Mar 11 2014
By: Lil_Bruin_92 Lombax Warrior 91 posts

IP sniffers, it's against the LAW

53 replies 464 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

Why are they allowed to do this Home? On going problem for Home. 

It's against the law to snif and get someone's IP address.  Only the government can.  How long has this been on going?

I thought users couldn't hack on here anymore..Even get your IP address for that matter??

Message 1 of 54 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3155 posts

Re: IP sniffers, it's against the LAW

Mar 11, 2014

I WANT YOU TO STICK YOUR HEAD OUT THE WNDOW, AND SCREAM I AM MAD AS ..LL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE!

original.gif

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatantI
Message 2 of 54 (443 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Welcome to the Internet.

Message 3 of 54 (425 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

Just about every website tracks and records IP addresses.  This is usually done for security and site improvements purposes.  Generally this data is anonymous unless said otherwise by simply registering on a site that would allow cookies to provide relevant information.  Some sites provide this in their T&C upon registering.  Personally I wouldn't let this bother you and let Sony take care of the bad section(s) on Home.

Your job is to have fun and enjoy the stuff you do on Home.  Making your mind think you're in danger because of this is something that should not happen.  Have faith and belong on the positive side with all the hack drama on Home.  The best of the best is around the corner for Home like Trophies and the bugs that are being fixed.  I'm going to stay focused on the new things rather than those old pesky issues.

EDIT: weird text collapse

Bambi-01us
Message 4 of 54 (419 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Users on are getting your IP address which illegal on here.

More important issues thanrather keep updating a clothing line for Home.

Users are doing this on Home and its not right.  What steps are being taken?

Message 5 of 54 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Bambi-01us wrote:

Just about every website tracks and records IP addresses.  This is usually done for security and site improvments purposes.  Generally this data is anonymous unless said otherwise by simply registering on a site that would allow cookies to provide relevant information.  Some sites provide this in their T&C upon registering.  Personally I wouldn't let this bother you and let Sony take care of the bad section(s) on Home.

Your job is to have fun and enjoy the stuff you do on Home.  Making your mind think you're in danger because of this is something that should not happen.  Have faith and belong on the positive side with all the hack drama on Home.  The best of the best is around the corner for Home like Trophies and the bugs that are being fixed.  I'm going to stay focused on the new things rather than those old pesky issues.

EDIT: weird text colapes

you don't see anything wrong with this? I know users on here do it and it ruins home.

Message 6 of 54 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Lil_Bruin_92 wrote:

Users on are getting your IP address which illegal on here.

More important issues thanrather keep updating a clothing line for Home.

Users are doing this on Home and its not right.  What steps are being taken?

Steps are being taken I'm sure and the steps probably can't be disclosed.  I know it's not right for this to be going on but I just sit back and enjoy rather than fret and I just only wish you'd do the same.

Bambi-01us
Message 7 of 54 (395 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Mar 11, 2014

No matter what steps are taken to increase security, there's always going to be someone out there to find a way around it.

Message 8 of 54 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Mar 11, 2014

I would like to think steps are being taken but why is this allowed in the first place for users to have such a toy on here do this.  You really can't enjoy home.  

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be talked about on here. It's illegal for any home user to snif an IP address.  

I know a user who is doing this and want to report him.  This stuff has gone on for too long.

Message 9 of 54 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3821 posts

Mar 11, 2014

New updates such as items for the avatar, spaces, private spaces, decorations have nothing to do with the security of Home.  Sony are the peeps that update Home's client update.  Just because there are pesky sniffers in home doesn't mean all new content for home should be in abate mode.  Yes I agree that Home shouldn't allow exploits and/or other uncomfy feelings happen.  I let Sony take care of that.  I find it that if I post about an issue like this it fuels the people to do it more and more.  It's pride for these people I would suspect.

On another note there is a Home Brainiac Challenge to try out!  

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Trivia-on-Home-Home-Brainiac-Challenge/m-p/4...

Bambi-01us
Message 10 of 54 (373 Views)
0 Likes