Reply
First Son
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Thats why we test things before given them to the public.  How about testing this idea before given it to us!  We are starting to see the errors now and the update is not fully out yet.

question: who is WE? Are you developer?

In case you speak in the name of SONY: could you now PLEASE test your backup routines and give us our fully furnished club spaces back?

Message 331 of 469 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

tomnamibia wrote:

Thats why we test things before given them to the public.  How about testing this idea before given it to us!  We are starting to see the errors now and the update is not fully out yet.

question: who is WE? Are you developer?

In case you speak in the name of SONY: could you now PLEASE test your backup routines and give us our fully furnished club spaces back?


Our clubs are Long gone... They won't be giving them back... The SAD part is we can't put out new item's and start over as it won't save anything now... So our Clubs are now 100% Useless!

 

Figures!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 332 of 469 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28392 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
Our clubs are Long gone... They won't be giving them back... The SAD part is we can't put out new item's and start over as it won't save anything now... So our Clubs are now 100% Useless!

It is going to be fixed.

 

Having a functioning clubhouse is a big part of the Home experience. And it wouldn't matter if they posted a message on this as the community will still continue to post as they are now. It's never mattered before.

 

Clubhouses will be restored. Or if not, the ability to save our set-ups will return.

 

Have a some faith.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 333 of 469 (193 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:
Our clubs are Long gone... They won't be giving them back... The SAD part is we can't put out new item's and start over as it won't save anything now... So our Clubs are now 100% Useless!

It is going to be fixed.

 

Having a functioning clubhouse is a big part of the Home experience. And it wouldn't matter if they posted a message on this as the community will still continue to post as they are now. It's never mattered before.

 

Clubhouses will be restored. Or if not, the ability to save our set-ups will return.

 

Have a some faith.


Or they won't but we should still love it. That seems to be the message Conrad. Ugh.

Message 334 of 469 (182 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28392 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Clubhouses are a big part of the Home community. So therefore it is a priority to fix it. It make sense.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 335 of 469 (177 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Clubhouses are a big part of the Home community. So therefore it is a priority to fix it. It make sense.


Yes it does makes sense...but that doesnt mean it will get fixed. I can roll out an entire list of other issues that werent fixed that also made sense starting with recovering lost items that people have had removed from their inventories that they paid for.

Its so refreshing to see you be able to speak on behalf of Home when the bottom line is youre acting on blind faith only.

Message 336 of 469 (169 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28392 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:
Yes it does makes sense...but that doesnt mean it will get fixed. I can roll out an entire list of other issues that werent fixed that also made sense starting with recovering lost items that people have had removed from their inventories that they paid for.

I've only lost two items in Home. And due to community input I was able to recover one of them. The other item I don't even miss.

 

Are you speaking for yourself (when it comes to lost items) or for the whole community? I have one lost item. And about that item, it has already been explained to me (and the rest of us) why we won't be getting it back.

 

As for clubhouses... Again, they are a big part of Home and will be fixed. What are you (or anyone) going to say once they are restored (or the ability to save them again)?  

 

The idea to save everything on the server(s) was not made on a whim. It was a big decision based on studies and tests. And the purpose is to protect us and to protect the property.

 

And anyway, and I'm going to take a hit here, that's all I have to share on this topic. Good day. And have a happy Home life. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 337 of 469 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:
Yes it does makes sense...but that doesnt mean it will get fixed. I can roll out an entire list of other issues that werent fixed that also made sense starting with recovering lost items that people have had removed from their inventories that they paid for.

I've only lost two items in Home. And due to community input I was able to recover it. The other item I don't even miss.

 

Are you speaking for yourself (when it comes to lost items) or for the whole community? I have one lost item. And about that item, it has already been explained to me (and the rest of us) why we won't be getting it back.

 

As for clubhouses... Again, they are a big part of Home and will be fixed. What are you (or anyone) going to say once they are restored (or the ability to save them again)?  

 

The idea to save everything on the server(s) was not made on a whim. It was a big decision based on studies and tests. And the purpose is to protect us and to protect the property.

 

And anyway, and I'm going to take a hit here, that's all I have to share on this topic. Good day. And have a happy Home life. 


Assuming that you can read by the sheer amount of time that you spend in the forums then your question should be answered by the number of threads voicing concern about lost items (not just recent threads either).

 

Also I'd very much appreciate you providing a link to back your claim up that the decision to move was based on studies and tests. If you cant provide one then you are offering nothing more than personal conjecture which is null.

 

Also I've lost more than a single item, yet this wasnt about me..nor was it about the single item you lost either. So instead of asking me questions, try asking Sony what will happen when the database servers cant connect to our personal files ?

Then ask how smart was it to ever even move everything there ?

This is equivalent to a local hospital saying, from now on we will house and store all first aid materials.

God forbid you cut yourself because now you're forced to go to the hospital for a bandage, that you could have easily opened your own medicine cabinet and gotten in half the time.

Everything that glitters is not gold and its always not in our best interests either.

Message 338 of 469 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 01/26/2012
Offline
636 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 21, 2013

Lol.  You've already turned me into one.

 

Message 339 of 469 (125 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
28392 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

People are over-reacting before it's happened. Prompted by those whose sole reason for posting is to discourage the community. Hardly illuminating.

 

People have been posting about Home's end since the beginning. If they're right, then that's it for Home. But they're wrong, then what?

 

Let's wait and see what the patch brings. Let's look forward.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 340 of 469 (123 Views)
0 Likes