Jul 06 2007
By: Shriekes Lombax Warrior 127 posts

Idea for Home

6 replies 28 views Edited Jul 6, 2007
After seeing the GDC demonstration and some trailers and interviews for Home, I thought this would be an amazing advance in the console wars and for the console itself. The only idea I found real annoying was how you would be in a server with people from around the world, meaning that if you were using your headset and were talking to them, they wouldnt understand a thing you were saying and vice versa. So my idea is to be able to select a country/language and be able to only connect to those servers. ie) If you select america, you would connect to an american server or maybe even have the option of joining a friends server. Good idea?
I just want home... Smiley Sad

PS3 owner since day one.
Message 1 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Re: Idea for Home

Jul 6, 2007
yes. oh, and read about my mountain dew idea its brilliant.

AFI Lifetime acheivement award: Al Pacino
Message 2 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Jul 6, 2007
With Quick type it will translate language instantly yo there prefered language, so I have heard. This is a huge step forward in mingling with other cultures.
Message 3 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jul 6, 2007

Ravelcy wrote:
With Quick type it will translate language instantly yo there prefered language, so I have heard. This is a huge step forward in mingling with other cultures.

yea i saw that but it looked to me that it can be a troublesome feature. I wouldn't know because im not in the beta though, so I'll leave the criticism to the testers...
I just want home... Smiley Sad

PS3 owner since day one.
Message 4 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jul 6, 2007
I think the whole idea is being able to communicate with people around the world, no matter what language you speak. Blocking people due to regions would take that away. On the other hand, I do know what you mean. It will be really odd. There is the text thing that translates.. but I can't imagine a voice translater. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen one that worked that well.
---------------------------------------------------------------
PSN ID: Sgmsuperstar

ANYONE is welcome to add me, as long as you're respectful. I am always up for making new friends. Currently, I don't know many people with a PS3 so I am looking for people to game with. If you do add me, let me know you're from the boards!
Message 5 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1734 posts

Jul 6, 2007
i remember seein a demo of microsoft that basically you have a headset and you can talk but using Microsoft word, so whatever you say in the headset will go as if you were typing........but MS screwed up and it totally wrote like "Hooker on my mother" or something like that
Message 6 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Jul 6, 2007
if ps3 had home at launch it would of blown 360 outa the water
Message 7 of 7 (28 Views)
0 Likes