Sackboy
443 posts

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 23, 2013

harley7 wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

A smart person at Sony would invest in back-up storage, so whenever something does in fact go awry and all the user saved memory on the cloud storage at Sony's servers are wiped or corrupted, they can always go back and use a back up save point that is saved, say, every Tuesday midnight/Wednesday morning during maintenance.

It's basically the same with computers.

yes, they do have back-ups (as gw has stated), but its the ability to to retrieve those backups that will cause issues. does the end user call 800345sony and tell of his woes, then a ticket gets created and some dude in support gets it and then goes to 9-track tape storage depot located 3 levels below norad at mt cheyenne to get out his lost dragons lair furniture layout? or maybe the new client will have the ability now or possibly in the future to retrive a back-up.

Are you able to quote his statement regarding the back-ups by any chance?

Message 461 of 469 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 23, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
I would much rather send the reason i know im safe privately to be honest.. And i dont know you.. or have a need to expain it to someone who cant help me with the problem im here about. I sent it privately to glasswalls already if im under investigation by all means ask your community leader to check into that personally..

no idea what you are talking about now nand yes kep your personnal issues private.

Message 462 of 469 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 23, 2013

KyIeHyde wrote:

harley7 wrote:

KyIeHyde wrote:

A smart person at Sony would invest in back-up storage, so whenever something does in fact go awry and all the user saved memory on the cloud storage at Sony's servers are wiped or corrupted, they can always go back and use a back up save point that is saved, say, every Tuesday midnight/Wednesday morning during maintenance.

It's basically the same with computers.

yes, they do have back-ups (as gw has stated), but its the ability to to retrieve those backups that will cause issues. does the end user call 800345sony and tell of his woes, then a ticket gets created and some dude in support gets it and then goes to 9-track tape storage depot located 3 levels below norad at mt cheyenne to get out his lost dragons lair furniture layout? or maybe the new client will have the ability now or possibly in the future to retrive a back-up.

Are you able to quote his statement regarding the back-ups by any chance?

its in this thread, do a search for his name and read his posts.

Message 463 of 469 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 23, 2013

first off im not reading though 47 pages of stuff bot i do have a question. I currenty have 3 accounts with one setting on a one month ban ending Feb2. i was wondering if i sign on to home with this account and its saves the stuff on this account. Well anything go wrong when i try to sign on to home when i get my main account back and try to sign into home? 

Message 464 of 469 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 23, 2013

raptureassassin1 wrote:

first off im not reading though 47 pages of stuff bot i do have a question. I currenty have 3 accounts with one setting on a one month ban ending Feb2. i was wondering if i sign on to home with this account and its saves the stuff on this account. Well anything go wrong when i try to sign on to home when i get my main account back and try to sign into home? 

Each PS3 account has their own files, for example.

If I switched to my Japanese account, I wouldn't have all the same files I had on my American account. Since those save files are made specifically for that sole account.

Your accounts should be fine.

Message 465 of 469 (225 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Jan 23, 2013
^^^each psn account has separate game save files so it wont be an issue.

Message 466 of 469 (221 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

harley7 wrote:

its in this thread, do a search for his name and read his posts.

Thanks, I guess.

While I'm going to find that quote about GW mentioning back-up storage, I thought it would be interesting to post these quotes for some of you worried about losing all your saved personal space interior layouts:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

GlassWalls wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Can we expect to see multiple save slots on the servers at any point in the near future?

How does this affect picture frames? Do our picture files need to be uploaded to the servers?

Will this patch increase the chances of item limit increases for apartments?

Will this enable wardrobe changes for apartment guests?

Thanks in advance, GW. :smileyhappy:

We will still have the multiple avatar save slots, just not multiple sets of save slots. However, we're also working on adding additional save slots in future versions of Home, so rest assured, we're keeping options in mind.

Thanks for the response but I was actually asking about save slots for furniture layouts. Be prepared for a lot of upset people who have worked on multiple apartment layouts and have back-ups saved on external drives.

Personally, I don't think that this update should have gone forth without providing people the opportunity to save ALL their apartment layouts for future access.

This might have to be a feature request for the future, but it's quite an excellent one. Only the smallest percentage of folks do this, so the number affected will be small, but I still think that is a valid concern to pursue.

—GlassWalls AKA Cade Peterson
SCEA Community Management Team, @CadeRageous

Message 467 of 469 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 23, 2013

@ xMINDBlIlURx & harley7

thnaks for the info. i was worried.  iwasnt planing to log on to home till i got my main account back now i dont have to worry thanks again.

Message 468 of 469 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

I found the quote regarding back-up data. It's on page 5. By the way, not sure why they would unpin this thread on Monday. Why do that and make more people confused?

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Neoswordsman wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Neoswordsman wrote:

On the bright side, no one will lose their home data if someone's PS goes into sudden meltdown.

But if Sony's servers go into meltdown, we all lose everything.

Talk about the Apocalyps3 of Y2K13

But, which is far more likely going to happen.....

<guilty of melodrama> cue the scary music :smileywink:

LOL! It's ok to be concerned about data safety. Our servers are regularly backed up, so hopefully that should take care of any issues. 

—GlassWalls AKA Cade Peterson
SCEA Community Management Team, @CadeRageous

Message 469 of 469 (202 Views)
0 Likes