Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Ideas & Tips For Your Own PlayStation®Home Machinima!

Apr 14, 2013

I think a side bar would be a better option where a number of community threads could be placed. They did it over at Jive with the category popular. A Deco Guild thread, a Machinima thread, Julia's Avatar Drawing thread, and others could be placed there.

Message 81 of 111 (361 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Fantastic idea, Jo!  Let's see if Glass will do it for us.  It would be such a benefit to everyone in Home.

Message 82 of 111 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Apr 14, 2013

It is a pretty good idea!

Btw, I added thoe animations to the OP. I think I'm going to add all of the helpful videos you guys post in the OP from now on. I'll just have to organize it and make a linked outline. Smiley Happy I should have one done by tomorrow. 

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 83 of 111 (352 Views)
Survivor
2284 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Today's tip for new machinima makers:   If the lighting at your site is too dark, check your Gamma setting and increase it slightly until you reach the desired level.   I had to do this with the Cutteridge Estate when I filmed "Torment" and also with Savage Manor with my forthcoming new horror movie, "She Waits". 

Now someone who is a lot smarter than I am can now explain how to use editing software to increase brightness for an entire machinima at one time.

Artisans' Guild meeting is open to all of you and is scheduled for Monday, April 22 at 7PM EDT.  To participate, send an 'Add request' to Olivia_Allin.

Message 84 of 111 (329 Views)
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Okay, thanks for the info.
 photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 85 of 111 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 21, 2013

PSTalents Rich Girls of Home's Angels in Waiting. Smiley Happy I was walking in this Fashion Show so it was hard to do both. This is some footage of the pre-walk.

Hope you likey!

Message 86 of 111 (264 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Nice work Jo , i'm glad you posted this now it makes me want to do another video lol.  I thought about getting the ndreams camera which had many more options but when I tried a friends and then watched it the clip on my ps3 it looked like bad quality compared to Loots camera , does anyone know anything about the ndreams camera?

Just curious as the Loot camera does kind of hamper what I can do making videos on home without being able to pan around in personal spaces unless using a stage space.

Thanks and good job jo!

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 87 of 111 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Thank you hun. It was fun.

I don't know if I can do a video of the actual show – perhaps the after party – cause I don't think I have the clips to make it worth while and I prefer not to do it if I'm not going to be happy with it. I just couldn't walk the show and capture video with my alternate account at the same time. There was a photographer who took a lot of pictures and perhaps that can be made into a video slide series. I'll have to see what I have clip wise and decide. Wont look at them for a few days. I need a break. LoL

I use a Hauppauge PVR for recording. I did use the Observer as a camera which is an amazing device for recording video. It's the first time I used it and I'm really happy with it. I just need to get used to it. I use iMovie for editing and should get into other options because I do believe I could be a lot more creative using them.

The Loot Camera (other than those at the stage sets) are pretty limiting in my view and the quality of the built in recordings isn't all that good in my view. I'm not sure which camera you are referring to when you speck of the nDreams camera. 

It would be nice if we had a portable camcorder for public spaces and one that gave us freedom to do much of what the observer can do. I suspect a developer would make money with the machinima community if they made one. 

Message 88 of 111 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I was thinking the observer was made by ndreams ,it was the one I was asking about.

I also need a better editor as on my videos i've done i've just used Loots cameras and uploaded them to youtube then used youtube editor which is a real pain lol.

I was told sony vegas is really good as far as editing but i've only made/ edited 4-5 videos and i'm trying to take babysteps so to speak so i'm having fun while making videos so I don't get overwhelmed trying to learn to much at once.

I agree , if someone would create a portable camera I would purchase it in a heartbeat ,surely someone is looking into making one if there is a way i'd like to think.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 89 of 111 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 22, 2013

The Observer is made by Juggernaut if I'm not mistaken. Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 111 (227 Views)
0 Likes