5016 posts

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

Jan 19, 2013

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Mister_Squidgy wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Furniture layouts (except club houses)

Outfits you have saved in the wardrobe. Not the items themselves, just the combination.

Script settings. Many mini games store your progress here

And when these become corrupted Home doesn't work properly.

None of those files are essential. You can delete them all and Home will run fine.

They may not be essential but they can cause Home to glitch and lock up if they become corrupted.  Hence why they sometimes have to be deleted and replaced with a backup. After this update we won't be unable to do this ourselves and have to rely on an inept IT department who'll give us a buch of lip service and may or may not fix the problem.  

LunarEmerald wrote:

The point, nothing truly important will be moved to their servers. All the important stuff is already there. Data corruption is a hell of more likely on your end than theirs. If data could become corrupted so easily there, then you would've lost all your home items long ago.

They've been losing user's stuff (paid and rewarded items) for years and have done very little to give them back. 

I 2nd and 3rd that!   The End is Nigh!   

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 291 of 469 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Also I lost what I was making in peakvox labs L project as well. Because of this maintenance and that was saved on peakvox's servers. That's a very bad omen...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 292 of 469 (415 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Jan 20, 2013

OK...I read thru the first 20+ pages of this thread, and it has been pretty much been beaten to death.

But, let me give you a somewhat lengthy, but entertaining, example of corruption, what can happen to back up files.

Not too long ago a young Catholic Monk was transferred into a Monastery that specialized in copying and illuminating (putting artwork in) pages of the Bible.
He was being shown around the different areas of the Monastery by one of the senior monks, when they came to the area where the monks were actually making the copies.
He asked the older Brother what would happen if someone made a mistake or damaged the pages that were being copied from. The elder Monk stated that these were copies of copies of the original. Again the neophyte was curious, "But, Brother, what if the person that made those original copies had made a mistake, would not then all the following copies be copying that original mistake?" The elder Monk agreed that this would be troublesome, and said they would look into double checking that the copies were error free.
The Older Brother then took the pages and went down into the crypt, where the precious original manuscript had been kept locked away since antiquity for safety, to do a comparison. He was gone for several hours, When he had not returned by morning, the other Monks became concerned and went to the Monsignor to ask him what to do. Since it WAS in the deepest, most secure part of the crypts, The Monsignor decided he would go himself to see what the matter was. He trundles down into the tunnels immediately after morning prayers.

When the next morning came, and the Monsignor was now missing as well, a group of the frightened Monks mounted a search party down into the crypts.

When they reached the Sacred Vault containing the original handwritten manuscript, they found the Senior Monk and the Monsignor both huddled together, weeping uncontrollably.

They asked what was wrong, and thru his tears the Monsignor choked out his reply...

They said "Celebrate!"

For those of you unfamiliar with the Catholics faith, members of the Clergy are "celibate"
The point of this all is that, once corrupted, it stays corrupted. And I'd much rather have my own copies to replace it with, than trust a Cloud server/IT nerd to fix it.

Snidely K Whiplash

Got Rope?

I have Knot.
Message 293 of 469 (336 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jan 20, 2013

strider367 wrote:

Also I lost what I was making in peakvox labs L project as well. Because of this maintenance and that was saved on peakvox's servers. That's a very bad omen...

Did you lose all your data, or just what you were currently making?

Message 294 of 469 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Wow.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 295 of 469 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

OK, putting all info's together:
* Clubhouses settings are stored on SONY server
* on the 19th of Jan. 2013 I heard from the first cases of loosing all Clubhouse-furniture setting
  (I checked several clubs, all empty as well)
* clubhouse settings can not be backed up, so I can not restore
* next week SONY is forcing us to store our apartment settings on SONY server

Well, lets put it this way: this is now a nice sample to proof that our data are even MORE save on SONY server than on our harddrives.
Will I soon see all clubs fully furnished again?
If NOT - I get really scared!! I have 90 apartments, more or less nicely furnished. Plus some clubs - well they now don't have furniture's anymore Smiley Sad

Especially power-shopper, spending a lot of money to SONY and affiliates, will loose interest if such a thing happen with ALL our apartments!

So PLEASE SONY, MAKE US BELIEVE! MAKE US TRUST YOU! Fix the Clubs and SAVE OUR HOME

Message 296 of 469 (275 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jan 20, 2013

It's more like the upcoming change forced them to reset all the club house layouts. Probably some incompatibility issue that woud arise.

Message 297 of 469 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 20, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

It's more like the upcoming change forced them to reset all the club house layouts. Probably some incompatibility issue that woud arise.

If that is the case there should be an official announcement about it and why it was necessary. The community deserves that much. I suspect it's a bug and it will be fixed. At least I sincerely hope so. 

Message 298 of 469 (229 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 20, 2013

It took me months to acquire and furnish several of my clubhouses with specific items....Thanks Sony...now its all been wiped out in a flash just so you could try to prevent a harmless ISE exploit under the guise of this new patch being in our best interest.

SHAME ON YOU

And as expected we dont even get the courtesy of an explanation or an excuse what happened from management

Message 299 of 469 (223 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

I have friends with multiple skins and they decorate all of their clubs. To have to redo them without warning or an explaination is very troubling. Personally I don't own any clubs, well technically I own one skin/club but never started it because of the limited club slots.

I have heard rumors that clubs will be updated in this core. Hard to know what is true or not true relative to what's coming. 

Message 300 of 469 (212 Views)
0 Likes