Sound Stage.

Message 19 of 111 (304 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 3, 2013

How do you go about finding people who will make or have certain avi's created to help in making them?

I have yet to even use the Loot camera but I have some off the wall ideas which involve celeb avi's ,people might not like em but thats yet to be seen ,either way my 1st try i need a few people to help in creating whats in my head so I can start getting experience with it ,theres no sound except for what music I add and its short but still hard to find anyone who will help or who has the avi's needed.

Do you just ask randoms when you can't get friends to help  due to time conflicts or they might not have avi you need or want to create the avi ?

Thanks for any help.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 20 of 111 (291 Views)
0 Likes