Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: [INFO] No Man's Land: Feedback and the Gold/Silver Bundle

Jun 22, 2012

Yeah a lot of people would like just the shiny reaver armor seperately, me included. There's nothing else like this for women in NA home and it looks really neat. I'll pay 10 -15 at most for it easily but 50 is crazy.

You know people don't need all those pallete swapped suits and guns that aren't even hand items, and you will definitely make more selling the Reaver seperately.

Suppose 100 people buy Reaver suits at 9.99, that's 1000 dollars. How many people do you expect will buy the 50 dollar bundle? 10 at most? Plus people could end up buying the Reaver suit who are new to home and people might pick it up in the future during lousy NA updates.

Just keep in mind if you sold the guns as hand items you'd make a lot more money off that as well.

EDIT: Actually I have a question for anyone that has the reaver suit: Is it all in seperate pieces? Can helmet come off, ect? Cause if it's a full outfit I won't buy it regardles off price, but I'm sure others still would.

Message 60 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Wow.That is an impressive list.That was my first thought.My second was "my poor inventory!" Seriously though,that stuff seems to be worth the price,but I still don't see myself buying that bundle.It's too early in the game for me to make that kind of investment and it's probably not necessary for the way I play:casually.However,I will buy grenado's to start with and maybe a helmet.As far as the rewards/upgrades to armor goes,I guess it isn't necessary but most Home games have rewards of some kind so why not this one?If I'm going to buy wardrobe items that act as upgrades,shouldn't those upgrades be applied to earning rewards?Like furniture items for example.

Message 61 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Jun 22, 2012

koolkarl1 wrote:

I cant agree with you their. You would be shocked with how usefull it is to switch between weapons. Before you go into the match, look at what weapon the person has on their back, before you go in take 2 steps to the gun area and swap it accordingly. Same goes for armour. If you see someone using a sniper and heavy armor. And you own all of the weapons and armour. Bring light armor and an assault or heavy machine gun, and that puts you a step above them.

OK, fine. I'm not going to argue with you.

I doubt that I'd be willing to put so much time and thought into strategies for this game. I guess that's why I'm not a candidate for the $50 bundle. I haven't even decided yet if I want to pay $1.49 for a new gun.

castle3
Message 62 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

EDIT: Actually I have a question for anyone that has the reaver suit: Is it all in seperate pieces? Can helmet come off, ect? Cause if it's a full outfit I won't buy it regardles off price, but I'm sure others still would.

Yes, it is separates. Helmet, Torso, Gloves, Shoes, and Pants. The Helmet has an odd chin-strap thing that makes it look odd by itself though.

Message 63 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Yea i agree that at this point its not really worth a whole lot of effort mainly because there is not a big reward for it other than leaderboard. If they do add rewards like they were saying then yes, i would definently reccomend paying 2 dollars for a gun of your choice. Although like ive said if you want to be in the top 10 all you need is a new gun and thats about it. I have heavy armor and a machine gun, yet someone with no armor and just a machine gun out killed me me. He had 26 i had 22, then everyone who had a pistol was just 10 kills or less. The only difference between him and i was that he had more deaths than me, but that does not really matter. In fact, yesterday i saw someone with a 4 dollar suit and 2 dollar guna go 44-0 and in TDM. But yea until new maps/rewards are added theres not much of a need for armor. I would suggest getting a 2 dollar gun though,

Message 64 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Jun 22, 2012

@ the repost in # 53

You are so full of it. The only reason that bundle was taken down was because of the outrage from the community.

They HAD TO take this bundle down and sweeten the deal to try and save face with the public.

VeeMee is a joke that has no punchline. Its about time the community started seeing them for what they are.

I personally hope they leave Home... and that is just my opinion.

Message 65 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I would not like ANY developer to "Leave Home." That is how spaces end up being removed.

What I WOULD like, would be for the overly-greedly developers like VeeMee, NDreams, and Konami to stop looking at Home Users as some sort of money machine, where they can throw out few things at outrageous prices like birdseed and expect people to flock to them like hungry pigeons.

For the "$150 value of the $50 bundle, at least one third of that could have been REWARDED to players for game play, similar to the reply about enabling you to pick up the weapon of a defeated foe for the remainder of the session, or for accumulate salvage points. At least that would provide incentive to play the game more.

As stands, although I enjoyed the tutorial, the overly blatant "gimme your money!" aspect of the game stopped me at the commerce point (along with a freeze bug on exiting) before I even bothered to attempt to play a single round, although  good friends had invited me, whom I would generally jump into traffic for.

Veemee sounds too much like "greedy," and their pricing structure and closefisted approach towards the Home community leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, and makes me loathe to even visit their spaces. But I still do not want to see them or their (IMO) rip off spaces leave Home. Other people who have no qualms about being virtually mugged for their money deserve to enjoy that opportunity.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 66 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 22, 2012

What is the reason the home team has decided to be so informative on this issue on their official forums all of a sudden?  What has the developer of the space said directly on it? 

This forum is the official home forum, and the home team crawls into it, to defend and support this, but cant post relavent info on anything here first instead of twit boarding, booking faces?  They could rss or other feed their social networks from their post here.  Instead numerous people farm 99.9% of the information that is here from outside sources in obscure places.

The Home teams questionable marketing, and direct undermining of user and developer confidences has been building for some time.  Now they are directly interjecting themselves on behalf of this.  Why?

One thing on its own, can be flavor of the day pet peevs with some.  I see many of them as more pieces to a puzzle, depicting a bigger picture of goals, direction, learning from past issues and mistakes or not, and alot of seat of the pants left field ideas that are out of touch and questionably motivated. 

They keep saying opinions are heard, yet even after the jet threads, a stunt like this is pulled out of the hat, after a long drought of content being added, and removing numerous spaces for numerous reasons.  Heard, and actually listening are not the same things.  Many of the third party developes do listen, and go above and beyond in numerous ways.  The host of Home, being completely out of touch, and ignoring or specificly going against its users, is undermining Home its developers and Users.

Targeting is still broken, Velvet ropes, Pool and bowling were kneecapped, Freezing, constant harassment on numerous public spaces, the abominable displays on their activity board constantly, Month plus of disconnects, forced spawning, reward bugs, downloads dont kick in, poor communication on everything, a home game not a full game has 150 in pay to win options, or a bundle for 50.  Some may want to go back to EA for their own puzzle of the picture of the Home teams management, we may not agree on all being issues, but only seeing one issue at a time, and not connecting any dots, is a bit short sighted in my opinion.  Shortsightedness, plays into the hand of questionable or bad management decisions regularly consistently being a common factor in many issues.

Message 67 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Anyone know if No Man's Land will have any updates to let you use your own avatar? Not all that fond of the recruit set up that has no value what so ever, It doesnt even let ya show facial hair or glasses.

Message 68 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jun 22, 2012

How fitting it is of the game name "No Mans Land".. The few that choose to play are the high rollers that will purchase $50 of worth invincibility only to end up playing each other in a low class game with no rewards & canned movements..

I kinda feel sorry for those who bought such package, walk around proudly wearing the gold outfit.. Reminds me of that of the poor chump in high school with the "Kick Me" sign taped to his back.

http://images.wikia.com/bttf/images/9/9e/Vlcsnap-2009-10-12-11h30m34s37.jpg

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 69 of 79 (22 Views)
0 Likes