Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Re: Idea: Music in Home

Jun 5, 2007
I posted this before. I first thought it would be nice to have a jukebox but then I decided having like a radio would be better. People would have different tastes so I think having a radio that you can access through your PSP would be better. That way You and Your friends can tune into a station and listen to the same songs.

I would love to see Sony add this to Home.
~Ninja
Message 10 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1181 posts

Jun 5, 2007
i like rock music
PSN ID: Will11
Photobucket
Message 11 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jun 6, 2007
I can see the Radio being a great idea, that way everybody can listen to the same thing, and then also have a cdplayer that will stream the music from your local PS3 harddrive. That would be badass.
Message 12 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Jun 6, 2007
No, like someone else said--that's for your personal space. Others may not have the same interest in music and may find it most unpleasant!
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 13 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jun 6, 2007

Will11 wrote:
i like rock music

no one cares what kind of music you like

another possibility would be a virtual mp3, so you could listen to the music you like anywhere, and no one else could hear your music...
people could transfer songs to each others' mp3s if both people wanted

Message 14 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jun 6, 2007
I think this is some what of a great idea, but I don't think that Sony could allow people to play what ever they would like. They could though have a wide variety of songs from every genre for you to choose from. Then users could each choose a certain amount of songs to play (1 or 2) that would be audible throughout the whole area within Home. This would give users the ability to show their personality and choose the music that is played within Home.

Withouht these type of ideas to make Home a truly unique 3-D enviroment, Home will not be much of a success in my opinion.
But Home is supposed to be all about games and user generated content, so I am sure Sony will add features like this eventually.
Message 15 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 6, 2007

BTips wrote:
I think it would be cool but Home might lag uo because if everyone puts their song in, i dont think a jukebox would hold that many songs unless it has a limit to how many Songs can go into the box, but then u would have people fighting about putting their song in

This could happen. It's just that no one knows yet. Time will only tell.
Time is made for a reason, which is not to waste any of it.
PSN ID= Vash_Tigang, and Sausagefoot
"NO $KILL$, Just Owned"

Message 16 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 6, 2007

BTips wrote:
I think it would be cool but Home might lag uo because if everyone puts their song in, i dont think a jukebox would hold that many songs unless it has a limit to how many Songs can go into the box, but then u would have people fighting about putting their song in

Like the idea very much tho good post
Time is made for a reason, which is not to waste any of it.
PSN ID= Vash_Tigang, and Sausagefoot
"NO $KILL$, Just Owned"

Message 17 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Jun 6, 2007

vash_tigang wrote:

BTips wrote:

This could happen. It's just that no one knows yet. Time will only tell.

does no one get the fact that different people like different music, and if there was a jukebox people would be trying to change the song so many times that the jukebox would probably explode, causing everyone in the room to die. and if that happens many people would suddenly become homeless...
Message 18 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jun 7, 2007
Well lets think about this logically.

Imagine a song base of 50 songs (from Sony's latest releases, movies, or whatever)

Home User Rule base
  1. Each Home User gets 1 Jukebox choice from a selection of specific Sony titles.
  2. If a Home user leaves the area, their song is immediately removed from the Jukebox play list
  3. Each home user has the ability to turn down the ambient background sound levels(ala Jukebox level)
  4. Each Home user doesnt hear the Juke box if they are playing their own music on their PSP
  5. If a Home user picks a song thats coming up within 5 plays, that Home Users song selection is automatically tagged as being the one in that 5 or added to the back of the list (must be more than 50 choices in the list)
  6. Users can totally mute the space Jukebox if so desired.

I think this would totally work, and furthermore I would imagine it would get kinda boring in home without some sort of musical background. Ambient noise gets kinda boring and weird.

We could even be given the opportunity to purchase a DRM free version of the song/album if we here a song playing and like it. This could easily be an option on the PSP.

Other thoughts?
Message 19 of 22 (6 Views)
0 Likes