Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 22, 2013
K.. AS LONG AS ITS NOT AN ALBUM OF HOME BASED CARTOON UPSKIRT PHOTOS I GOT NO PROBLEM WITH IT. THE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE IF I HAD ANY HOPE LEFT IN HUMANITY I WOULD LOSE IT ALL OVER AGAIN. aND I APOLOGIZE, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ALBUM I HOPE YOU SELL MILLIONS.
Message 421 of 469 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Hey. Hey now. Let's not judge people on what they put in their frames and what sony will do to their lovingly water colored Borderlands dirty dirty fan art... Assuming that is what they have. Should I take that all out of my picture frames? I mean... Them. If people have that. Should they take it out?
Message 422 of 469 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Hopefully this will be helpful as I use my main account has the more perfect face and I don't want to mess that up. So yeah, I can't wait to see what 1.75 will bring. Smiley Happy

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 423 of 469 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Jan 22, 2013

... Wasn't there a reason the opposite of this has happened in the past? Ya know, when saves went from the Home servers to our PS3s?

Wouldn't this cause problems with picture frames in personal spaces now too? The only valid reason for picture frames not being available in clubhouses is/was for Sony to avoid legal issues with the content being stored on the Home servers.

This all seems like a way to act like big changes are happening in Home when in reality Home has become nothing more than a virtual thrift store.

Message 424 of 469 (221 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

quasar338 wrote:

Ok with all the lip smacking and thinking and rumors and mess. I'm still confused on thing. . Are our pics and videos being transfered? If so, I hate to say this thats personal property and they cant touch it. As for the items in clothing , furniture, and rewards and ect. thats fine. ok, It's ok. but, I'd also like to know wheres the rest of the info we wre told wouldb ein forums the week of the  change?

Videos won't be transferred. Pictures in pic frames is a good question. I have apartment accounts on two machine and when I use the apartment files (copied to the second) the pics are there even thought the original pics are on the other machine. I'm not sure how they are going to do it but I doubt they'll physically copy the images to the server.

Store the location of the picture.

Something like

Frame #1:  PS3/PICTURE/pic1.jpg

The actual picture won't be moved, the server will just know where to point to.

That's my guess.

Message 425 of 469 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

As I share the same concerns with ALL my Homelings / Home...

Jan 22, 2013

As I share the same concerns with ALL my Homelings / Homesters, I also agree with those who see a light at this underdiscovered tunnel. Family, we have no choice but to wait, test, re-test, re-test, and give feedback. The TRUE answers are near.

Message 426 of 469 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

quasar338 wrote:

Ok with all the lip smacking and thinking and rumors and mess. I'm still confused on thing. . Are our pics and videos being transfered? If so, I hate to say this thats personal property and they cant touch it. As for the items in clothing , furniture, and rewards and ect. thats fine. ok, It's ok. but, I'd also like to know wheres the rest of the info we wre told wouldb ein forums the week of the  change?

Videos won't be transferred. Pictures in pic frames is a good question. I have apartment accounts on two machine and when I use the apartment files (copied to the second) the pics are there even thought the original pics are on the other machine. I'm not sure how they are going to do it but I doubt they'll physically copy the images to the server.

That's interesting, I always assumed that the chosen photo had to be stored on the HDD of the PS3 you were using. I know when I mistakenly deleted a photo from my PS3 that I had chosen to use in a picture frame in a personal space, when I went to that space the frame was empty. Perhaps since that happened they have started storing photos selected to be used in picture frames on their servers?

Message 427 of 469 (171 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 22, 2013

ProfessorTripp wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

quasar338 wrote:

That's interesting, I always assumed that the chosen photo had to be stored on the HDD of the PS3 you were using. I know when I mistakenly deleted a photo from my PS3 that I had chosen to use in a picture frame in a personal space, when I went to that space the frame was empty. Perhaps since that happened they have started storing photos selected to be used in picture frames on their servers?

Well I'll have to reboot my second machine to verify but I don't believe they were missing. I do copy a lot of my images to both machines as back ups so perhaps that's the reason. 

Message 428 of 469 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Are you all Ready?  Well i am!  I DELETED HOME! Deleted all Home Saves,Avatars,Settings,Script etc... So now i'm already for Tomarrow's big Mess!

So are You All Ready?

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 429 of 469 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 22, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Are you all Ready?  Well i am!  I DELETED HOME! Deleted all Home Saves,Avatars,Settings,Script etc... So now i'm already for Tomarrow's big Mess!

So are You All Ready?

The patch notes come out tomorrow as per Mia Walls in the EU. The 1.75 core update won't happen until the 30th. 

Message 430 of 469 (133 Views)
0 Likes