I Only Post Everything
778 posts

Re: The Idea of being able to easily visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

Jan 21, 2013

ummm ... yes ... it is . are you trying to say that Home in JP is run by someone other than Sony ? my point was that Home , regardless of where the user is physically located , is a Sony product . Home having seperate regions makes zero sense . in EU the text in Home is available in many languages . all regions should be combined into one universal Home . 

HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!
Message 11 of 12 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Re: The Idea of being able to easily visit different Home Regions from a NA Account

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

phatso64 wrote:

ummm ... yes ... it is . are you trying to say that Home in JP is run by someone other than Sony ? my point was that Home , regardless of where the user is physically located , is a Sony product . Home having seperate regions makes zero sense . in EU the text in Home is available in many languages . all regions should be combined into one universal Home . 

Although they have the same brand name, they are run independently and only responsible within the regions they maintain. Sony HQ only monitors them and only comes in if they are running in the wrong direction.

Also if you want an universal Home then laws and business agreements are different per regions and those need to be factored in. Those stuff probably will limit what Home can do and anything that is restricted in 1 region means that can't be released. So in otherwords, the stuff that all 4 regions have all in common can stay, and anything that isn't needs to be deleted.

AZ4 has US with 18000+ items and JP with 6000+ items. The 12000+ items needs to get approved by Japan or needs to get dropped. Same goes with other regions. So there's actually significant loss with little gain. Anything exclusive or missing from 1 region needs to be dropped and renegotiated with all regions and if any 1 region says no on it's release, then we won't see that stuff anymore.

Message 12 of 12 (87 Views)
0 Likes