Fender Bender
2693 posts

Re: [INFO] Upcoming Change in Home Save Files

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

stardeth wrote:

Until the PSN is (supposedly) back up and running. Fingers AND toes crossed...

It's not comeing back on-line today. 
12AM

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzU4NTMwNDg4...

That's what I was talking about!  At least I'm stuck at work till then.......

......Ugh, REALLY? What the heck are they doing? ....Oh well, gives me a chance to ask people here: Final Fantasy Tactics (got like 3 or 4 battles in several years ago; had to tap out; been meaning to retry) or Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (always wanted to play it; never could because of its original console). Which do I get? (OT: I've said my main concern. Gonna see how it plays out though.)

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 211 of 469 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 19, 2013

WaveLightning777 wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

stardeth wrote:

Until the PSN is (supposedly) back up and running. Fingers AND toes crossed...

It's not comeing back on-line today. 
12AM

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzU4NTMwNDg4...

That's what I was talking about!  At least I'm stuck at work till then.......

......Ugh, REALLY? What the heck are they doing? ....Oh well, gives me a chance to ask people here: Final Fantasy Tactics (got like 3 or 4 battles in several years ago; had to tap out; been meaning to retry) or Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (always wanted to play it; never could because of its original console). Which do I get? (OT: I've said my main concern. Gonna see how it plays out though.)

Im gonna suggest Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.. i always liked that series better than the original Tactics, anyway...

Message 212 of 469 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Jan 19, 2013
FFTA isn't an option. Its a 10 dollar PSN card that I had planned to use until I found out I'm gonna be locked out until like 5 AM, at the earliest. Smiley Sad

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 213 of 469 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Severs will now be down tell

5AM

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 214 of 469 (372 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Now...if I could only find the ON switch.

index2.jpg

Message 215 of 469 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Jan 19, 2013
There are lot of good arguments here, both pro and con. And I sort of have mixed feelings about this, but I’ll reserve final judgment until I see this in effect. I did think of one concern in particular and I don’t know if it’s been mentioned already and I missed it but it involves the small but dedicated league of Home users who, shall we say, are “extra creative” with their furniture placements.

Full disclosure: I myself do not space-glitch, but I know many who do and they do a fantastic job at it. I’ve seen some really amazing stuff. I am also keenly aware that some parties not only frown upon this activity, but even go out of their way to update any of their affected spaces to eliminate access to any exploits.

My concern is what happens with these unique space placements in the event of, say, a core update or patch that adjusts the physics engine to such a point that certain items are no longer accessible, this rendering any such exploits neutral. It would seem there would be no real recourse here for anyone who has space-glitched to make any readjustments to their space. If they can no longer access their items, they can no longer remove/move them. And if they can no longer do that, then they are stuck with a number of inaccessible items that count against the furniture slot limit, rendering any future update to the space moot. And regardless of whichever side of the “space-glitching” argument you happen to be on, you have to agree that that would be a form of cruel and unusual punishment.

We should, at the very least, have a fail-safe option to delete any space or character setting file of our own choosing as a sort of fail-safe option. It may not be a panacea to most, but it should alleviate some concerns of any potential for file corruption and give us back a modicum of control. Please consider this in your update of you have not already done so.
Photobucket
Message 216 of 469 (217 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 19, 2013

you should still be able to save your pics and videos to xmb right 

Message 217 of 469 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28376 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

The XMB and Home are two different things.

Before there was Home, we were able to save pictures. And after the patch, we will still be able to do so.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 218 of 469 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Jan 19, 2013

We yet need to see what this can do with the pros and cons that have been discussed here, thou I do see us moving forward to the next level. One thing that comes to mind is since now every personal space we have will be on Sony's own servers just like clubhouses, would this be opening the doors down the line to possibly having it where we can have a choice for others to visit our personal spaces when they like.

Message 219 of 469 (177 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Adding to what Y2David just said I am curious if this may allow multiple furniture layouts in the end. Dont clubs support this feature?
Support Forums
Message 220 of 469 (165 Views)
0 Likes