Oct 27 2013
By: cjmp Lombax Warrior 146 posts

Idea for Home and PS4

10 replies 261 views Edited Oct 27, 2013

Hey guys! 

What's uppp?!

Just had an idea for Playstation Home and the PS4.

If they never decide to bring Home to the PS4, maybe they should rebuild a similar type of community similar to Home but exclusively for the PS4. I think that would be very interesting and a great way to give Home fans what they love while being able to enjoy their shiny new PS4 and play some great games. 

I honesltly don't see why the PS4 couldn't feature their own version of Home since it's suppose to be so "powerful" and full of "greatness". 

Like I said, this is a new idea if they don't decide to bring Home on board the PS4 Express. 

Any thoughts ya'll?

Thanks a lot! Smiley Happy

Just tee it high and let it fly!

Message 1 of 11 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: Idea for Home and PS4

Oct 27, 2013
There's a lot of MMO's that offer some of the same experiences Home does, and the social features of the PS4's new interface cover the other things that Home was supposed to do like game lobbies, jump into any game at any time, party chat etc.

So you have to ask yourself a) Why would they b) How practical would that really be anyway and c) Would the risk be worth the reward? From Sony's point of view I'd imagine they wouldn't, because it's impractical, unnecessary and not worth the risk.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 2 of 11 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

In the perfect world, I believe the PS4 can benefit the full potential of what Home was really aiming for.

But in the real world, I kind of think Home proved the limitations from the laws, licenses, developers egos, Sony's Q&A, etc and again restrict what it can do.

Also, I think there is more competition with other MMOs being release more from other companies. If Home was like a central hub of all those games and was able to access those worlds seamless using the same avatar character then it might work, but that pretty much means those companies need to work together which I don't think will happen.

Message 3 of 11 (236 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Final Fantasy is an MMO that is very Home like when it comes to Charater Creation and feel. Chat systems are very similar with local, club (linkshell) and party (group) systems. Apartments are coming so it remains to be seen how that will feel relative to Home.

Hard to know what Sony has in store for Home on PS4. They certainly aren't telling us. 

Message 4 of 11 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Oct 27, 2013

I thought I would like FF14 when it came out.. And I thought I would leave Home in the dust when it did. But I have a hard time letting go.. I guess I'd take up FF14 , but only when PS Home is fully deceased and buried. I prefer to chill out on PSN rather than game and be compettitive.

I wonder if FF14's social atmosphere is as rich and developed as Home's is. I know FF14 has a lot in terms on social interaction features, but I don't know if the FF14 players are much for socializing and dialogue as they are for grinding and searching for loot. I always enjoyed the social aspects of online games more than the actual gaming itself =P

Message 5 of 11 (196 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

No Home has the best opportunity to meet and socialize.

There are opportunities to meet people but not like here with planned events and the like. They do have groups of people who get together is club like linkshells for advanced dungeon raids and ranking up. So far most of my friends are Homies but I have met a number of FF gamers who are now part of our group. It takes time to meet people for sure. 

I fell you can do both although the time devoted to each will change. 

Message 6 of 11 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Just make it one of the legacy PS3 stream games and be done with it.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 7 of 11 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Well I spent a lot of time talking about FF14 in these forums up until the time it finally came out.. Guess I better give it a go. I'm downloading it right now.. It's going to be quite a humbling experience going from someone recognized in PS Home to a mere noob in FF14; and unlike Home, I wont be able to get by with just charisma alone :/

I hope there's drama in the FF14 scene , I enjoy observing it from a distance for some petty laughs ..but not taking part in it directly.

Message 8 of 11 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I have my fingers crossed that on christmas morning when i turn my PS4 on for the first time that the logo is on ny PS4 home screen
Message 9 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Oct 28, 2013

cjmp wrote:

Hey guys! 

What's uppp?!

Just had an idea for Playstation Home and the PS4.

If they never decide to bring Home to the PS4, maybe they should rebuild a similar type of community similar to Home but exclusively for the PS4. I think that would be very interesting and a great way to give Home fans what they love while being able to enjoy their shiny new PS4 and play some great games. 

I honesltly don't see why the PS4 couldn't feature their own version of Home since it's suppose to be so "powerful" and full of "greatness". 

Like I said, this is a new idea if they don't decide to bring Home on board the PS4 Express. 

Any thoughts ya'll?

Thanks a lot! Smiley Happy

The PS 4 is plenty powerful enough but based on an entirely different architecture than the PS 3. 

Message 10 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes